Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 25th 2013 new
The love we have for each other on earth, even love in a wonderful marriage, is not as good as the love in heaven -- yes, in heaven we will still love our spouse, but we will love and be loved by, perfectly and completely, everyone in heaven because all our pride, selfish motives, imperfect understandings, prejudices will be gone after our time in purgatory -- we will love everyone in heaven with a deepness and wonderfulness much better than we ever loved or were loved by our spouses on earth -- you will love your spouse and be loved back (assuming both are in heaven), but much better -- it will be like like the most perfect family/group of friends/siblings get-together ever because everyone will be filled with love of God and all God is and all He created and that includes each other. You will not love each other less -- but much more and much better!
Jul 25th 2013 new

What a thought provoking and interesting question! Saint Paul reminded us in Corinthians that only one thing will stand when we have passed from this world only love. We will no longer need faith since we will see and understand fully all that we obediently trusted in while living. We will not need hope, since all of our hearts desires will have been met. Since God is perfect love, then the only reality in heaven is and should be love. On Earth, we often feel detached and separated from that all-encompassing and unconditional form of love so we seek solace in the one way we have open to us another person. Once in heaven, all will be love and all will be one in God through Christ. So while I think those we loved in this life will hold a special place, it will be more of a community of love joyfully sharing in the best that exists in each of us. I can think of no more perfect completeness than the ultimate reunion which occurs when the soul returns happily home.

Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Monica-977379 said:

What a thought provoking and interesting question! Saint Paul reminded us in Corinthians that only one thing will stand when we have passed from this world only love. We will no longer need faith since we will see and understand fully all that we obediently trusted in while living. We will not need hope, since all of our hearts desires will have been met. Since God is perfect love, then the only reality in heaven is and should be love. On Earth, we often feel detached and separated from that all-encompassing and unconditional form of love so we seek solace in the one way we have open to us another person. Once in heaven, all will be love and all will be one in God through Christ. So while I think those we loved in this life will hold a special place, it will be more of a community of love joyfully sharing in the best that exists in each of us. I can think of no more perfect completeness than the ultimate reunion which occurs when the soul returns happily home.

yes, Monica! That's what I was trying to say only you said it better!
Jul 25th 2013 new
I think many of us can't relate to the part about praising God and being so happy that it won't matter. It would matter, I think it does matter. I think we will have a special bond with those people and know those people when we get to heaven. I know it won't be like it was on earth but we will know those souls. It will be very different indeed but the closeness we had on earth will be even more fantastic when we see them in heaven. True, it won't be all about them and us. Our eyes will be opened to the big picture but I believe we will have those bonds still. Not marriage as we see it now but a deeper spiritual relationship. Like the previously mentioned analogy of the hamster, just because we are no longer in our cage, does not mean we forgot about the wheel and the water bottle. But the relationship we had for those things or for those people in this case, will be expanded beyond our comprehension,. Just my two cents.
Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: I think many of us can't relate to the part about praising God and being so happy that it won't matter. It would matter, I think it does matter. I think we will have a special bond with those people and know those people when we get to heaven. I know it won't be like it was on earth but we will know those souls. It will be very different indeed but the closeness we had on earth will be even more fantastic when we see them in heaven. True, it won't be all about them and us. Our eyes will be opened to the big picture but I believe we will have those bonds still. Not marriage as we see it now but a deeper spiritual relationship. Like the previously mentioned analogy of the hamster, just because we are no longer in our cage, does not mean we forgot about the wheel and the water bottle. But the relationship we had for those things or for those people in this case, will be expanded beyond our comprehension,. Just my two cents.
I can not quote a verse on this, but i do remember reading something , that all families will be reunited if they get to heaven. Everybody will be look like their 20's or 30's. Now I remember, I believe its the book " the boy who went heaven"
Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I know nobody has the exact real answer...but what is your opinion...??

to the widows/widowers that never married,,,,, will you be with your late spouse..??

To the divorced/annuled,,never married,,,will you have a forever Sweetheart in Heaven to spend Eternity with ..??
Will the widows/widowers who found a new spouse on Earth now have 2--3 ---or 4 spouses in Heaven..?

Will God in His un-imaginable mercy and love fix it so we are so so so so content..???

If widows/widowers and divorced people ,, do find new forever Sweethearts on Earth while alive,,,will we be with them in Heaven or with our original spouses....???

I do know and I will ask God to at least let me be in the same neighborhood,,( in Heaven ,,,) as our CM friend and fellow member Chris from Olathe,,,KS.....
I try to be funny at times and I fail and succeed,,but I do BOW to The Master Comedian,,,Chris..!!!!!..He is also the ( or one of the ) most intelligent people here with his feel for life....

So,,your thoughts,,??, if you die single on Earth,,,will you still be single in Heaven..??
No one is taking notes,,it is just a human opinion...
Love to All...
Yep. We will all be single in heaven... a single body of Christ! We are meant for divine union with God, and our life is a preparation for that. Dante's Paradiso gives a great image of what heaven will be like, or at least one of the best we have on earth!

As for those who were married, it's not that they will love their spouse less in heaven. They will actually love their spouse (and all the saints) in a much deeper and more intimate way than was ever possible here on earth...
Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-521814 said: At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife , deceased , and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err , not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry , nor are given in marriage , but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying , 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living . 33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine. 34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence , they were gathered together . 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying , 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it , Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 41 While the Pharisees were gathered together , Jesus asked them, 42 Saying , What think ye of Christ? whose son is he ? They say unto him, The Son of David. 43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying , 44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool ? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
I take this to mean just what it says we will be like the angels and such cares as marriage and singlesness will not apply in otherwards we will have moved on to a different plain of thinking. Maybe we will be able to love everyone as God does at that point and that's why earthly relationships will cease to be important. We still have our earthly loved ones around us and still love them as much but we will also love everyone else as well.
Jul 25th 2013 new

If your husband is in Heaven, he will have become what is called a saint.

We are taught that saints intercede with God for people who are still on Earth. You can trust, therefore, that your husband is praying to God for the welfare of yourself and of the children brought to life by the both of you. He has certainly not forgotten his wife and his children.

We are taught that all of Heaven rejoices when a single sinner repents. This means not only that saints know what is happening on Earth, they are also cheering like spectators at a sporting match for the team of people still alive on Earth to win against the rival team of the devil and his angels. Not only is he praying for you and your children, he is joyful when you please God and sad when you have a lapse.

As a frail and limited human, there will be times despite your love for your husband when thoughts of him will slip from your mind as you attend to other things, eg., when you are driving in busy traffic. Unlike you, your sainted husband will be vigorous, tireless and capable of near unlimited concentration and focus. Because of the Love that exists in heaven, Love being the imitation of how God chooses to behave towards himself and all components of his creation, youir husband, looking at what God is doing, will try to imitate God's own love for you. He won't be able to match it , of course, but, bound in his own love for God to try and love as God does, he will continue to love you and the children of the both of you fervently every moment of every day. He will, as a superior being, in fact, love you now more than you can love him in return. While that formal relationship between the two of you called a marriage is ended, the actual relationship of love without which the marriage is a sham, is continuing more strongly than ever before and, as a saint, he is supplying the greater part of it.

Truth is what is. You can't escape from what is and hope to be healthy in, at least, mind, if not also in body. So it needs to be acknowledged by you (which you are doing anyway) that, without his physical presence by your side, you are lonely. But, harder to feel even though just as true, is that he is, in imitation of Jesus as well as on his own initiative as a holy creature with free will, choosing to be spiritually with you --- and so you are not alone.

Perhaps when you remarry, he will make his spiritual presence recede from your new circumstances as the wife in a new marriage. Marriage (or remarriage), being a sacrament, is an announcement that the wife has entered a new spiritual union of two souls to which her sainted deceased husband cannot belong. Having followed the command to show special concern for the widow and orphan, which I suppose he has done by prayers of intercession, he is now free to let her go. And perhaps, like Rick watching Ilsa taking up a new life, he can say to his former guardian angel standing beside him: "Louis,

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

Jul 25th 2013 new
My deceased husband, the most sincerely Catholic man I've ever known, told me that marriage is what God gives us on earth so that we might have the opportunity to understand a little bit what heaven will be like. It offers the possibility to enjoy the love, the closensess and the joy of heaven if we treat it with the respect and priority He intended with one other person. Once we reach heaven, that pale that pale reflection of heave that can only be enjoyed with one person on earth will be enjoyed with all people in heaven
Jul 25th 2013 new
This is what I was taught in Theology class...

In order to answer it you need to understand what marriage/dating is and what Heaven is.
The purpose of dating is to find someone that you will eventually marry and spend the rest of your life with and purposes of marriage are conjugal love and procreation.

What is Heaven? Being in Heaven is being in complete communion with God. It is complete joy and peace and love. It is Complete because God is complete. Because it is complete, more people would not be necessary to add to it in order to make it more complete.

Because Heaven will be complete and no more souls would be necessary, there is no purpose for procreation in heaven. So, there will not be specific marriage between people. Because there isn't any need of marriage, dating is also unnecessary.
Everyone will be in communion with God and equally love one another. Heaven is being immersed in love. God is love, so you in heaven, you are fulfilled.

That one reason why religious do not get married; it is a glimpse of heaven. :)
Posts 21 - 30 of 60