Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 24th 2013 new
I'd like to think that once we get to heaven that longing to be with someone, to love them and to hold them, will be satisfied. Instead of bonding with one soul we will be bonded with all of the souls in heaven and will see ourselves as we truly are. This will be the ultimate love, no need or desire for anything else. God will fill that void.
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: ...if you die single on Earth,,,will you still be single in Heaven..?? 
My dear boy, you'll be single in Heaven because you won't have any equipment to be non-single with, even if you were non-single on Earth. When the New Eden comes about, you'll get your equipment back but nobody will be interested in you and you won't be interested in anybody else, including the earthly non-single you used to have. I guess you could say that you'll just be a perfectly functioning eunuch and perfectly happy to be one, while pondering the strangeness of it all over a scotch and nectar.
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I know nobody has the exact real answer...but what is your opinion...??

to the widows/widowers that never married,,,,, will you be with your late spouse..??

To the divorced/annuled,,never married,,,will you have a forever Sweetheart in Heaven to spend Eternity with ..??
Will the widows/widowers who found a new spouse on Earth now have 2--3 ---or 4 spouses in Heaven..?

Will God in His un-imaginable mercy and love fix it so we are so so so so content..???

If widows/widowers and divorced people ,, do find new forever Sweethearts on Earth while alive,,,will we be with them in Heaven or with our original spouses....???

I do know and I will ask God to at least let me be in the same neighborhood,,( in Heaven ,,,) as our CM friend and fellow member Chris from Olathe,,,KS.....
I try to be funny at times and I fail and succeed,,but I do BOW to The Master Comedian,,,Chris..!!!!!..He is also the ( or one of the ) most intelligent people here with his feel for life....

So,,your thoughts,,??, if you die single on Earth,,,will you still be single in Heaven..??
No one is taking notes,,it is just a human opinion...
Love to All...
Mark 12:18-25 smile
Jul 24th 2013 new
A good analogy I heard once is that when we think of heaven we think like a hamster in a cage that thinks the water bottle and the wheel to run on are the greatest things. Thats what its like on earth marriage and other things on earth point to heaven but what awaits us in heaven makes those things seem like the water and wheel in a hamster cage.
Jul 24th 2013 new
We are united fully to Christ in Heaven and to the Church. This is our ultimate marriage.

We do not have marital connections in heaven to other humans. We are spiritual spouses of Christ and the Church triumphant
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: My dear boy, you'll be single in Heaven because you won't have any equipment to be non-single with, even if you were non-single on Earth. When the New Eden comes about, you'll get your equipment back but nobody will be interested in you and you won't be interested in anybody else, including the earthly non-single you used to have. I guess you could say that you'll just be a perfectly functioning eunuch and perfectly happy to be one, while pondering the strangeness of it all over a scotch and nectar.
Oh, dear my sides hurt...... laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: My dear boy, you'll be single in Heaven because you won't have any equipment to be non-single with, even if you were non-single on Earth. When the New Eden comes about, you'll get your equipment back but nobody will be interested in you and you won't be interested in anybody else, including the earthly non-single you used to have. I guess you could say that you'll just be a perfectly functioning eunuch and perfectly happy to be one, while pondering the strangeness of it all over a scotch and nectar.
Oh, Roystan...my side... laughing laughing laughing weeping faint
Jul 25th 2013 new
To me, this is one of the saddest subjects ever. When I lost my dear husband, nothing cut me to the quick more than to have people go one about how the marriage had ended in his death, that that was it and I would never see him again most likely but wouldn't care because I will be so busy praising God that it won't matter.

This is one of those things that, while it may be so, doesn't really help me to hear right now. I want to see my husband along with my other deceased loved ones when I go to Heaven if I am blessed to do so. I know, I know, I understand the whole "but we won't care " part.........but right now, I DO care, and if I thought I would never ever see my loved ones again, it wouldn't seem very heavenly--and that would include the person I was closest to.
Jul 25th 2013 new
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife , deceased , and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err , not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry , nor are given in marriage , but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying , 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living . 33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine. 34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence , they were gathered together . 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying , 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it , Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 41 While the Pharisees were gathered together , Jesus asked them, 42 Saying , What think ye of Christ? whose son is he ? They say unto him, The Son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying , 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool ? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Jul 25th 2013 new
Yes. I know what it says. Just saying it doesn't make me feel any better. I know it's the truth.
Posts 11 - 20 of 60