Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Aug 2nd 2013 new
It's a poor heart that never rejoices
~Dorothy L Sayers
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Thomas Merton...

Indeed, the truth that many people never understand, until it is too late, is that the more you try to avoid suffering, the more you suffer, because smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you, in proportion to your fear of being hurt. The one who does most to avoid suffering is, in the end, the one who suffers the most: and his suffering comes to him from things so little and so trivial that one can say that it is no longer objective at all. It is his own existence, his own being, that is at once the subject and the source of his pain, and his very existence and consciousness is his greatest torture.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Don't ever do anything once that you're not willing to do for the rest of your life.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
"Let your conscience be your guide" my father!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
If a man smiles all the time, hes probably selling something that doesnt work.
George Carlin
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Don't ever do anything once that you're not willing to do for the rest of your life.
Dave, in line with your statement....my mother said of men and marriage that when you do it once, it will become our job! She was referring to mowing the lawn, painting etc...just so you know!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
"Oh, Lizzy! do anything rather than marry without affection."
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Aug 2nd 2013 new
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe
Aug 2nd 2013 new
"Gotta keep on.....keeping on" (don't know who originally authored the phrase but my Father used it often...and it is indelibly imprinted in my heart)
Posts 51 - 60 of 74