Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jul 31st 2013 new
This has to do with my sister's son when he was little. (he is an M.D. now) When he "V" (was about 4) saw the usher passing the long basket...he asked, "Hey mom....why are those people giving/putting money in there?" She answered,
"That money is what people give to Jesus" Some weeks later the basket came out again. Noticing my sister (his mom) did not put anything in...."V" said, "Sorry Jesus....mom's broke this week" She said she was mortified but all who heard were laughing soooo hard! laughing
Jul 31st 2013 new
When the boys were young....perhaps 9 and 6...my X used to take them and have their hair styled! Which at the time became somewhat expensive. So I got the bright idea that I would take them (to a regular barber) with the cane pole and all! Dad kind of messed up on this. The barber in the first chair looked at their stylishly long hair and popped the apron...and said, "Okay.....we gonna give these boys a haircut?" I said, "Yes we are" I forget now what I was doing with the younger one....but my back was turned as the older one had already jumped up in the chair. As I turned I said, "Now the way the Mrs. wants".......and saw he had used the clippers and had shaved at least half of his hair off! All he said was, "Uh.....huh...yeah...this is looking GOOD son!" My mouth hung open...I'm sure! And being as mannerly as they were/are my son didn't say her word. So he gave him a burr! "Next!" was the reply of the barber. The younger one really acted as though he didn't care....so I just said....well so they come home with the same haircut...just do his like the other." The funny part was on the way home. (wasn't funny when their Mom saw the guys, though!) They rode in the backseat....and I looked in the rearview mirror and said, "Well guys....you will be COOL for the summer. My youngest just smiled and didn't have a care in the world. The oldest however looked infuriated! I said, "What's wrong son?" He just said, "Dumb haircut Dad!" (I am sorry but I had trouble keeping a straight face! laughing (we all three laugh about it now..but they sure remember!)
Aug 1st 2013 new
Walking out of the garage, I saw 3year old daughter going past with a quiet bantam hen strapped in the pusher feet in the air-taking her baby for a stroll.
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: My youngest son, now 42, asked a lot of questions. When he asked why I would respond that it says so in the mother's handbook. I must have been convincing because one day he asked it he could see this mother's handbook.
Karen, can I see the mother's handbook? My kids are 6 and 11- I need it!

My daughter thinks I can do anything, which is not always a good thing. A couple years ago she brought me a peach she wanted with her breakfast. I said, "Honey, this peach isn't ripe yet. It won't taste sweet." She looked at it, considered the matter, and stuck it perfunctorily in my hand. "Ripen it!"
Aug 1st 2013 new
When Chris was about three, he had just jumped out of the tub and was wrapped in a towel. His teeth were chattering (it is cold in New England) and I said what's up Chris? He said
"I am shiggaling" and I asked him what that was and he said "it's shaking and shivering together". A new word for Mr. Webster was born.
Aug 1st 2013 new
So.. what had happen was... I grabbed the coconut oil from the cabinet. Thinking it was solid, I took the lid off and turned around (a little too fast). It was not solid. The house was warm so it had melted. I spilled it all over the kitchen floor. I told my 13 year old twin boys to be careful while I cleaned it up. The boys were amazed and offered to help by examining the slipperiness of the oil on the floor. (aren't boys wonderful!)

Zak took the first shot and started running in it like he was on a treadmill. "see mom, this isn't slippery".. No sooner than the words left his mouth, he lost his grip and grabbed the chair in front of him. The quote, "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!" entered my mind as he lost control and was really slipping on the oil and couldn't stop himself. Eventually he fell to his knees and we were all laughing so hard that we couldn't stop that either. Boys are so much fun. Would have made a great youtube video. LOL
Aug 2nd 2013 new
My late husband had gone to the eye doctor for his annual appointment. When we were at dinner he was telling us that with his glasses on he sees better than 20/20. The doctor told him he had the "eyes of an eagle". My oldest daughter (a teenager) piped in, "an OLD eagle, Dad..."
Aug 2nd 2013 new
My youngest daughter ( she was 9) asked me help to understand angles. Sitting with her, trying to work out why she was getting her answers wrong, I heard her say, " That's not a right angle, that's a left angle but there are no left angles". In her understanding any angle on the right side was a right angle. How could a 90 degree angle be a right angle if it was on the left side????
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Standing at a tall shop counter paying,I turned and laughed at the sight of my 4yr old daughter and 6yr old son .As they were too short to see the woman behind the counter,swiftly and silently they had positioned themselves for a look,daughter in crawling position and son standing on her back peering over.
Aug 4th 2013 new
A few years ago when my days, nights, 'plate' and hands were always 'full' carring for 6 children, my second daughter (4th of 6 kids) asked me, "Mommy, what is something you have always wanted?"
Me, "A nap."
She replied, "No, Mommy, something you could really have!"
Yes, time and freedom for a Mommy nap was truly that scarce! lol
Posts 21 - 30 of 31