Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 10 new
(quote) Julie-362086 said: haha...that's right Paul.
I think there may be a smaller window of time for blissful union with that kind of age difference.
I know of a couple 20 years apart. They met while she was in her 40's and he in his 60's
She is 63 now and he is in his mid-eighties.
He is requiring more care while she is
still young-feeling and active.

I think you make a very good point, Julie. Personally though, I see the tremendous age difference of Mary and Joseph and have a hard time seeing a 20 year difference in a couple who are both beyond mid-life as awkward or unsuited or what have you. Your friends have been together two happy decades (a long time considering when they started). I don't think there would be anything less than perfect because of that. So one dies before the other, so what. We celebrate their transition to Heaven. Widows outlive their husbands by decades all the time even when they were the exact same age.
In general, I think people tend to compartmentalize things in their minds too much (perhaps as a result of the industrial revolution? Its influence did in fact change school to where everyone of the exact same age is in the same grade. I'm not sure the reason though).
Aug 10 new
I'm not sure the reason *that we compartmentalize things in our minds.
Oct 11 new
An extension of number 4: I will also lose interest if your three-sentence about me is largely or entirely dedicated to:

-A Bible Quote. We all love the Word of God here, but St. Paul's description of love doesn't tell me very much about YOU. Roughly a billion people over the past 2000 years have read and been inspired by Scripture; the fact that you're one of them doesn't do much to narrow down your personality or interests.

Besides which, there's an entire separate section of the profile dedicated to Bible quotes!

-Your dog, cat, or other pet. Love pets, glad you love your pet, but I'm not looking for a date with your dog. By all means, include the fact that you love your dog, but if 90% of your introduction is about what kind of dog you own and how much you love it, I'll be forced to conclude that the fact that you own a dog is the most interesting thing about you.

-Angry complaints about men/society these days. Yeah, the culture's toxic and there's a dearth of good men out there, but if you open with pointing this out and spend more time complaining about society and gutless men then in talking about yourself you just kind of come across as angry and unpleasant.
Oct 23 new
This entertains me =) thanks!
Oct 23 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Four Reasons Why I will Lose Interest:

1) You are not 7/7

2) You say you have children but there are no photos of your children.

3) You are divorced but not annulled

4) You are looking for your "soul mate" or that "one in a million"
One note, gentlemen:

I am 7/7, I am annulled, and I am looking for a good man with a good soul. I have much to offer to the right man, and a profile that will give you a laugh and a running start if you have a desire to learn more. However, I do have children, and there will never be pictures of them here. You'll just have to trust me that they are beautiful, funny, and intelligent kids, because you're going to have to do more than read my profile to earn a peek. I feel it's very important to protect them, and any chance that they would be used, even to my advantage, as advertising, is unacceptable to me.
Oct 31 new
David,

I believe I know what you're meaning.
Oct 31 new
I agree with Wendy 100% ; all we initially need to know is if a CM member has children ; their ages , and their gender; at this point visual images of childen are not necessary
Posts 71 - 77 of 77