Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 24th 2013 new
I handle rejection by saying "Next" laughing It's not worth feeling any emotion other than anticipation of meeting "the one".
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I think it's safe to say that we get rejected on this site much more than we do in "real life"
Not everyone we are interested in or message or send an emote will reciprocate in a good way, if at all.
I actually had a guy outright insult me!
How do you handle it? I get upset for a minute and then try and move on, or stay away for a day or two.
What do you do? How do you not take it personally?
Trish
Jack Daniels generally works for me. Seriously, I've been rejected more times than a 90 year old Jehovah's Witness. It doesn't get easier, but I stay busy by being involved in Church and community.
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I think it's safe to say that we get rejected on this site much more than we do in "real life"
Not everyone we are interested in or message or send an emote will reciprocate in a good way, if at all.
I actually had a guy outright insult me!
How do you handle it? I get upset for a minute and then try and move on, or stay away for a day or two.
What do you do? How do you not take it personally?
Trish
If it is on this site I let it go. I currently don't stick my neck out as much as I used to toi meet or grt to know men here. I move on-- but honestly I just try to forget it- even set up a time table as to how soon I can let it go. If it is in real life it will take longer to forget but over time it goes away. Lots of emotions precede the eventual resolution of my feelings. If I barely know a guy there is not too much to process. If I dated someone a while there will be memories or unfinished business to process. Honestly Trish I expect less and less from people so---I am very careful to keep my expectations very low and I - tend to stand back these days and do not take many risks to meet anyone here anymore.
Jul 24th 2013 new
'With a grain of salt'. Online dating is tough and cyberspace isn't like meeting a Real person and I hate taking pictures, lol. I think a huge problem is the distance, kids, age, careers, who knows. I guess it will happen when it happens and I keep hoping I run into him in Church theheart biggrin Hey, a girl's got to have a dream, eh? hehe
Jul 24th 2013 new
It's just a shame that things that might not make such a big difference in real life if someone actually knew or got to know you can be a cause for instant rejection here. Just as mentioned, kids, careers, etc can be an instant "oh well they're not for me" response, when that might well have been the person God was sending your way. Less fixed criteria and more open mindedness might result in more matches.
Jul 24th 2013 new
Jan, You have the best response. Thank you.
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Jack Daniels generally works for me. ....
Fire him. You can't have an employee who's more successful with women than his boss. Pride will get to him from the horned youknowwho, he'll start to feel contempt for you and pretty soon he'll be inciting Walker, Molson, Pilsener, Seagram and others into, at first, petty, and, later, more serious acts of insubordination. Avoid future headaches. Throw out those sons-of-bottles.
Jul 24th 2013 new
How do I handle rejection? With alarming frequency, that's how!!! lol

Jul 24th 2013 new
Online they are not rejecting me. They are rejecting my picture, my age, my size or my distance. They never met me, so how can they reject me?. Going on a site is like getting a catalog delivered to your house. You sit in a comfy place and look at the current selections. They are not real people (to the viewer). They are pictures with the potential of becoming real people. We only risk contact if we really like the graphic. The chances that the other person will also like our picture or data is quite small.
I handle it by realizing that while that guy passed me by there are dozens of women passing him by. So he doesnt think my pix and profile warrant interest? Well there are other, perhaps prettier, younger, smaller, fitter, closer women that dont think his warrants a second look. Its all in the game. Dont take it personally. Its not you they are rejecting because they dont know you.
Now when it happens in real life its something to be hurt about. It doesnt happen to me much in real life because I dont risk it. I can take a two minute slight online, but not a true snub in real time.
Jul 24th 2013 new
On the flip side I get more attention on this site than IRL. There's always two sides to the same coin. smile
Posts 11 - 20 of 67