Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 28th 2013 new
We have been taught that at the end of our lives it is just us and God as well as after since we were created to know, love, and serve God and upon Earth we will come to know and thus love God but can never fully serve him in adoration until in His presence in heaven. No, the friends and spouses who have left us for the after-life do not miss us. If we have prayed them out of purgatory, they may help pray us through that when we get there (if we get there) but they are intent on God, not us. Animals have lifetime souls, not eternal souls, so our pets will not be there either evidently but it is also important for us to make sure their lives are thus good here if we have taken them upon as a responsibility since this is their one chance at happiness and being what God wants of them. Cats should be allowed to mouse and eat meat, dogs to pack and protect, captive born birds to have a flock, fruits and veggies, nuts and security.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Well said Marie.

I also like what you said about the animals.

And on the "Keep Portland WEIRD" side, I had the displeasure of following a lady's car home on the freeway. Besides the bumper sticker on her car that read "Keep Portland WEIRD" (meaning pro Gay/Lesbian) she had another that said "Animals ARE people too". I kid you not! I had to concur, at least the passenger in that car had gone "weird" as in nuts.

People who think their dog(s) or cat(s) or whatever pet go to heaven with them definitely need some more in depth formation.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: People who think their dog(s) or cat(s) or whatever pet go to heaven with them definitely need some more in depth formation.

I am very sensitive to this subject John.....My late wife and I had no children and our dogs and cats were our children....
They were NOT PETS....

Please dont go technical on me...I know that biologically and spiritually pets are not created by God as He created humans,,,but EMOTIONALLY speaking.....,,,,,,I need/want,,,and maybe others do too,,,,to feel that God will take excellent care of our pets when they die and will re-unite them with us when we die....

Google ''' The Rainbow Bridge """ it is a beautiful poem about our pets waiting for us when we die and we all Cross The Rainbow Bridge together going to Heaven,,,,,,

In my human emotional thinking,,,if God is mercy and favor and grace,,,He will let me be with my pets when I die if He accepts me into Heaven....

Jul 28th 2013 new

From someone who believes the seat is not vacant .

www.americancatholic.org

From someone who believes that it is .

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com

Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

I am very sensitive to this subject John.....My late wife and I had no children and our dogs and cats were our children....
They were NOT PETS....

Please dont go technical on me...I know that biologically and spiritually pets are not created by God as He created humans,,,but EMOTIONALLY speaking.....,,,,,,I need/want,,,and maybe others do too,,,,to feel that God will take excellent care of our pets when they die and will re-unite them with us when we die....

Google ''' The Rainbow Bridge """ it is a beautiful poem about our pets waiting for us when we die and we all Cross The Rainbow Bridge together going to Heaven,,,,,,

In my human emotional thinking,,,if God is mercy and favor and grace,,,He will let me be with my pets when I die if He accepts me into Heaven....

Kenny,

Interesting piece of information.

Since your wife has passed and now you have one less person to provide for (for time being) would you now consider adoption of a child in need instead of a pet? I constantly get letters that tell me I can adapt a child for like $30 a month. How much money do you spend on pet food per month, if I may ask?

What do you say? Interested??? Maybe you could adapt two or three!!!

How did I do? I didn't go "technical" on you, but I really should. laughing
Jul 28th 2013 new
Forgive me Kenny, I was re-reading the rainbow bridge poem you directed me to and then your post again and now am just laughing... I don't have it in my heart any more to go technical...
Jul 28th 2013 new
Talking about being 'technical' ....

Normally, you 'adapt' a pet by sending it to a knacker. I hope this is not how you propose to 'adapt' those children, $30 a month for food, education and one-time pliers.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Talking about being 'technical' ....

Normally, you 'adapt' a pet by sending it to a knacker. I hope this is not how you propose to 'adapt' those children, $30 a month for food, education and one-time pliers.
Actually, I wasn't talking technical, but now that you are, what's a knacker? I am not familiar with technical terms from down under. Oh, never mind... laughing
Jul 28th 2013 new
A knacker is I believe a butcher or someone who processes animal carcasses.

I think your response to Kenny was somewhat insensitive and rude unless I read it wrong--sounds as though you are laughing at his response?

There is a religious--either a brother or a priest--who has written a couple of books on the subject entitled "Will I See My Dog (Cat) in Heaven?".
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: A knacker is I believe a butcher or someone who processes animal carcasses.

I think your response to Kenny was somewhat insensitive and rude unless I read it wrong--sounds as though you are laughing at his response?

There is a religious--either a brother or a priest--who has written a couple of books on the subject entitled "Will I See My Dog (Cat) in Heaven?".

Thank you Kerry for your kindness and support.....Be care ,,,I am pretty much ostracized here,,you don't want to be guily by association...

You and I are both widows/widowers......We know what it is like to love and sacrifice and treasure the relationship....
I wonder why that it appears that the most judgemental, unkind postings almost always come from the divorced/annuled people....Are they just bitter that they didn't have successful marriages...? I am not saying all the divorced/annuled people,,,but some are bitter that their marriages failed....Of course it is always the other spouse's fault...We need to pray for them and all people...

God made me with 57 flavors and I guess some people just like Vanilla....
I can't wait to see my wife and all my pets,,,,.When I cry and pray ,,which is often,,,this is what I pray for....I'm scrupulous enough..I don't need to be overly-extremely scrupulous too....
Posts 41 - 50 of 60