Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Tom-755074 said: Anybody remember the "The Geator with The Heator"?
Jerry Blavat ... still going strong
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: ... The sounds of the 60s, 70s, 80s ... Philly has a good FM oldies station that has what they call "the Saturday nite dance party" ... Good tunes like Motown, lots of Philly sounds, other dance songs, some good slow dancing music, basicallyanything that's at least 20 years old! ,,, ('Course I remember the days when I was out dancing to this stuff on Sat nites instead of listening in my living room! - LOL!)

So, anybody out there like the oldies? If so, what are your favs?
Yes I like them and don't understand how they became oldies! note
Jul 21st 2013 new
How about some Peter, Paul, and Mary

www.youtube.com

Where did i put that hammer? Or the boat? Has anyone seen my keys?

www.youtube.com

OK, so i'm not very young anymore but i sure don't feel old, but where have all those young dreams gone after all? They really haven't changed much . . .

Jul 21st 2013 new
Yes, dreams can slip off somewhere without us even knowing it ... Needed to really pursue them yrs ago
Jul 21st 2013 new
Hi Rich!

I remember that great ole' SLOW dancing song, "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN".

lovestruck! Memories!!!!!!

Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Yes, dreams can slip off somewhere without us even knowing it ... Needed to really pursue them yrs ago
Who says we can't re-start any that escaped temporarily or were stolen from us? Let's just get back to those and not stop on the ones we have now either! mischievous
Jul 21st 2013 new
Hi, Richard,

Here's a guy you should know well. He's from Upper Darby, PA.

I've been dancing to this hit from 1972 since I was in junior high. My iPod is filled with his music from the 70s. I finally saw him perform at a small music venue last year. It was a dream come true.

...And he sang my favorite song:
youtu.be
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Wogl-FM 98.1 .... WPEN is now a Christian station ... I believe J Niagara is deceased
Thanks, Richard.
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Secret-991193 said: Hi, Richard,

Here's a guy you should know well. He's from Upper Darby, PA.

I've been dancing to this hit from 1972 since I was in junior high. My iPod is filled with his music from the 70s. I finally saw him perform at a small music venue last year. It was a dream come true.

...And he sang my favorite song:
http://youtu.be/fXq81-cGJr4
heart Ahh, Secret, I remember that one.... angel Thanks for bringing it back for a few minutes!

Music brings back so many good moments and memories for me from "back in the day", as my kids call it. Course, they LOVE most of my oldies, and I've come to appreciate some of their "new stuff", that's actually now "old"--from about 10-12 years ago! wink

To me, most music is timeless--and there's always something to fit my mood or circumstances--even if it's just sitting around in the livingroom! (But I LOVE going out to listen to it live even more, even if they're cover bands!)
Posts 11 - 20 of 60