Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said:
Photos consisting of mirror selfies
Right on. Also, Guys, why do you post pics of yourself with another woman? If its a relative ... ok... make sure you note that. Otherwise it's a total turn off rolling eyes

Aug 3rd 2013 new
Agreed!
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) David-978346 said:

1. You dont have a photo. Sorry if its shallow, but I want to know what you look like before I express interest. Now, if you have a profile that opens with a combination Calvin-Coolidge-Godzilla-Thomas-Aquinas joke, then Ill let the lack of a profile pic slide. The trouble is, without a profile photo I probably wont see it. Please, find a camera and use it; it shouldnt be that hard!

2. You have a photo, but I still have no idea what you look like. Giant sunglasses, pretty scenery, body-paint, ski-masks, and so on all have their place. Their place is not a profile picture on a dating site! Again, I want to know what you look like, not where you vacationed last fall. Im not looking for a date with Mt. Rainier. By all means have pictures showing the fact that youre into African Ceremonial Masks on your profile, but please have at least one photo that shows your undisguised face.

3. If your about me consists of about three sentences. I know, you want to be humble and talking about yourself feels weird. Believe me, I feel the same way. But look; I want to have some idea what kind of person you are before I decide to contact you. A single paragraph of which the only relevant information is Im nice and you can message me doesnt help much. Come on; this is one of the only times you can legitimately show off and talk about yourself without fear of being prideful. Go nuts!

4. If your three-sentence about me consists largely of any of the following information: Your name (I see it right up there under your picture), the fact that you are Catholic (its called CatholicMatch.com. Im going to assume youre Catholic unless you say otherwise, especially since I can also see the I accept all Church teachings icon right below your name), and/or the fact that you love your family (Im happy to hear it, but that doesnt tell me much about you). None of these things are bad to have, but if you have them youd better also have information on your interests, passions, dreams, personality, and so on. I.E. the stuff that isnt already assumed and that might give me an idea of what kind of person you are.

If you clear these hurdles, then were in good old fashioned any common interests/anything that really grabs me? territory.

Im not posting these to be mean or to make fun of anything, but because I really want all my Christian sisters to find the men they deserve and I worry that things like the above are probably hindering you in that regard, so I wanted you to see how things look from the masculine side of the equation. Hope this helps, and feel free to make your own lists!

1. He has that he is interested in a religious vocation on his profile, from experience on this website it's not interest in becoming a permanent deacon, which would be absolutely fine with me.

2. He is not willing to relocate.

3. He is not a practicing Catholic, which means he does not at least go to church weekly.

4. He messages me even though he is twenty years my senior.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
I agree Christina - believe it or not - I've had guys 20 years MY senior message me too! Not interested!
I also agree that if he doesn't go to Mass at least weekly - Not interested!
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Brenda-731971 said: Right on. Also, Guys, why do you post pics of yourself with another woman? If its a relative ... ok... make sure you note that. Otherwise it's a total turn off

And, if you've ever gone to Hooters, and you've taken a picture with a couple of the waitresses from there....don't include THAT photo in your scrapbook. eyepopping sigh rolling eyes (and yes, I've seen that on here laughing)

(My thought was....dude...really?!)
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) David-978346 said:

1. You dont have a photo. Sorry if its shallow, but I want to know what you look like before I express interest. Now, if you have a profile that opens with a combination Calvin-Coolidge-Godzilla-Thomas-Aquinas joke, then Ill let the lack of a profile pic slide. The trouble is, without a profile photo I probably wont see it. Please, find a camera and use it; it shouldnt be that hard!

I'll lose interest if...

1. Their treasure is how much money they make, fancy things they have, looks, cool people they know rather than seeking God as their treasure.
2. They are not interested in me, they don't like me per se, nor is interested in getting to know me - but like the attention that I give them and our interaction - text, phone call, face to face...
3. Talk is cheap. Words are empty. Walk the talk.
4. They call when it's convenient for them because I'm last in the queue of their "schedule". They're mindful of their own time but not mine. But homeboy, because I like you, and it's my bad, I sit here and wait until you are available ( I need to work on that). When I find myself having to work around their schedule and accommodating to their schedule rather than be a mutual respect for each other's time, then I lose interest.
5. I only hear from you because I texted you or you missed a call from me.
6. Jibby jabby, wishy-washy, flip-floppy - can't make up my mind about me. You're either in or out. Reject me, I can handle it. I will move on. Don't hold on to me because someone out there is my boyfriend/fiance'/husband waiting to meet me.

...that's all i can think of for now...I need coffee laughing

Aug 3rd 2013 new
ok i know that thread title is Four Things..and I put 6 hehehe, ooops.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
I'm curious, is Secret your real name? How did the priest baptize you?
Aug 3rd 2013 new
I'll second Trisha on this one - smile! I don't mean a pose, but a genuine smile.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Christina-987465 said: 1. He has that he is interested in a religious vocation on his profile, from experience on this website it's not interest in becoming a permanent deacon, which would be absolutely fine with me.

2. He is not willing to relocate.

3. He is not a practicing Catholic, which means he does not at least go to church weekly.

4. He messages me even though he is twenty years my senior.
I wanted to include your #4. "He messages me even though he is twenty years my senior", instead of my #3, "He doesn't included photos of his kids", but I was afraid to offend. I have found that old men messaging younger women is a sensitive issue on CM and they feel they have every right to do whatever they please, even when it is obviously awkward.
In regards to the "photos" of kids. In today's world of social media, all you have to do is google a person's name and a photo will appear, even your kids photos, so you aren't "protecting" them by not posting their photo on your CM profile. And I agree that men who DO post photos of their kids may not be any better of a person than men who don't. I didn't say it was a "deal breaker"....I just said I would lose interest. THere seems to be a lot of complaints about the types of photos others post on their profile and I was just addressing that aspect of the original post. I should have included my original thought, which was Christina's #4. It is definitely more where my thoughts are in regards to why I would lose interest.
Posts 21 - 30 of 77