Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Chris , you would blend in very well here in NYC. Strangers usually don't talk to each, make eye contact and or say hello when they pass you. Unlike other places outside of the city where strangers say hello to each other or waves when driving by each other on a lazy country road. As a matter of fact, if strangers are too friendly and chatty here, many will seriously think they have a couple of screws loose. Really.

This is true. I have found in my travels that they are different levels of receptivity to my tendency to talk to any and all nearby people. It's an accepted practice in the Midwest where I live.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Catherine, I think you probably have a very open way about you so that people feel comfortable with asking you. You are approachable!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Exactly Julie.

However, I don't want to give the impression NY is an unfriendly town. As you said, there are nice people here and with all our faults, people are genuine here. Few phonys. And New Yorkers are quick to jump in and help if someone's in trouble.

This true. thumbsup
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Katie-985000 said: I talk to strangers all the time! Being a bit of an impulsive talker makes it almost impossible for me not to talk to others when standing in line or in close proximity. Using the conversation is easily welcomed, but I'm sure a few have found me strange.

I think the easiest way to set someone at ease is to find some compliment about them, the setting or the day in general. It's pretty fun to make people smile!

I do it too and the more I do talk to strangers, the more I enjoy it!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-363093 said: Dawn - I thought about putting some smart-mouth reply in here about being shy and rarely talking to anyone.....but..... you know me too well, I'd never get away with it!

So Yes Lady Dawn - I talk to pretty much everyone. I've met some of the most interesting people that way! I usually inject humor in some way - it's wonderful to make people laugh and/or smile. I find most people fascinating. I'm sure having had a career in sales helps me to not give it a second thought - I don't really even think about it, I just TALK.
Yes, Mary, you cannot tell a lie about this! tongue

TALK away, sister!!! People are blessed by those impulsive convos!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Leon-593843 said: Lady Dawn,

Yes, I strike up conversation frequently with both genders of any age. I have always had an outgoing personality so I have no issues with your topic. Some are receptive, some not.

Blessings always,

Leon
Sir Leon! hug good to see you!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Dawn I talk to strangers all the time. Doesn't matter the gender. I guess it is second nature to me.
I can recall meeting complete strangers at some of the events in Indianapolis. NO ONE is a stranger after meeting some of those folks!
So very true about the Indy CM people, Jerry! hug So glad we're not strangers at all.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Dawn. How is your arm BTW? Are you still in a cast? Physical therapy? Just wandering...
back to your subject. Yes I talk to strangers. All my patients are strangers at the beginning of my shift and by the end of it, I don't know who is stranger!

i talk to people in the grocery store, both employees and patrons. When I am with Neill, we garnish alot of attention. Kids want to know why he wears a helmet and he s attracted to older people and girls with blonde hair. When I am alone, people ask me where is my son.
I like it when I am in the dressing room and women ask my opinion of their selections. I tell them take the first one and nix the rest and they appreciate the honesty. Well, most of the time!

Eileen.

Awwww. Thank you for asking, Eileen. My wrist is healing well. I've had a removable cast so that I can do physical therapy. At this stage I have very little pain, my surgery scar is healing, and I have most of my movement back. I see my surgeon this week. biggrin Thank you so much for your prayers and kindness, Everyone! Praying
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Beth-896139 said: Yes, I talk to strangers. After all, a few short months ago, the Indy/Cincy peeps were all strangers to me. Now, it feels like I have known them for years. If we don't talk to strangers, we will never expand our circle to include the one God has in mind for us.

That being said, I will admit that I was more likely to talk to strangers when I was younger. Heck, I would walk up to strangers in th grocery store and give out hugs. As an adult, I feel that I am a little more reserved. Although, there are plenty of hugs to go around to the right folks! I would never shun someone that starts up a conversation with me. However, I am a little more reserved when starting the conversations with strangers on my own.
hug Beth, I'm so glad that we both aren't afraid of talking with strangers! I'm blessed to know you and call you "friend."

Sing it, Sister!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kristine-985018 said: Hi Dawn it was interesting to read your posts. To tell you the truth I use to be a really shy person when I was young. However, I out grew my shyness after working retail. Working retail truly helped me get out of my shell. It truly made me more open to talking to strangers. Amazingly, anywhere I go I pretty much talk to strangers whether it is a simple hi or hello or even a smile when I am walking. It truly is a great way to meet new people and build friendships. Also you never know you could meet an interesting person who has lots to share.Talking to strangers is an enjoying and fun way to meet new people. It is a great way to interact. Do you have any advice on how I can grow my line of friends. I have sent messages, but no response yet. Lol....
Hi Kristine! wave

Believe it or not, I too used to be very shy. Youth ministry broke me of that. But like you, my work experience in retail and sales have helped to snuff the rest of it out. Doing a good job depends on talking with strangers all the time.

My best advice for adding friends here on CM is to go to events and make your own! Be open and welcoming. Let people be who they are. And put all your trust in The Lord. It's really all up to Him!
Posts 61 - 70 of 82