Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 02 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: Are FIRST time "Unpaid" /active members offered the price of $49.95 for 6months?
This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
Aug 02 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
Once you were considering a Senior discount---I like that one!
Aug 02 new
Hi I preferably like the idea of doing small payments per month eather than the lump sum amount of just one payment. It just seems more appealing.
Aug 02 new
Just making a brain storm, is it really so difficult to give the members that want to renew, the two options? That way you will have a really production answer. Just my two cents.

As far as I see it, a short monthly charge will be a nice option
Aug 04 new
Yes, it is a good choice.
Aug 04 new
scratchchin rose I would like to be able if need so to be given an option.
Aug 04 new
I think offering this option as well as the lump sum option would be good. That way it will help out those who don't mind paying a little extra for a monthly option out while at the same time allowing those who want to pay it in a lump sum to save some money.
Aug 04 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: This is for renewal pricing only. Like I mentioned we are just looking at different options to make things more affordable. We will likely test a few options but I wanted to get some feedback before deciding what to test.
I think a site like "CATHOLIC Match" would give its members either option.

I understand that the proposed method might make the cost more manageable for some members, but I don't like the idea that people are paying more for something in the end. The current payment plan costs me $50.00 after six months; the proposed plan will cost me $54.00 after the same six months.

I think if people were to take $8.99 a month and put it aside, they can pay for the six month plan in a single payment and then keep the $4.00 that they didn't give to Catholic Match.
Aug 04 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: There is not "scheme" it is simply breaking up the payment into 6 smaller ones. As simple as it sounds it is not simply about programming, it is also ongoing maintenance. Most users have no idea how complicated a site like CatholicMatch is especially for as small of a staff as we have.
Brian, my apology. I got interrupted as I was just initiating my thoughts in print, and hit Submit instead of Cancel.

I do understand how complicated you're support challenge is, I have worked over 25 years in computing, at times doing literally EVERYTHING as I was sole support for isolated infrastructures serving very sensitive data and operations. That said, and having read about your support team - you do an excellent job with this site. I have even considered offering to assist, but it is a few years now that I've been away from web/browser based development (both with Java and ASP/.Net environs), and my recent career shift has removed me from that realm excepting some database and security activity and support.

While I do dislike the 'easy monthly payments' schemes which are typical a marketing ploy that treats potential customers as fools - I did not mean to accuse THIS proposal as being such.

I am one who carefully plans expenditures, and enjoys having several months go by with a zero balance on my credit card. So having a 'bulk' payment option is much more attractive to me. I understand your commendable intent to offer something more palatable to those members with financial challenges, and I do hope you are able to find a reasonable way to offer both options. Godspeed, and Thank You for allowing the members to chime in on your deliberations.
Aug 04 new
William and Carlos; please note that the extra is not really revenue to CM, but would go to pay the fees involved in processing credit card transactions which can be as much as 2-3 percent of the transaction amount. Because of this, some universities now refuse to accept payments by VISA.
Posts 21 - 30 of 42