Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 27 new
With aplomb

which sort of means, as the dictionary tells us,

standing up straight when a lead balloon falls on your ears or standing up straight when taking a lead bullet to the chin, or perhaps standing up straight when experiencing both at the same time.
Jul 27 new
Hi Trish you make a great point I have noticed too what you have mentioned about sending people messages and emotograms and have not been very reciprocate to it. However, the answers people have been giving I would have to agree. It is better to not take it personally and just kove on. Maybe it is just not meant to be, but in time it will be. We just need to concentrate on the ones who are responding and wanting to know us. Maybe in time the right person will come.
Jul 27 new
I just archive the message and move on, there are so many nice folks that you can communicate with, you are not always going to be agreeable with everyone you meet, whether in real life or on line.
Jul 27 new
I like to respond to their message and wish them the best in their search. Then I delete the communication stream so I can have a "clean slate"!
Aug 24 new
I usually take online rejection pretty well generally because there is no real personal/serious connections to the other person, and thus no real expectations. Still working on the whole in person rejection thing though, especially if there has been a decent amount of contact, or if there are differing views on how well the "get to know you" process was going. I admittedly over-reacted to at least one or two "not feeling it right now, let's get to know each other a bit more" conversations, so I've learned from that situation that it's important to talk things out at the time, and over-reacting after the fact via technology based channels doesn't work so well.
Aug 24 new
okay I agree about archiving messages................I realise it is not the place to ask
............but can the entire message area be wiped clean?

personally f to f rejection is much more intense
and so far I have friends here only
Aug 24 new
If i've met them face to face, i normally attempt gifting them with a couple of rescue parrots i don't prefer. i love doing rescue but sometimes that's just what it seems like with a date or a shrieky Conure, they can leave together! mischievous
Aug 24 new
Praying,running,digging gardens,chopping wood-it all helps me.I can't help feeling that every one here are real people,not a few words and a picture,so I do tend to take it to heart for awhile.
I kind of give that" hopeful one" to God now, and then find peace.
Aug 24 new
I respond to rejection fairly well. On line it doesn't bother me ; but if I met the person & they acted interested & never contact me again I feel hurt .But I think about it & talk to God -I realize there is a reason -better before marriage then after.God has his ways.If I spend the rest of my life alone;so be it. I am not an unhappy person.I have been blest!
Aug 25 new
(quote) Fran-985937 said: I respond to rejection fairly well. On line it doesn't bother me ; but if I met the person & they acted interested & never contact me again I feel hurt .But I think about it & talk to God -I realize there is a reason -better before marriage then after.God has his ways.If I spend the rest of my life alone;so be it. I am not an unhappy person.I have been blest!
Good for you Fran and what a strong wit you have. This just happened to me. I made a nice dinner on the bbq, supplied everything, and then he disappeared, lol. I truly believe God is there to protect me. Otherwise, I handle rejection quite well, brush it off, and move on.

God Bless!
Posts 41 - 50 of 67