Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jul 26th 2013 new
Maybe you don't need one.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Really we are told that Jesus is the only "sign" we are given. Yet we are also taught about the communion of saints: they can pray for us & we for them. They know how to love more perfectly now and are active on our behalf. How often are we gaining indulgences for them if needed?
Jul 27th 2013 new
When my husband was sick, repeatedly told me that, after he passed, I should just look on my left shoulder whenever I felt the need to be near him and he'd be there, ready to comfort me. Just after he died, i was stirring a pot of his favorite sauce, veal bolognese, when, over my left sholder I heard a song come on the radio, "Put your head on my shoulder."
Jul 27th 2013 new
Every once in a while I will hear my late husband whisper my name. It wakes me up, but I'm able to fall right back to sleep because I feel safe and comfortable knowing he's near.

Jul 27th 2013 new
Kenny,

I think all the strong and loving thoughts that you have about your Sweetheart are still signs of her love for you today. It is an enduring love. I think you have love from her still every day, just not in the same physical form.

True spousal love is supposed to inspire others and bring others closer to Christ. She and you have done that through these forums and given people hope for true love.

God bless you and thank you! hug
Jul 27th 2013 new
Jim, I am not a widow, but I have received messages from my deceased dad and grandfather. If anyone wants to read about a widows early journey I encourage them to go to Facebook and like "Officer Patrick O'Rourke." Amy O'Rourke is the young widow and mom of 4 whose husband was the West Bloomfield, MI, police officer killed in the line of duty in September, 2012. Her ability to pour out her thoughts and feelings in writing as she has made the physical, emotional and spiritual journey of grief and widowhood is amazing. I don't know how far you can go back with her notes on FB at this time. She noticed early on that "55's" were the message from her late husband. His badge number was 55. She finds "55's" on the clock, thermometers, odometer. etc. and often after a very stressful situation or grief reaction. My hope is that her FB writings will be made into a book someday. It is a spiritual treasure and guide to grief. Blessings
Jul 27th 2013 new
Suzanne, I know the page you're talking about. 'Course I am from Detroit area as well. Yes, I hope they are edited and put into a book at some time. That widow's journey has been chronicled and is so in the moment. It has been good for me to work with some of the residents in the nursing home teaching them the value of journaling. Just writing down the thoughts, feelings,smells,and tastes that go with the visual memories is a way to loosen the grip of depression and allow them to experience the goodness as well as the sadness!
Jul 28th 2013 new
At first, I was frustrated, scared, worried when I realized my husband was gone and no messages were forthcoming. I, too, wondered what this meant, and feared it meant he was not in heaven. Talked this over with friends and family, and we pretty much came to two conclusions. First, once we're in heaven we're pretty much focused on God, and that is as it should be. Second, my husband was always the strong silent type. Our youngest son summed it up well: "Mom, dad was never much of a communicator while he was here, so do you really think he's going to start talking to you now?" That single comment changed everything for me. Indeed, my husband communicated with me through a look, a touch, a kindness every day, but if the celestial gates were opened such that he could reach out to me from above, he probably wouldn't. He would know that I am in God's hands and am OK. And he is right. So instead of praying for a sign from my husband, I started praying for God to make sure my Guardian Angel is at my side to protect me since my husband cannot. Starting the first day I prayed that prayer, I started finding hearts. Heart shaped leaves, rocks, mosses, wet spots in the pavement, you name it. Every single day! I take it to be messages of love from above, from my husband but through the angels. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Geri
Jul 29th 2013 new
No messages here either. I always wonder if that means I didn't love enough. I did...he did...and God has me.
Jul 30th 2013 new
Suzanne, my wife has done the same for me since her death in January of 2009. She was born on Feb 13th. Whenever I am very sad, lonely, or stressed, I either see or hear the numbers "213" or "13". The most extreme example occurred after my father died (my wife had died 8 months earlier). I was in the limo staring out the window just watching the world whiz by at 30-35 mph. I began to think to myself, "my wife is gone and now Dad is gone (the tears start coming), I am all alone". In the microsecond that it took to finish that thought, the limo stopped and I was staring at a large "13" from an apartment address which was right in front of me. I didn't have to move my eyes at all.
Posts 11 - 20 of 26