Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: I agree that breaking it down month to month is appealing. Does this mean a person would have to agree to a six month period or could the person just pay month to month?
It would still be a 6 month subscription but would just be charged at 8.99 a month instead of 49.95 as a single payment.
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: I agree! I abhor month-by-month nickel-diming schemes without other options. But do ADD that option for those who it may better serve. In today's "electronic world" additional options should not represent a big challenge beyond the initial setup and programming.
There is not "scheme" it is simply breaking up the payment into 6 smaller ones. As simple as it sounds it is not simply about programming, it is also ongoing maintenance. Most users have no idea how complicated a site like CatholicMatch is especially for as small of a staff as we have.
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: What would the monthly credit card fee be?
No specific fee it is just that paying 8.99 a month would be a little more than the 49.95 amount because we have to pay the credit card companies every time we charge a credit card. So in this case we would be paying 6 times rather than 1. 8.99 x 6 months = 53.94 or 49.95 in a lump sum. Not sure if we will offer both options but if we did, that would be the choice. However just like our site works now if you cancelled your subscription then you would not be eligible for the discounted pricing or the 8.99 per month payment plan.
Aug 1st 2013 new
good idea
it would be nice to retain the option of paying for 6 months at a time
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: It would still be a 6 month subscription but would just be charged at 8.99 a month instead of 49.95 as a single payment.
I am fine with either option, I will tell you this much, the 6 month option would be nice if we could have it billed as the 6 month option when we want it and just monthly other times.

I will give you an example, I think for most of us we could bite the bullet on the 6 month cost easier during the early spring months like April and May or October and November in the fall since some of us do not have to run heat or AC during those months. I know my electric bill is much lower during those months and I would rather be billed the lump 6 month sum during those periods.

Brian if you could contact me there is something that I wanted you to address with your bloggers for a blog on here
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) John-34848 said: good idea
it would be nice to retain the option of paying for 6 months at a time
Go for 6-months at a time.
Aug 1st 2013 new
No, I do not like this idea because it would cost more in the long run. I've had a modest income all my life and have learned to spend money very carefully. Usually that means paying cash and paying for something in one lump sum rather than "easy monthly payments". This is especially true for bills that include a service charge and/or interest. If people would calculate how much money they spend for these "easy payments" they would be shocked. If you want to help people afford CM, offer either way to pay. We are all different and what works for one will not work for another but thanks for trying to be helpful.
Aug 1st 2013 new
Mark - For those of us who are homeowners the month of November means a property tax bill - in my case over $3000. I don't need more expenses in the fall. Plus Christmas is rapidly approaching.
Aug 1st 2013 new
Thank you Brian for letting us give our opinion! I think this is a great option! Actually, just what I'm looking for! My subscription ends mid August & I was thinking of taking a break from CM due to the fact I can't pay the lump sum at this time. God Bless!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: We are always looking for way to help make CatholicMatch as affordable and good a value as we can. One of the ideas that we are considering is that after someone would sign-up for their initial 6 month subscription (this would only be available for this length) that instead of of having to pay a renewal fee of 49.95 for the next six months they would actually just pay 8.99 per month for the next six months. Which comes out to about $3 more only because we will have higher credit card fees from charging the card 6 times instead of one. Now in order to get that pricing you would have to agree to to your card being charged for six months at 8.99 but this way you would not have to pay the lump sum of 49.95 which is a lot of money for some people all at once.

Does this interest anyone? Pros? Cons?

Initially we would try something like this as a test for limited customers and see how it would work and then if it was well received roll the option out to everyone.

In order to get the most effective feed back please keep the discussion on this narrow topic and not in other areas of subscriptions or site features.

Thanks for you help.
Are FIRST time "Unpaid" /active members offered the price of $49.95 for 6months?
Posts 11 - 20 of 42