Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jul 25th 2013 new
That is good, Tom.
Jul 25th 2013 new
Rachel, "Thank You" I like that post.
Jul 25th 2013 new
Absolutely!
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: People who do loving acts also sin to one extent or another for the most part. Depending on many things--I believe that this will result in varying degrees of purgatory.
I believe that those who go to hell must WANT to go to hell--and must want to hurt people and cause evil.How many of these people exist I don't know--But I certainly do not think they are the majority.
Those who are saints---whose life is a constant act of love/acceptance of Gods will---are rare---and they will go straight to heaven.
Purgatory is no picnic from what I have gleaned. The narrower path we choose the better.
I think that many people hurt people intentionally by their words but don't think that they are going to hell...like Obama and Nancy Pelosi...

Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I think that many people hurt people intentionally by their words but don't think that they are going to hell...like Obama and Nancy Pelosi...

Careful now.

None of us are in any position to say anyone, by name, is going to hell. No doubt, in the case of those you named, they are not pointing in a way that makes heaven a certainty for them.

But then, until we close our eyes for the last time, we won't know either although we rely on God's mercy and Justice to clear the way for us because of our imperfections.
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Careful now.

None of us are in any position to say anyone, by name, is going to hell. No doubt, in the case of those you named, they are not pointing in a way that makes heaven a certainty for them.

But then, until we close our eyes for the last time, we won't know either although we rely on God's mercy and Justice to clear the way for us because of our imperfections.
After Obama was elected, my Pastor let everyone know during his homily that the ones that voted for Obama need to go to confession to confess the sin before they could receive communion. I thought it was a courageous and admirable thing for him to say. When someone is supporting the death of innocent to be born children, they are supporting evil.
Only God is the final judge and we can't judge other people but we can encourage sinners to confess and be sorry for offending God by their actions.
It seems like it would be hard to be Protestant since I think that I would always be living in fear by making my own interpretation of the Bible; which doesn't even contain all the books that the Catholic Bible has. Still we can't judge Protestants to be all going to hell since a lot of them have a strong faith as shown by their good works.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: After Obama was elected, my Pastor let everyone know during his homily that the ones that voted for Obama need to go to confession to confess the sin before they could receive communion. I thought it was a courageous and admirable thing for him to say. When someone is supporting the death of innocent to be born children, they are supporting evil.
Only God is the final judge and we can't judge other people but we can encourage sinners to confess and be sorry for offending God by their actions.
It seems like it would be hard to be Protestant since I think that I would always be living in fear by making my own interpretation of the Bible; which doesn't even contain all the books that the Catholic Bible has. Still we can't judge Protestants to be all going to hell since a lot of them have a strong faith as shown by their good works.
I may be in your area and would like to come to talk to your priest about my fate since I voted for Obama. It's statement like these that make me want to RUN away from the Catholic church.
Jul 29th 2013 new
Nobody is good enough to go to Heaven. That's why we need Christ.

I'm sort of hoping the narrow path means few will make it into Heaven right off hand. Maybe most go to Purgatory first.

The main thing is to focus on a personal relationship with Jesus, read your bible, and read your Catechism.
Jul 29th 2013 new
(quote) Melanie-364556 said: Nobody is good enough to go to Heaven. That's why we need Christ.

I'm sort of hoping the narrow path means few will make it into Heaven right off hand. Maybe most go to Purgatory first.

The main thing is to focus on a personal relationship with Jesus, read your bible, and read your Catechism.
That is, read the Catholic Bible...
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: That is, read the Catholic Bible...
What is going on here?

The only way a person gets to Heaven is if they are without mortal sin, and any attachment to mortal sin, or even venial sin. If they have mortal sin they go to Hell, unless God has a mercy on them and they are given the grace of full contrition the moment of their death. If one dies with venial sin or attachment to sin, they go to Purgatory. You can't get to Heaven with sin or attachment to sin --- even venial.

Yes, there are those who are "good enough" to get to Heaven --- not naturally speaking, but supernaturally speaking, that is, by sanctifying grace and their love of God and His Holy Will. They are called, "saints". Not all of them are known to the public and declared by the Church.
Posts 71 - 80 of 159