Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Aug 27th 2013 new
Sorry for my late reply Bob. I got one more training in last night after work. Covered 2.5 miles in 31:40, got farther down the trail than I ever had previously. This gives me some confidence for Saturday. My goal is to finish in under 40 minutes.
Aug 27th 2013 new
Just contacted the Rolling Along repair shop. Apparently Jen, the lady in charge of tires, didn't get the message that I had called. But she is arranging for me to stop in Friday morning before I drive down to Charleston to get new tires.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Sorry for my late reply Bob. I got one more training in last night after work. Covered 2.5 miles in 31:40, got farther down the trail than I ever had previously. This gives me some confidence for Saturday. My goal is to finish in under 40 minutes.
Zoom - just checked total entries of 1,259.

Under 40 minutes is a good goal.

I've wound-down, but had a good 4.4 miles w/ incline sprints on Sunday. Hope to run an easy 4 or 5 miles this afternoon in high 80s. May run lightly tomorrow, and take off Thursday.

My Lexington friend and I plan to check-in around 3 pm Friday. We'll likely get our packets at 4:00 - 4:30 pm, and attend the Dinner at 5 pm. He's 72 so you should be able to spot us together, plus we'll be looking for you.

Revised forecast low race am has gone from 61 to 75 so we have a challenge. We'll be fine.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Just contacted the repair shop. Apparently Jen, the lady in charge of tires, didn't get the message that I had called. But she is arranging for me to stop in Friday morning before I drive down to Charleston to get new tires.
Go new tires Go. I see under 39 minutes now.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Go new tires Go. I see under 39 minutes now.
Zoom zoom zoom. Rolling Along laughing
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Zoom zoom zoom.
Ran at 3 pm today in the HEAT, got to 4.8 miles, and thought I don't need this punishment. Race conditions won't be as bad as 3 pm today.

Go Zoom Go.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Ran at 3 pm today in the HEAT, got to 4.8 miles, and thought I don't need this punishment. Race conditions won't be as bad as 3 pm today.

Go Zoom Go.
It was warm yesterday when I went out for my run, and I worked up a little bit of a sweat, but it wasn't unbearable. It helps that the rail trail is mostly shaded.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: It was warm yesterday when I went out for my run, and I worked up a little bit of a sweat, but it wasn't unbearable. It helps that the rail trail is mostly shaded.
Shade definitely helps. My training route has about 30% shade.
Aug 30th 2013 new

In Charleston, and we drove the mountain. Hills from 3-miles plus until 7-miles.

Will see Zoom, at Civic Center.

Posts 21 - 29 of 29