Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Dallas/Ft. Worth meet up?

Jul 20th 2013 new
Anyone interested in doing a DFW get together?

Ideas:

State Fair
Museum Day
Dallas Arboretum/Ft. Worth Botanical Garden
Oktoberfest (several suburbs have them I think)

Other suggestions? I'm thinking either the last week in August or the first week of September.

Jul 21st 2013 new
I'm interested.

All of those ideas sound great. I think the State Fair starts a little later in Sept. We can do all and that might make it more flexible for those that can't make one specific weekend.

Any thoughts?

Frank

Jul 22nd 2013 new
I am in! I would gladly get something into a couple of Church Bulletins. I am in north Ft Worth/Keller area! Good Shepherd Parish.
Jul 24th 2013 new
Sounds fun!
Jul 31st 2013 new
I'm in also. All of it sounds fun. biggrin
Jul 31st 2013 new
I'm interested too. Plese sende me more information
Aug 28th 2013 new
OK-so I kinda got busy and forgot I'd posted this. I'm leaning towards the State Fair as the "main event". How about the weekend of Sat. 10/19 and Sun 10/20? I'm thinking we do the State Fair on Saturday and then for those who want to stay overnight/live in the area we could meet again Sunday for Mass and then lunch and maybe another event before heading out separate ways. I don't think there are any "big" events like OU/TX football that weekend to impede our travels.

Here's a link to the State Fair for Saturday, 10/19. Christian band Casting Crowns will be performing on the Main Stage @ 8:30 p.m. that evening. (Kinda why I picked this weekend.)

bigtex.ntelligentsystems.com

Sunday Ideas: (feel free to make suggestions folks)

-I suggest Mass @ 9 am @ The Cathedral de Guadalupe. (There's also a noon Mass in English but that cuts into time for doing other stuff.) www.cathedralguadalupe.org

-Dallas Arboretum dallasarboretum.org
-choose something from Dallas Arts District www.thedallasartsdistrict.org (I personally suggest Trammell Crow or Dallas Museum of Art)
-The Dallas World Aquarium www.dwazoo.com
-Meyerson (The Firebird is the show @ 2:30 pm and there are some tickets left in the Choral Terrace @ $28 each.) www.dallassymphony.com

I will probably want to find a cheap hotel in the area for Saturday night at least. If anyone else is interested I'll find one early on and post it so we can stay at the same place. If enough people show interest early on I might be able to get a group rate established.

Okay folks-here are my ideas. I'll wait on some feedback at this point.
Aug 29th 2013 new
Here is some more information regarding the State Fair.

Entry Tickets are $17 @ the gate
Food/ride tickets are .50 each

Discounted tickets may be purchased online for $14.95.

EARLY BIRD Purchases may be made through 8/31/13.
Tickets $13.95
Food/ride tickets $9 for a sheet of 20 (save $1)

However...shipping cost is $7.95 so I just cancelled my order because it's cheaper to buy at the gate for me. But if we got a group together and prepaid it *might* be worth it.

It looks like Kroger will also be offering discounted tickets. I can't find the cost anywhere but here's an About.com page I found listing some of last year's deals. I'm hoping soon a 2013 version will show up. dallas.about.com

Aug 29th 2013 new
I will also do some checking!
Aug 30th 2013 new
Thanks!
Posts 1 - 10 of 38