Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 03 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I wanted to include your #4. "He messages me even though he is twenty years my senior", instead of my #3, "He doesn't included photos of his kids", but I was afraid to offend. I have found that old men messaging younger women is a sensitive issue on CM and they feel they have every right to do whatever they please, even when it is obviously awkward.
In regards to the "photos" of kids. In today's world of social media, all you have to do is google a person's name and a photo will appear, even your kids photos, so you aren't "protecting" them by not posting their photo on your CM profile. And I agree that men who DO post photos of their kids may not be any better of a person than men who don't. I didn't say it was a "deal breaker"....I just said I would lose interest. THere seems to be a lot of complaints about the types of photos others post on their profile and I was just addressing that aspect of the original post. I should have included my original thought, which was Christina's #4. It is definitely more where my thoughts are in regards to why I would lose interest.
I would suggest that if a person 20 years older than you is a turn off for you, you should indicate that in your profile.
That is perfectly legitimate and a preference choice that is yours and yours alone.

Now personally I know that I COULD be interested in someone 20 years younger. But note, I said could be not necessarily would be or am especially looking for someone 20 years younger. Therefore, I understand and have no obection nor wouldI think less of any women who says either in general or to me in particular that they are not interested in me because of my age.
Aug 03 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said: This is all excellent! Though, I must tip my hat by way of the comment on.random UB's (unexplained babies)...nobody wants one of those!

I will add that I lose interest when....
I read an "My Ideal Partner" that is just one sentence basically saying, some variation of "she must be physically attractive, oh and uh, nice too...ya know whatever" No bueno.Conversely, a too exhaustive, detailed and indexed list in "My Ideal." Even the Litany of the Saints is only a selected list.Photos consisting of mirror selfies you know it took all his self-control to snap without taking his shirt off, yet he manages to still flex and ripple. Ew. Car selfies as profile or album photos . I'm just asking where are the priorities people? Cars don't kill people, people taking snapshots of themselves while driving two tons of death metal in busy roadways so that they can score a date kill people. Just sayin' I hope you're pulling over.In Christ,
Leyden
This is so funny!!!
Aug 03 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I have found that old men messaging younger women is a sensitive issue on CM and they feel they have every right to do whatever they please, even when it is obviously awkward.

There are some people who ARE interested in getting to know those who are significantly older and/or younger. How is the other person to know you aren't unless you indicate this in your profile?

Aug 03 new
1. Not free to marry.
2. No Pictures - This one I can never figure out but is a Big Pet peeve to me and it bothers me that they don't have a picture and ya wonder what they are trying to hide from or from whom? ugh. Or they say something lame like I am a public figure and I can't have my photo posted - geeze - seriously. Then pay for someone to find you a date, but in all reality that one has to be used WAY TOO often in my experience and there is USUALLY a REASON!
3. Distance.
4. Not around my age.

Plain and simple biggrin
Aug 03 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said:
2. No Pictures - This one I can never figure out but is a Big Pet peeve to me and it bothers me that they don't have a picture and ya wonder what they are trying to hide from or from whom? ugh. Or they say something lame like I am a public figure and I can't have my photo posted - geeze - seriously. Then pay for someone to find you a date, but in all reality that one has to be used WAY TOO often in my experience and there is USUALLY a REASON!

Plain and simple
If you feel you need to see a picture to evaluate a person's profile, can you not skip over those that don't have one? If fact, the search function allows you to specify that a photo is required. Not posting a profile photo is just as much a matter of personal choice as the desire to see one. Freedom works both ways.

Aug 03 new
Not willing to relocate. That pretty much is a deal breaker for anything other than friendship as i am also not willing to move more than an hour or two away.
Not having a photo doesn't really bother me, I understand there are several reasons for this. But not having enough words on the page is a turn off, guys! Who ARE you? Why would I be interested? What are your hobbies? What do you do with your free time? What is important to you? I know you might hate talking about yourself and it can be painful but you do have something to offer! Share it with us!
Not free to marry doesn't bother me either. Again, there could be many reasons why. But what about the interview questions? Where are those? Come on, you know you can write your own don't you? Take a look at mine, I think mine are pretty cool if I do say so myself. wink
The Temperament test... I'm not sure how accurate it is but take it! It's fun. And for goodness sake.. post on the forum so we can get to know you better!
Aug 03 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: If you feel you need to see a picture to evaluate a person's profile, can you not skip over those that don't have one? If fact, the search function allows you to specify that a photo is required. Not posting a profile photo is just as much a matter of personal choice as the desire to see one. Freedom works both ways.

Yes Jerry, and thank you. I do skip over no photos always. It is usually when someone makes contact with me through email or wants to chat I ask why no photo, and I always get some lame excuse. It just feels fishy to me is all:)

Have a good one Jerry:)
Aug 03 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: It is usually when someone makes contact with me through email or wants to chat I ask why no photo, and I always get some lame excuse. It just feels fishy to me is all:)

Yeah? Go figure... rolling eyes
Aug 03 new
(quote) Steve-111719 said: Well put, David! Not only are those informative, but humorous as well. 20-something CM ladies, he has a sense of humor and he's here at CM.

I might add that a lady might want to elaborate a little in her profile, especially in the interests area. Can't tell you how many profiles I've read that say only "I like dramas and comedies." Well, that certainly narrows it down. Maybe you could list some specific examples. I was drawn to one CM lady's profile because one of her favorite movies was one of mine as well. We definitely bonded over that movie and some of our other common interests. Ladies that don't include examples in their profile don't give us guys much to work with, especially when sending that first contact e-mail. If you put in a tiny bit of extra effort in writing your profile, ladies, it might just pay off.

God Bless,
Steve
Thanks for the good suggestions. I am specific to some extent in my profile and will look at adding a little more specific information if I can.
Aug 03 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: Not willing to relocate. That pretty much is a deal breaker for anything other than friendship as i am also not willing to move more than an hour or two away.
Not having a photo doesn't really bother me, I understand there are several reasons for this. But not having enough words on the page is a turn off, guys! Who ARE you? Why would I be interested? What are your hobbies? What do you do with your free time? What is important to you? I know you might hate talking about yourself and it can be painful but you do have something to offer! Share it with us!
Not free to marry doesn't bother me either. Again, there could be many reasons why. But what about the interview questions? Where are those? Come on, you know you can write your own don't you? Take a look at mine, I think mine are pretty cool if I do say so myself.
The Temperament test... I'm not sure how accurate it is but take it! It's fun. And for goodness sake.. post on the forum so we can get to know you better!
I think my interview questions are very cool too. I will check yours out Mary. flower
Posts 31 - 40 of 77