Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 23rd 2013 new
Hahaha! At 22...maybe! We got a laugh out of it after all was said and done.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
I am not sure that innocently playing dumb counts as flirting, but more than once I have been let off with a warning which I attribute to smiling and being in total agreement with whatever they have to say. When they let me off I give them a quick Saint Michael blessing which leaves them smiling as well.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
I have a friend that was a cop for years. He said that if he ever pulled over a female, he would always give her a ticket, that way she could never come back and say she got out of one by flirting. That being said, he never pulled over anyone unless they were doing something that warranted getting a ticket in the first place!!
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Monica-977379 said: I am not sure that innocently playing dumb counts as flirting, but more than once I have been let off with a warning which I attribute to smiling and being in total agreement with whatever they have to say. When they let me off I give them a quick Saint Michael blessing which leaves them smiling as well.
Your secret weapon is a smile!? I just remembered the time I was on a two night business trip with my boss and owner. Left from Lincoln, NE and 10 miles from the WY line we blew a rod and had to rent a Uhaul. The company's insurance said I could no longer drive a company vehicle, so I asked if that would effect me driving. We were told no, I just needed a valid drivers license. angel me recently moved. As I drove through a speed trap I was pulled over. I lost the ticket in a box and forgot about it.

The overnight trip took a week to complete. I drove 3/4 of the way across NE, got home, looked at the mail, and a letter from the State of NE telling me my license was suspended shocked

It was suspended one more because someone didn't file paperwork. I had to drive around Omaha for two or three weeks before that mess was fixed rolling eyes
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jonathan-903357 said: I have a friend that was a cop for years. He said that if he ever pulled over a female, he would always give her a ticket, that way she could never come back and say she got out of one by flirting. That being said, he never pulled over anyone unless they were doing something that warranted getting a ticket in the first place!!
OH oh, the "Griend" defense! Come on Johnathan... laughing stir the pot! Its getting cold!
Jul 23rd 2013 new
My son got me out of a ticket once. The officer stopped me with my then-18 month old strapped into his car seat. He had his faithful canine companion with him. As I was apologizing, my son woke up, turned his beautiful brown eyes on the officer and asked to see the pretty doggie. The ticket turned into a warning and an admonition to keep my son safe. I listened- haven't had a ticket since.

I learned later that (probably) the real reason I had been stopped was because there had been a carjacking of a vehicle matching mine- and there was a child in the back seat. The car and the child were both recovered safely. biggrin
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: My son got me out of a ticket once. The officer stopped me with my then-18 month old strapped into his car seat. He had his faithful canine companion with him. As I was apologizing, my son woke up, turned his beautiful brown eyes on the officer and asked to see the pretty doggie. The ticket turned into a warning and an admonition to keep my son safe. I listened- haven't had a ticket since.

I learned later that (probably) the real reason I had been stopped was because there had been a carjacking of a vehicle matching mine- and there was a child in the back seat. The car and the child were both recovered safely.
rosary
Jul 23rd 2013 new
A friend well into his 80's bought a new Ford mustang ragtop. As he was taking it on a test drive he hit the freeway and kicked it up to 70 MPH. Feeling the machine respond to his touch he decided to see how fast it could go.

Watching the speedometer he failed to see the blue light following. When he passed 90 MPH he did see the sheriff and he thought he could loose him. At 105 MPH he realized that he could not outrun the Sheriff so he pulled to the side.

The sheriff told him that if he could give him an excuse that he had never heard before he would not give him a speeding ticket as he was late for lunch.

My friend thought for a minute and told the Sheriff , "Officer, three weeks ago my wife left me and I thought you were bringing her back".

Think he got that ticket??
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: OH oh, the "Griend" defense! Come on Johnathan...
The "Griend" defense? I'm not familiar with that. And hey, I'm just saying that's what he did haha
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jonathan-903357 said: The "Griend" defense? I'm not familiar with that. And hey, I'm just saying that's what he did haha
I didn't want to type "friend," or just another typo I didn't correct duck
Posts 31 - 40 of 53