Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's exactly what my status was for several years.
Hey Bernard;
May I ask if did you eventually get the annulment?
If you did, how long did it take?

Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Does it make sense? YES!

First, technically speaking, this is not a dating site. It's a place for Christian fellowship. That's why there are blogs and articles and discussions not related strictly to getting romance going. If you want to make new friends of either sex, this is a good place.

Second, after a relationship ends (no matter what kind of relationship or how it ends) we need to rediscover ourselves as individuals -- not as part of a couple. This takes time. The give and take in the forums is a great way to find out things about yourself and the opposite sex that you never dreamed of.

Third, making new acquaintances brings us out of the self-absorption that this re-discovery process may cause. Prayer requests, secrets confided, shared pain all give us reasons to pray. We hope that leads us to being better Catholics.

So, keep on plugging, hang out in the forums, attend an event...or start one yourself. And have fun!

After a three-year hiatus, I've renewed my Catholic Match membership. I first want to shout out a big, "Hello!" wave hug

As you can see, my mom gifted me with a unique first name and I love it. When I first tried CM three years ago, I figured it would be easier to go by my middle name. Sometimes it's just too hard explaining or justifying my name to those who don't know me, especially online. This time around, I know - because the heart hearts on this site are BIG - that everyone will accept my name.

And onto this topic at hand... I love Catholic Match! I came back seeking the same friendship and fellowship I found three years ago. I was always one of those "unsure" folks. After reading three topics on annulments currently in Divorced Catholics, I see clearly now that I need an annulment. Some well informed people carefully explained what constitutes a sacramental marriage and it seems I fall in the category of a sacramental marriage. That said, I've taken the first steps with my church and I changed my free to marry status to "in process." I also did a complete rewrite of my profile explaining that I'm seeking friendship and will only consider dating should my annulment be granted. Since my intentions are very purpose-driven, I know I won't be misleading anyone.

I can only speak for myself, no one else, but I do not feel "vulnerable" or "tempted to pursue romance" by leaving my status as "active." Honoring the process of annulment and commitment to my faith comes first, so I feel I can meet friends, seek fellowship and do what I love so much on Catholic Match - participate in the forums.

This is my You get a Gold Star! first post of what I know will be many. It's great to be back.

God bless, everyone. rosary
Secret
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Secret-991193 said: After a three-year hiatus, I've renewed my Catholic Match membership. I first want to shout out a big, "Hello!"

As you can see, my mom gifted me with a unique first name and I love it. When I first tried CM three years ago, I figured it would be easier to go by my middle name. Sometimes it's just too hard explaining or justifying my name to those who don't know me, especially online. This time around, I know - because the hearts on this site are BIG - that everyone will accept my name.

And onto this topic at hand... I love Catholic Match! I came back seeking the same friendship and fellowship I found three years ago. I was always one of those "unsure" folks. After reading three topics on annulments currently in Divorced Catholics, I see clearly now that I need an annulment. Some well informed people carefully explained what constitutes a sacramental marriage and it seems I fall in the category of a sacramental marriage. That said, I've taken the first steps with my church and I changed my free to marry status to "in process." I also did a complete rewrite of my profile explaining that I'm seeking friendship and will only consider dating should my annulment be granted. Since my intentions are very purpose-driven, I know I won't be misleading anyone.

I can only speak for myself, no one else, but I do not feel "vulnerable" or "tempted to pursue romance" by leaving my status as "active." Honoring the process of annulment and commitment to my faith comes first, so I feel I can meet friends, seek fellowship and do what I love so much on Catholic Match - participate in the forums.

This is my first post of what I know will be many. It's great to be back.

God bless, everyone.
Secret
In this case you will be our Secret, welcome
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: In this case you will be our Secret, welcome
Ha ha! Thank you, Bohdan! biggrin
Jul 20th 2013 new
Hi, Secret, and welcome back!

Believe it or not, you are not the first Secret I have heard of!

youtu.be

Jul 20th 2013 new
Sorry not to have time at the moment to read the whole thread - forgive me if I'm redundant.

I think we're in the same boat... I'm working hard to finish my part so I can submit my petition to Tribunal by months end.

In the meantime, take advantage of all the terrific resources - links to articles, guidance, etc. And especially, participate in the forums and such as you are here. I find most of the CM community a real treasure. I wish I had opportunity to just visit, talk, and perhaps attend Mass with some of the wonderful Souls I have met.

All the while being straight forward and honest about your status, and maintaining a proper mindset. My work and community involvement over many years has prepared me quite well for the "challenge" of not letting my thoughts wander outside chaste bounds.

So... you are working on your annulment, and otherwise healing from the injury of your divorce, and preparing yourself to be a good companion in future with the help of these other members and contributors, and the shared prayers and resource available on CM.

(Nope: Not staff or otherwise wink just VERY appreciative of this community smile )
Praying
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Hi, Secret, and welcome back!

Believe it or not, you are not the first Secret I have heard of!

http://youtu.be/-S_F9U9gNEQ

Hi, Jerry!!!

Goodness, I SO remember you! It's great to see all the familiar faces!

Loved your link, by the way. tongue ..As if I haven't heard Secret Squirrel about a million times (had to live that one down on the playground as a kid, lol). Always cute. I love it. Then there's always "Secret Deodorant," "I've got a secret," "Can you keep a secret?"

I could go on...

I'm still searching for all the peeps who were on here three years ago. I've messaged a few.

So, Jerry, spread the word: The Secret is out --- and back on CM wink
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: Sorry not to have time at the moment to read the whole thread - forgive me if I'm redundant.

I think we're in the same boat... I'm working hard to finish my part so I can submit my petition to Tribunal by months end.

In the meantime, take advantage of all the terrific resources - links to articles, guidance, etc. And especially, participate in the forums and such as you are here. I find most of the CM community a real treasure. I wish I had opportunity to just visit, talk, and perhaps attend Mass with some of the wonderful Souls I have met.

All the while being straight forward and honest about your status, and maintaining a proper mindset. My work and community involvement over many years has prepared me quite well for the "challenge" of not letting my thoughts wander outside chaste bounds.

So... you are working on your annulment, and otherwise healing from the injury of your divorce, and preparing yourself to be a good companion in future with the help of these other members and contributors, and the shared prayers and resource available on CM.

(Nope: Not staff or otherwise just VERY appreciative of this community )

Dave,
Thank you for kind words. It indded is a challenge.My annulment process may take longer tha usual, because the initial marriage took place in Poland. However by looking at the Cannon Law and all the rules that apply, I already see that my marriage was invalid as a Sacrament. It was invalid in so many ways, that, I think, it is only a matter of time to receive the annulment. But it is all in God`s hands after all.
Healing from the injury of divorce is not much of a problem for me as it was for kids. When my wife left, I felt a tremendous relief rather than shock or abandonment. I was happy to take care of my kids on my own. Kids are grown up now, so they carry the scars inside, don`t talk much, they want to maintain the relaion with mom, and I`m all for it. We get together as a family every Christmas.

God Bless you David
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Mebbe so but first ya gots to get a date.
You and me both, Sister!
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: Hey Bernard;
May I ask if did you eventually get the annulment?
If you did, how long did it take?

Hi Bodan...

I know I'm not the one you asked but when I joined CM three years ago I was just starting the annulment. It was a very difficult, yet healing process which was completed in nine months.

I was not so smart in my choices though, & briefly dated someone I met on here right away... Total disaster!!! The church is very wise when she asks us to not get involved before the marriage is declared null. I was in no way ready for such a thing & ended up in something even worse than what I had in my marriage.

But God is so very good. I learned an awful lot from that encounter. Thank goodness for confession & the grace to see things more clearly. I learned my lesson & waited till I had the church's nod before getting involved again. Since then, I've met many wonderful people on here... some as just friends and others as possible potentials. I continue to learn a ton of things about men, myself & the wondrous plan Our Lord has laid out for me... It's been quite the adventure.

There is so much on here I've grown from. I praise God for the managers who were inspired to develope the site, & the MANY great people I've met here.... rose

Posts 31 - 40 of 72