Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I just started reading the different forums. I know many have had visions / dreams of their late spouse, both good and bad, happy and sad, spiritual or not. I think the stories shared will benefit the story teller as much as those reading them. I will share later.

Jul 19 new
Welcome to the forums Jim!
I will share a little for now. When my parents died eons ago they sent me butterflies.
When my husband died and some time after he sent me butterflies. And these beautiful creatures were in the color realm of their favorites. They landed on me hung out for awhile, gave me butterfly kisses on my cheeks, and flew up into the air and disappeared.... sometimes in front of others, sometimes on my own. I have had dreams of encouragement from my husband. I woke up knowing he was gone yet feeling as if he was really there. I have "felt" his presence. And there are more concrete "things" maybe for another time. rose Praying hug
Jul 20 new
I was driving home one day and as I was approximately 3 minutes from where my late husband was killed in a motorcycle crash, a song came on the radio that was very popular when he died...."Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx. I was dealing with personal issues at the time, so I felt it was a message of comfort. theheart
Jul 20 new
A few hours before my wife passed, I sat next to her and told her to let me know when she gets "there". About three or four minutes after she passed, her mother an I sat on the bed and were talking to her and a felt a warmth on my shoulders that last between 20-30 minutes. I know that this was her giving me hug and letting me know that she made it. Also, a few minutes after she passed, I told her that our son had fever of 101. I didn't mention that while she was in the last few hours of life because I didn't want her to have that bothering her in the sub-conscience. The next morning after we got up, I told our son about mommy and that she was in heaven now. My mother took his temperature and it was back to normal. I have not recently experienced anything. Sometimes when I am looking for something, it may strangely appear.
Jul 20 new
Definitely.

We had five kids. Loading them all into the car was a process (esp. because the last two were twins and only 2 years old when he was told he was terminal.) Tom and I would call to each other, "I've got Nell! I've got Bean!"

I knew that after he died, the eldest kid and the babies would be fine (because she was very resilient, and they were too young to remember him). But the older son idolized his dad, and the little sister was her daddy's pet and shadow.

The first night after he died, I very distinctly heard Tom's voice say, "I've got Buster. I've got Tertia." The sense of relief I felt was incredible -- these were the two kids I was worried about. Fourteen years later, they both turned out okay.

Jul 20 new
I don't know that I had messages, but 2 experiences come to mind.
Our oldest daughter & husband were waiting to hear about their adoption of a little girl from China when my husband got sick & passed from cancer. We kept hoping he would last until they got their picture & referral, which was supposed to take 6 months but had turned into 16 months. He passed Dec.10 and they got their referral on Jan. 3. We all think he "sent" her to us.
The 2nd one is a little funnier, as my husband was always joking & making people laugh. He used to let the 5 acres we owned next to us grow up during the summer, stating that he only mowed it Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day. It used to drive me nuts, telling him it made us look trashy.
The 1st summer after he died, I decided to mow it between the summer holidays because of how bad it looked. Right in the middle, my mower ran out of gas. I had to walk to the house, get the gas container and haul it back in the wagon to fill the mower. I looked up and said, "I get it. Thanks a lot, Steve!" I knew he was laughing down at me.
Jul 20 new
It's been since 1996 and on occasions, I will still get white feathers appearing from nowhere.:) So will my children.
Jul 20 new
I am a 7 year widower. I have had dreams that she came back as nothing happened. Everyone, the kids, knew she had left us. None of the kids nor I questioned her. Things were back to normal.
Jul 26 new

Yes I get them periodically as needed. Before my husband passed, his 15 yo son that I brought up died. I would tell my hubby about my Heavenly Hello's from Matt, & shortly before his death he saw a black lab( ours had gone on) at Matt's gravesite. And another ex: on his computer: Matt's nickname out of the blue on the screen. (we really looked for a logical reason for it.) Matt had died by his own hand, I worried about him. So my 1rst hello was when I was praying about him and asked for a certain sign that he was ok., I went to bed thinking that was a mistake . But was given it before I went to sleep. God is merciful.

My husband & I laughed that Walmart is not usually considered romantic, however to me yes since I met him there. The a m I came home after his death. The home had a golden glow and a Walmart Gift card was in the mail. Not with anything explaining it or who from. Just coincidences? Jesus continually loves us in personal ways.

Jul 26 new

My Sweetheart is gone almost 5 years and I have never had a message from her....

Does this mean the she didn't make it to Heaven,...?,, and/or that I'm not good enough in God's eyes to let me get some messages...?
Posts 1 - 10 of 26