Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 03 new
Just checked yours out Marian. You do have some very good questions! i think we all need to put more into those questions and not just pick ones already listed. Be creative and let your personality shine through! :)
Aug 04 new
Speaking of photos, that mug shot from last year doesn't bring out your best features. I lose interest VERY quickly after viewing the mug shot.
Aug 04 new
Ski mask? either she is really camera shy or very tongue-in-cheek. laughing laughing laughing

Great post, David!
Aug 04 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: I think my interview questions are very cool too. I will check yours out Mary.
Hey Marian! The CM suggestion message says I need to "update" my interview questions. I don't know why. Do you think they just want us to put some "fresh" questions on it at times? I never forget how long some people's interview questions could get on this sight. I, personally have just given out my own "interviews" for guys I'm dating & trying to get to know better. But, back to the "drawing board" if I need to come up w/ new ones! wave
Aug 04 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: There are some people who ARE interested in getting to know those who are significantly older and/or younger. How is the other person to know you aren't unless you indicate this in your profile?

Point well-taken Jerry! I guess I need to be more clear on my profile, too in what I'm seeking. I guess us women become afraid to be "bold" at what specifically we're looking for.
Aug 05 new
(quote) David-978346 said:

1. You dont have a photo. Sorry if its shallow, but I want to know what you look like before I express interest. Now, if you have a profile that opens with a combination Calvin-Coolidge-Godzilla-Thomas-Aquinas joke, then Ill let the lack of a profile pic slide. The trouble is, without a profile photo I probably wont see it. Please, find a camera and use it; it shouldnt be that hard!

2. You have a photo, but I still have no idea what you look like. Giant sunglasses, pretty scenery, body-paint, ski-masks, and so on all have their place. Their place is not a profile picture on a dating site! Again, I want to know what you look like, not where you vacationed last fall. Im not looking for a date with Mt. Rainier. By all means have pictures showing the fact that youre into African Ceremonial Masks on your profile, but please have at least one photo that shows your undisguised face.

3. If your about me consists of about three sentences. I know, you want to be humble and talking about yourself feels weird. Believe me, I feel the same way. But look; I want to have some idea what kind of person you are before I decide to contact you. A single paragraph of which the only relevant information is Im nice and you can message me doesnt help much. Come on; this is one of the only times you can legitimately show off and talk about yourself without fear of being prideful. Go nuts!

4. If your three-sentence about me consists largely of any of the following information: Your name (I see it right up there under your picture), the fact that you are Catholic (its called CatholicMatch.com. Im going to assume youre Catholic unless you say otherwise, especially since I can also see the I accept all Church teachings icon right below your name), and/or the fact that you love your family (Im happy to hear it, but that doesnt tell me much about you). None of these things are bad to have, but if you have them youd better also have information on your interests, passions, dreams, personality, and so on. I.E. the stuff that isnt already assumed and that might give me an idea of what kind of person you are.

If you clear these hurdles, then were in good old fashioned any common interests/anything that really grabs me? territory.

Im not posting these to be mean or to make fun of anything, but because I really want all my Christian sisters to find the men they deserve and I worry that things like the above are probably hindering you in that regard, so I wanted you to see how things look from the masculine side of the equation. Hope this helps, and feel free to make your own lists!

Put down your hobby and zip code and go to http://www.meetup.com

Aug 06 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: Put down your hobby and zip code and go to www.meetup.com

Oh boy, Jim! A free public service announcement for this other web site. Wonder how many will go & check it out? wink

Aug 06 new
biggrin biggrin Thanks Jim - I just signed up!
Aug 06 new
Amen amen I say to you.....
Aug 06 new
#3 interesting........ But wheres the outrage??? Amen!!
Posts 41 - 50 of 77