Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Aug 4th 2013 new
Hang in there Richard and get busy doing your best to find that someone She will come into your life. Have FAITH!
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Nora-987781 said: Hang in there Richard and get busy doing your best to find that someone She will come into your life. Have FAITH!
Thanks Nora ... I am trying to keep the faith .... I do think some divine intervention is definitely needed, however - LOL!
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Thanks Nora ... I am trying to keep the faith .... I do think some divine intervention is definitely needed, however - LOL!
YEs, divine intervention is good in helping us find a mate. I wish I could write a humble, amusing prayer off the top of my head saying, "Lord, I'm tired of sleeping alone, going to bed alone. It sure would be nice to cook for someone and talk with someone when I come home from work. Could you send me somebody for me to love and for him to love me back?" Well, it's not necessarliy amusing, but there it is.
Aug 6th 2013 new
And hey Richard, for what it's worth, I don't care of you post a current photo or not. I don't care if you've gained weight, gone bald, gray haired or lost a leg. To me those things are just not important anymore, if they ever were. I always liked the quirky looking guys anyhow, never the blond surfer dudes or popular jocks. But I have found that looks mean almost everything to many folks here, particularly men of all ages and younger women, and now I wish I had not spent the money on something so silly.

My husband and I were close friends for 4 months before going out and we were already essentially in love before we ever kissed. He was not heavy, nor did he judge me for having a few extra pounds--he loved me deeply, as I did him. I wish more people were more open to love potentially developing between themselves and someone not necessarily their idea of physical perfection if they really like other things about them.
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: And hey Richard, for what it's worth, I don't care of you post a current photo or not. I don't care if you've gained weight, gone bald, gray haired or lost a leg. To me those things are just not important anymore, if they ever were. I always liked the quirky looking guys anyhow, never the blond surfer dudes or popular jocks. But I have found that looks mean almost everything to many folks here, particularly men of all ages and younger women, and now I wish I had not spent the money on something so silly.

My husband and I were close friends for 4 months before going out and we were already essentially in love before we ever kissed. He was not heavy, nor did he judge me for having a few extra pounds--he loved me deeply, as I did him. I wish more people were more open to love potentially developing between themselves and someone not necessarily their idea of physical perfection if they really like other things about them.
I like what you wrote, Kerry. God Bless You.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Weekends especially make me feel alone ... Anyone else feel like that from time to time?
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Yes. I hate weekends. They are horribly painful to me.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Thanks Nora ... I am trying to keep the faith .... I do think some divine intervention is definitely needed, however - LOL!
There are less people that have cared about me since I moved out of my home state 8 years ago. There are less Catholics here, I have no family here and I have less friends than I did in Ohio.
I think the important thing is to love God and know that he loves you. We may never get married or know what it's like to share a bed with anyone.
I feel kind of sorry for some of the divorced here since it seems like since they have the knowledge of having had a bed partner and always caring for someone they are more at a loss :(
Sep 10th 2013 new
Richard
I have known that feeling . When my husband had to be in a separate home because of illness and could not help me to make any decisions at all , barely spoke for several years ; and after spending the days with him, i hated going home alone. I had many friends , most of whom had spouses. What I did was to take in a boarder, who became that special friend that I needed , someone to share a home with , share an evening meal with, watch a movie or play a game with and made me feel worth being alive.

Pray for God's Will for you to be done and then Trust He Will Answer your prayer. It never fails.

Posts 81 - 89 of 89