Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: In my book, the last one you made it plain should be the last one.

Don't reply to any more.

Not replying to subsequent ones is not uncharitable. The other party just needs to learn that a "no" means a "no". Now, on the other hand, when the Jehovah Witnesses come to my door, although I really want to tell them no, I instead invite them in saying: "Well, welcome folks, you've come at a good time! I was just going to start praying the Rosary. Please join me!!! We can talk about your stuff, after that." Guess what, they NEVER come back
John thanks~ I keep my rosary handy by my front door~ I'll try that the next time the JWs attack! rosary
Jul 25th 2013 new
Hi Marge! It might be too personal to answer. wink
Jul 25th 2013 new
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Jul 25th 2013 new
Esp. when you point out that all fifteen decades takes 45-60 minutes.
Jul 25th 2013 new

I've only gradiated 6th grad so I isn't too smartz,,but doesn't laughter have a place in all this human stuff.....????

If I want sadness continually,,I'll go to the Dentist and ask for the """"EXTRACTION Special"" every week...

I want to laugh and share laughter,,,,that is Charity when you can humble yourself to optimize funny and laughable experiences,,,better when shared with a Sweetbesart and then you have two comedians spreading joy and laughter,,and this gives a chance to MINISTER....

Boy,,I have a lot to learn...I need to take more depressed,,sadness classes.....I bet Jesus belly laughed with his friends...He was human and it is suppossed to be human to laugh and spread laughter...

Back to regular Hum Drum programming......and all that analytical non emotional philosophy....
Jul 26th 2013 new
Hi Kenny, I would love to see Jesus belly laugh with his friends, and also with you!...and

me!.. and my kids! and my parents! your wife! etc.

We all need to belly laugh and Pete and John helped tonight.

Thank you all.
Jul 26th 2013 new

Thank you Helen.....

If Heaven is not a fun ,,happy place,,then why should we strive to go there...???

Much here is so analytical,,negative,,sad,,and confusing....We need to change that,,,,but will they allow it...??
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I'm wondering what is it about the person to make one so sure that one is not interested.
Marge, it's not about the person... it's a decision.
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: John thanks~ I keep my rosary handy by my front door~ I'll try that the next time the JWs attack!
I am serious, it worked with every single JW couple or Mormon missionaries that showed up. The same ones never came back after that. But just in case they would take me up on it, I am also ready with the techniques to discuss our faith with them after the Rosary. That prep was a waste of time, so far.
Jul 26th 2013 new
I'm not sure I understand this comment, John.

Certainly, one person has made a decision and the other appears to not accept/respect that decision.

My point is, too many folks here "shoot from the hip" when making their decisions. They reject overtures without ever giving the stranger a fair hearing.

Seriously, unless a person's initial messages are grossly impolite, why would you immediately tell him/her "No"?
Posts 11 - 20 of 60