Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: Are FIRST time "Unpaid" /active members offered the price of $49.95 for 6months?
This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
Once you were considering a Senior discount---I like that one!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Hi I preferably like the idea of doing small payments per month eather than the lump sum amount of just one payment. It just seems more appealing.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Just making a brain storm, is it really so difficult to give the members that want to renew, the two options? That way you will have a really production answer. Just my two cents.

As far as I see it, a short monthly charge will be a nice option
Aug 4th 2013 new
Yes, it is a good choice.
Aug 4th 2013 new
scratchchin rose I would like to be able if need so to be given an option.
Aug 4th 2013 new
I think offering this option as well as the lump sum option would be good. That way it will help out those who don't mind paying a little extra for a monthly option out while at the same time allowing those who want to pay it in a lump sum to save some money.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
I think a site like "CATHOLIC Match" would give its members either option.

I understand that the proposed method might make the cost more manageable for some members, but I don't like the idea that people are paying more for something in the end. The current payment plan costs me $50.00 after six months; the proposed plan will cost me $54.00 after the same six months.

I think if people were to take $8.99 a month and put it aside, they can pay for the six month plan in a single payment and then keep the $4.00 that they didn't give to Catholic Match.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: There is not "scheme" it is simply breaking up the payment into 6 smaller ones. As simple as it sounds it is not simply about programming, it is also ongoing maintenance. Most users have no idea how complicated a site like CatholicMatch is especially for as small of a staff as we have.
Brian, my apology. I got interrupted as I was just initiating my thoughts in print, and hit Submit instead of Cancel.

I do understand how complicated you're support challenge is, I have worked over 25 years in computing, at times doing literally EVERYTHING as I was sole support for isolated infrastructures serving very sensitive data and operations. That said, and having read about your support team - you do an excellent job with this site. I have even considered offering to assist, but it is a few years now that I've been away from web/browser based development (both with Java and ASP/.Net environs), and my recent career shift has removed me from that realm excepting some database and security activity and support.

While I do dislike the 'easy monthly payments' schemes which are typical a marketing ploy that treats potential customers as fools - I did not mean to accuse THIS proposal as being such.

I am one who carefully plans expenditures, and enjoys having several months go by with a zero balance on my credit card. So having a 'bulk' payment option is much more attractive to me. I understand your commendable intent to offer something more palatable to those members with financial challenges, and I do hope you are able to find a reasonable way to offer both options. Godspeed, and Thank You for allowing the members to chime in on your deliberations.
Aug 4th 2013 new
William and Carlos; please note that the extra is not really revenue to CM, but would go to pay the fees involved in processing credit card transactions which can be as much as 2-3 percent of the transaction amount. Because of this, some universities now refuse to accept payments by VISA.
Posts 21 - 30 of 42