Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I have requested the day off on Friday so I can get an early start driving down to Charleston.

Otherwise this is a gratuitous bump so hopefully other people will notice and join us.
Zoom - you and I might be the only two CMers but there should be 1200-to-1500 other entrants. I had a good 8.4 mile run tonite and did 10.8 miles last Thursday. Will have a 13+ mile run by August 20.

My running guy friend from Lexington has been married over 53 years, he's 72, w/ 2 or 3 Boston Marathons. Friday evening at the Civic Center should be excellent.

Maybe some other CMers will join us ... entry fee increases on August 22, so for anyone wanting to save some $$$ ... enter now.
Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Zoom - you and I might be the only two CMers but there should be 1200-to-1500 other entrants. I had a good 8.4 mile run tonite and did 10.8 miles last Thursday. Will have a 13+ mile run by August 20.

My running guy friend from Lexington has been married over 53 years, he's 72, w/ 2 or 3 Boston Marathons. Friday evening at the Civic Center should be excellent.

Maybe some other CMers will join us ... entry fee increases on August 22, so for anyone wanting to save some $$$ ... enter now.
I hit the rail trail yesterday - covered 2.4 miles in 29:40.
Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I hit the rail trail yesterday - covered 2.4 miles in 29:40.
Not bad Zoom ... you're zooming.
Aug 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Not bad Zoom ... you're zooming.
In my previous 5K in 2000, I finished in 32:50. This is a bit shy of that pace, but it's been almost 13 years and I'm not as in good shape now as I was then. All things considered, I was very pleased and this gives me confidence for Charleston.
Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: In my previous 5K in 2000, I finished in 32:50. This is a bit shy of that pace, but it's been almost 13 years and I'm not as in good shape now as I was then. All things considered, I was very pleased and this gives me confidence for Charleston.
Keep training. I ran 8.8 miles today, and need to run at least 11 miles by this Sunday.

It's important to take off days also. You, and I, don't want to be "tired" from training race morning ... an error known to occur.
Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Keep training. I ran 8.8 miles today, and need to run at least 11 miles by this Sunday.

It's important to take off days also. You, and I, don't want to be "tired" from training race morning ... an error known to occur.
Yeah, I don't go every day, or even every other day. I might hit the trail tomorrow after work.
Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Yeah, I don't go every day, or even every other day. I might hit the trail tomorrow after work.
I'm going to Vigil Holyday tomorrow so might not run. Will mix some long runs w/ shorter ones including 8 high-intensity sprints. Will train well thru the 27th, short runs on the 28th & 29th, and drive to Charleston on the 30th.
Aug 14th 2013 new
Went out for a run after work. 2.1 miles in 25 minutes. Best pace to date, well under a 12 minute mile. BUT, I think I went too hard in the first mile and wore myself out. I got slower as I went on.

Next time, I want to try to go for at least 35 minutes, and not push myself so hard in the first mile. More leisurely pace.

Also want to call my local wheelchair maintenance shop -- see if I can get some new tires before the trip down to Charleston. Rolling Along
Aug 14th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Went out for a run after work. 2.1 miles in 25 minutes. Best pace to date, well under a 12 minute mile. BUT, I think I went too hard in the first mile and wore myself out. I got slower as I went on.

Next time, I want to try to go for at least 35 minutes, and not push myself so hard in the first mile. More leisurely pace.

Also want to call my local wheelchair maintenance shop -- see if I can get some new tires before the trip down to Charleston.
On my 8.8 miles yesterday, I also went out too fast, and wound-up slowing down in the middle, but was pleased that I finished strong.

A LOT of runners charge the first mile too fast. Gotta feeling you and I will get the first mile easier so we can finish strong. New tires will do wonders for you.

Tech meeting today, Vigil Holyday, and grocery shopping kept me from running, but should run the next 4 days.

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Zoom - you and I might be the only two CMers but there should be 1200-to-1500 other entrants. I had a good 8.4 mile run tonite and did 10.8 miles last Thursday. Will have a 13+ mile run by August 20.
Zoom - looks like we couldn't get any other CMers to join us. Entry fee increases on the 22nd, but I've noticed entries are increasing this week.

Ran 13.2 miles tonite, and could have run more, but it's time to wind-down. My Lexington guyfriend ran 14 miles on Sunday. He and I will now run a max of 9 miles at a time, thru the 27th, including sprints. Next week, from Sunday thru Tuesday or Wednesday, hope to run 5 or 6 miles max each day, w/ some sprints.

How's your training going?
Posts 11 - 20 of 29