Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Aug 4th 2013 new
(Just clarifying Im not arguing for women priests--- see my comment way above when I gave the triangle analogy. I'm discussing the previous comment about hormonal swings itself)

Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Carrie-529869 said: I believe it is ridiculous-- to premise an idea that a whole institution that was started by Christ and run for 2000 years would base a decision of having women priests on hormonal imbalances, or that hormonal swings would be so severe that they would seriously harm the institutional church.

If the hormonal swings are that serious, then there is likely a progesterone deficiency which can be assisted by diet and natural progesterone.

I agree.
Of course women shouldn't be priests--but not because of some crass biological reason.
Women and men are different and have different roles.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: There's an even larger problem. The priest is the one who offers the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross in an unbloody fashion in persona Christi. To bring a creature (whether man, woman, child or animal) shedding blood into the sanctuary where the Holy Sacrifice is offered is a greatly grave offence in my estimation.
When men can bear babies naturally, women should be allowed to become priests.

Somewhat of a silly statement pointing to a larger truth. Women are called to one of the highest roles available to a human being. In some ways, not in all ways, superior to that of being a priest. A man can not rationally aspire to that role.

After a child is born, it is possible, with great difficulty, for a man to be a substitute mother but not in all the ways a woman can be.

Just a thought.

Aug 5th 2013 new
The only person that was even close was Chelsea. What I wanted was for you to look outside the box. Most of you still missed the point of what I was trying to say. Women priest; this has nothing to do with the process of PMS, Lets say you are very moody because of this, you are in a confessional which is sacred, this person confessed these sins
(whoever) could you as women priest offer absolution in accordance with the teachings of the church, or would you go for the jugular vein because you become upset and take offense personally because of the cheating?
I can take the verbal attack because I asked for it. The point remaining is, CAN YOU DO IT, YES OR NO. That is all I wanted to know, very simple. Men and Women have certain defined rolls in the church per the Bible. Yes Chelsea you were close.
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: Women priest; this has nothing to do with the process of PMS, Lets say you are very moody because of this, you are in a confessional which is sacred, this person confessed these sins
(whoever) could you as women priest offer absolution in accordance with the teachings of the church, or would you go for the jugular vein because you become upset and take offense personally because of the cheating?
I would agree that your revised question above has nothing toi to with PMS, but it important to note that the revised post is substantially different that how you originally presented it:
"People have suggested women priests: Here is thought, and I AM SORRY TO ALL WOMEN AHEAD OF TIME. Most people understand the monthly cycle of women....".

As stated earlier by me, I have had days where my judgement has been clouded well beyond that of my 8 sisters, 4 sisters-in-law, mother and numerous nieces. No, I am not nor ever will be close to them in the way a married man is close to his wife - yet I think that using them as a basis for my answer IS thinking out of the box, for my guess is - a close-knit family of 13, although not heard of is not common place.

So using the 13+ females (including my nieces) that are all very close to me (daily contact with many of them), as the basis for me thinking outside of the box - If any of them were to be ordained a priest within the Catholic church and within eery single one of them that their judgement would not be clouded.

So in your greatly simplified question from the original - "CAN YOU DO IT, YES OR NO" - YES they CAN - I would put as much trust in them as ANY ordained Priest that I know.

Aug 5th 2013 new
I see what you're saying, Paul. It's impossible to view the human person as divided from his sex...and sex defines specific natural roles and capacities. While substitutions can be made in nature in extraordinary circumstances, like a widowed man caring for his infant, or even a dog nursing kittens, that can't be said of that which is ordered and instituted specifically in the supernatural, such as the priesthood: women cannot substitute for men.
Nov 26th 2013 new
Chelsea, You stated it accurately ! Today's heretics are in abundance and confuse many. Keep up your excellent answers !
Nov 26th 2013 new
Pamela, You have my vote ! theheart
Nov 26th 2013 new
Clarified very well ! theheart
Nov 26th 2013 new
Rather than seeking a multitude of alternatives and almost willing a declining presthood why not try praying for more priests? I know of a Parish that started a Holy Hour to pray for priests and that Parish itself was blessed with a new very good priest.
Posts 91 - 100 of 119