Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: but a consoling reply........thank you
Thanks Susan. God loves us and wants us in heaven. It's why he created us. With his help, and if we're as faithful as possible, we will get there.
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: That's even WORSE. If it's not a toupee, then the state should yank the barber's license of the guy who cuts his hair.

Voris is a punk. His message is OK but the delivery is terrible.
Well, at least of all things let's not hold the style of his hair against him. Aside from his topic choice , his delivery is what I most admire about him. Touchy matters which he tackles head on. I definitely do not see him as a punk, sorry David ;)

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: This short video from Church Militant.tv may be enlightening for some:

http://youtu.be/SZ5teKPL65w?t=30s

I'm not sure that what he is saying is found in the Bible.
It seems logical that the people that he says will go to hell, should go to hell. But it seems like women or men that would choose something like abortion because of their own selfishness might also go to hell, even though they might still want God's love. It seems selfish to want God's love and continue to sin knowing that God is all forgiving.
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Julie-362086 said: Aside from his topic choice , his delivery is what I most admire about him. Touchy matters which he tackles head on. I definitely do not see him as a punk, sorry David ;)

For some reason chicks dig him. Lord knows why.

IMO, his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. He preaches to the converted who resent not hearing their version of the truth proclaimed unapologetically and with defiance. It's abrasive and cocky to those who disagree with him. He won't win over anyone to his way of thinking. His attitude can use an adjustment along with the wig or haircut.

But I love you anyway..
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: This short video from Church Militant.tv may be enlightening for some:

http://youtu.be/SZ5teKPL65w?t=30s

Why is Hell So Unpopular?!

Here's another one www.youtube.com
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: For some reason chicks dig him. Lord knows why.

IMO, his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. He preaches to the converted who resent not hearing their version of the truth proclaimed unapologetically and with defiance. It's abrasive and cocky to those who disagree with him. He won't win over anyone to his way of thinking. His attitude can use an adjustment along with the wig or haircut.

But I love you anyway..
You are entitled to your opinion David, but maybe the reason women find him intriguing is that he is passionate. Just sayin'.

thanks for the love!

Aug 22nd 2013 new
I think most people want to be with God.God is love.And I think most people-in spite of their sinfulness--want to be secure,and loved..and want this for eternity.People love their parents,their kids,some of their aquaintances.People show Gods love and compassion to those in great need in so many ways(as hospice workers,surgeons,etcetcetc.And some of these people have some seriously whopping sins. Those sins have to be dealt with here or in purgatory--but those sins don't erase all the good either.And all that good comes from an acceptance of God.
People don't want to go through the tragedy of death and loss of loved ones. God is the answer to this--although many people don't realize it.
To say that people would hate being in Gods presence and would prefer hell is not the norm.-I think the vast majority of sinners desire LOVE and security and no death(eternity).Of course there are those that love Evil more than God.But I cant believe it is a large % of human beings.
According to many accounts--purgatory is terribly difficult but of course necessary for most.
At first glance I find this Vortis guy looks like and sounds like a 7th grade brat who is preaching to his own little choir and will likely drive more people away from the church than toward it.--But of course I could be wrong--having listened to only the one clip.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Julie-362086 said: You are entitled to your opinion David, but maybe the reason women find him intriguing is that he is passionate. Just sayin'.

thanks for the love!

You're most welcome. There's plenty more where that comes from.

The only thing that intrigues me about Voris is whether that's a toupee or just a really bad haircut. wink
Aug 22nd 2013 new
www.scborromeo.orgCATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
SECOND EDITION

IV. HELL

1033 We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves: "He who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."612 Our Lord warns us that we shall be separated from him if we fail to meet the serious needs of the poor and the little ones who are his brethren.613 To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell."

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.614 Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,"615 and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"616

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."617 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

1036 The affirmations of Sacred Scripture and the teachings of the Church on the subject of hell are a call to the responsibility incumbent upon man to make use of his freedom in view of his eternal destiny. They are at the same time an urgent call to conversion: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few."618

Since we know neither the day nor the hour, we should follow the advice of the Lord and watch constantly so that, when the single course of our earthly life is completed, we may merit to enter with him into the marriage feast and be numbered among the blessed, and not, like the wicked and slothful servants, be ordered to depart into the eternal fire, into the outer darkness where "men will weep and gnash their teeth."619

1037 God predestines no one to go to hell;620 for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God, who does not want "any to perish, but all to come to repentance":621

Father, accept this offering
from your whole family.
Grant us your peace in this life,
save us from final damnation,
and count us among those you have chosen.622
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a12.htmCATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
SECOND EDITION

IV. HELL

1033 We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves: "He who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."612 Our Lord warns us that we shall be separated from him if we fail to meet the serious needs of the poor and the little ones who are his brethren.613 To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell."

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.614 Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,"615 and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"616

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."617 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

1036 The affirmations of Sacred Scripture and the teachings of the Church on the subject of hell are a call to the responsibility incumbent upon man to make use of his freedom in view of his eternal destiny. They are at the same time an urgent call to conversion: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few."618

Since we know neither the day nor the hour, we should follow the advice of the Lord and watch constantly so that, when the single course of our earthly life is completed, we may merit to enter with him into the marriage feast and be numbered among the blessed, and not, like the wicked and slothful servants, be ordered to depart into the eternal fire, into the outer darkness where "men will weep and gnash their teeth."619

1037 God predestines no one to go to hell;620 for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God, who does not want "any to perish, but all to come to repentance":621

Father, accept this offering
from your whole family.
Grant us your peace in this life,
save us from final damnation,
and count us among those you have chosen.622
.God recognizes the positives that people do. And many great sinners do countless loving/kind acts as well and thru these actions show their love for God --
That's what I think many on this board do not comprehend.
Posts 141 - 150 of 159