Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 31st 2013 new
Bernard, great thread!

I loved reading all the quotes people have posted!

One of my favorites:
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Aug 1st 2013 new
The scripture passage, Luke 5:17-20 reminds me of the importance of praying for others:

One day as Jesus was teaching, Pharisees* and teachers of the law were sitting there who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and Jerusalem, and the power of the Lord was with him for healing. And some men brought on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed; they were trying to bring him in and set [him] in his presence. But not finding a way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on the stretcher through the tiles* into the middle in front of Jesus. When he saw their faith, he said, As for you, your sins are forgiven.
Aug 1st 2013 new
You do not have the long skinny mustache I look for in a master. pirate

Aug 1st 2013 new
"As soon as someone is identified as an unsung hero, he no longer is."

George Carlin
Aug 1st 2013 new
"I am writing to all of the Churches and I enjoin all, that I am dying willingly for God's sake, if only you do not prevent it. I beg you, do not do me an untimely kindness. Allow me to be eaten by the beasts, which are my way of reaching to God. I am God's wheat, and I am to be ground by the teeth of wild beasts, so that I may become the pure bread of Christ". ~Ignatius of Antioch, letter to the Romans
Aug 1st 2013 new

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried".
Aug 1st 2013 new

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

Aug 1st 2013 new

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Winston Churchill
Aug 1st 2013 new
Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the True Church of Jesus Christ

-St. Athanasius
Letter of St. Athanasius
Aug 1st 2013 new
'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ That a man should have to seek Him first, to find her.' ~ Maya Angelou

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." ~ Anonymous

"I have a mustard seed; and I'm not afraid to use it!"
~Joseph Ratzinger: Salt of the Earth
(Pope Benedict XVI)
Posts 31 - 40 of 74