Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: He wants to point out the nail.
She refuses to consider it.
Typically, women want to be listened to and men want to fix things.
If she wants to talk about life's pressures and her internal struggle, he can lovingly listen. But she shouldn't be deaf to HIS perspective of seeing perhaps why she's experiencing these feelings--the nail--and maybe if she did something about it, she'd be freer of those pressures. Not denying what you said, Secret. Good point that communication is difficult sometimes when we hear the other person through our own filters instead of theirs.
In a dialogue, both parties are responsible to speak their perspective, but each is equally responsible to hear out the other person, if it is to be a dialogue. If a person needs to monologue, it's fair to tell the other person that all that is sought is being heard and maybe understood and accepted.

Now that is well said Lina! +100 :)
Jul 25th 2013 new
As a man who fixes things every day, I refuse to fix a person. I suggest remedies, if I have anything to offer, but the fix is up to them.
Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: He wants to point out the nail.
She refuses to consider it.
Typically, women want to be listened to and men want to fix things.
If she wants to talk about life's pressures and her internal struggle, he can lovingly listen. But she shouldn't be deaf to HIS perspective of seeing perhaps why she's experiencing these feelings--the nail--and maybe if she did something about it, she'd be freer of those pressures. Not denying what you said, Secret. Good point that communication is difficult sometimes when we hear the other person through our own filters instead of theirs.
In a dialogue, both parties are responsible to speak their perspective, but each is equally responsible to hear out the other person, if it is to be a dialogue. If a person needs to monologue, it's fair to tell the other person that all that is sought is being heard and maybe understood and accepted.

Lina, very good.....it is called reciprocation and it goes both ways. THANKS
Jul 25th 2013 new
Empathy always delivers precision, but often not accuracy. Both precision and accuracy are required to be on target. Empathy alone is frequently off target. That is why it is foolish for a man to lead with just empathy.
Jul 25th 2013 new
In my experience, communication skills vary quite a bit, regardless of gender. Some people are very good at it. Others not so much. Some expect you to be a mind-reader. Others won't let you get a word in edgewise. Still others just want an emotional rush.

Regardless, communication in a relationship needs to be a two-way street. There has to be a true give-and-take, an exchange. It's the difference between a dialog and an audience.

"You are still Mr. Fix-it" ; yes indeed ,and I assist "do it yourselfers" nation-wide who seek electrical advise ; via the "electrical" section of the "doityourself" WS "Forum" where I appear as "PATTBAA" ( Proud And Thankful --- )

In addition to expert advise on almost anything , the WS offfers a vast amount of information on everything and anything involving where one lives..
Posts 21 - 26 of 26