Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 4th 2013 new
I would prefer being able to keep the original option of paying for 6 months at one time. I always prefer to pay in bulk for a subscription if its cheaper than a monthly option.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: William and Carlos; please note that the extra is not really revenue to CM, but would go to pay the fees involved in processing credit card transactions which can be as much as 2-3 percent of the transaction amount. Because of this, some universities now refuse to accept payments by VISA.
David,

That's understood.

But it's irrelevant whether the money goes to CM or to Visa; at the end of six months, it's gone somewhere else. If it is less expensive for us to use the 6-month option, then it should be kept available.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: I think a site like "CATHOLIC Match" would give its members either option.

I understand that the proposed method might make the cost more manageable for some members, but I don't like the idea that people are paying more for something in the end. The current payment plan costs me $50.00 after six months; the proposed plan will cost me $54.00 after the same six months.

I think if people were to take $8.99 a month and put it aside, they can pay for the six month plan in a single payment and then keep the $4.00 that they didn't give to Catholic Match.
William:

Like everything in life there is always pros and cons. I was simply putting out a possible solution for people who have given us feedback that coming up with $50 in a lump can be difficult. As a result I stated up front that providing a solution of smaller payments would result in some minimal increased costs because of the fees charged for use of credit cards. I am sure for some people saving up the $50 over a 6 month period in order to save a few dollars in quite easy, however for others that could be more difficult. I leave these person financial decisions up to them. We are just trying to respond to our customers within the rules we have to work with.
Aug 4th 2013 new
in my case this is the first time i have subscribed for this long 6 months and for sure am looking forward to getting out after this period,, i believe by then i will be busy in a serious comitment and sometimes catholic match should give one a free month after the expiry of the six months as a bonus!
and for all who have subscribed here pls lets look forward to not only meeting the right person but also establishing good friendships that we can always rely for sharing and prayer! am grateful to the many encouragement messages from ladies who are here and even younger than me! let the subscription not be of a waste,, we have great people here to share much here!
Aug 4th 2013 new
I have been going to the same church for 40+ of my 48 years. When I first started, at a young age - the services provided to me by my church were offered up to me for free, but as I got older I realized that the collection basket being passed at every mass was to offset the cost of the services I was getting for free. So I began to give money to the Church even though it was not required for membership. With an archdiocese such as the Archdiocese of Washington and another such as the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the number of potential matches that I could find growing up was exceptionally high. Yet here I am at 48, still unmarried. The one thing I have never done in that time is blame either of the Archdiocese for not successfully finding me a match. There are so many things the church has brought me, and I pray in some way I have been able to return some of that to the members of the church. I have only been a member here of Catholic Match for about a month, and I think that if i were here for another 48 years without finding a match, I would still be grateful for the people that I have met here that gave me the strength to ride it out for another 48 years - hoping and praying and paying. There are so many great people here both male and female.

I quote the following from Catholic Match's mission statement:
CatholicMatch.com is the largest and most active online community for single Catholics. Our service strives to be a companion for singles as they grow in their faith and discern Gods will. Our site helps to introduce singles and encourages faith-focused dating in order to form meaningful relationships. With Gods guidance, these relationships can and often do ultimately lead to the sacrament of marriage.

The opportunity to be part of the community is what I have enjoyed so far, and if it be God's will maybe there is more for me to find here. Just the prayers themselves that I have already recieved from the members here has made my membership worthwhile to me.

Anyway in regards to the original topic of this thread:
Brian - the one thing I have not seen in the discussion is a clear statement as to whether the 6 payments would be locked in - meaning that if after 2 payments at the monthly rate, the member decided they did not want to continue the membership - are they still bound to the remaining 4 payments against there card?

Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: I have been going to the same church for 40+ of my 48 years. When I first started, at a young age - the services provided to me by my church were offered up to me for free, but as I got older I realized that the collection basket being passed at every mass was to offset the cost of the services I was getting for free. So I began to give money to the Church even though it was not required for membership. With an archdiocese such as the Archdiocese of Washington and another such as the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the number of potential matches that I could find growing up was exceptionally high. Yet here I am at 48, still unmarried. The one thing I have never done in that time is blame either of the Archdiocese for not successfully finding me a match. There are so many things the church has brought me, and I pray in some way I have been able to return some of that to the members of the church. I have only been a member here of Catholic Match for about a month, and I think that if i were here for another 48 years without finding a match, I would still be grateful for the people that I have met here that gave me the strength to ride it out for another 48 years - hoping and praying and paying. There are so many great people here both male and female.

I quote the following from Catholic Match's mission statement:
CatholicMatch.com is the largest and most active online community for single Catholics. Our service strives to be a companion for singles as they grow in their faith and discern Gods will. Our site helps to introduce singles and encourages faith-focused dating in order to form meaningful relationships. With Gods guidance, these relationships can and often do ultimately lead to the sacrament of marriage.

The opportunity to be part of the community is what I have enjoyed so far, and if it be God's will maybe there is more for me to find here. Just the prayers themselves that I have already recieved from the members here has made my membership worthwhile to me.

Anyway in regards to the original topic of this thread:
Brian - the one thing I have not seen in the discussion is a clear statement as to whether the 6 payments would be locked in - meaning that if after 2 payments at the monthly rate, the member decided they did not want to continue the membership - are they still bound to the remaining 4 payments against there card?

Dave:

Your explantion about being single is one of the best and most forthright I have ever seen. Your attitude and self awareness is impressive.

Yes as mentioned above this is a payment plan so someone can either choose to renew for 6 months at 49.95 in one lump some or 8.99 per month over 6 months. We would only provide this option for the renewal pricing on 6 month memberships.
Aug 4th 2013 new
Yes, I prefer to pay over a 6 month period -
Aug 4th 2013 new
What I hear, or read, you saying is that if you renew you are locked into paying for 6 months either way. If this is correct, then leave it as a one time payment for six months. The idea of paying month to month is just that, a subscription for a month and such as then being allowed to terminate such contract with a 30 days notice. It gets very muddy when you offer both. I can only imagine the headaches for both staff and subscribers.
Aug 4th 2013 new
Great idea Brian! smile
Aug 6th 2013 new
i definitely have structured my lifestyle to do the 6 month option or an even yearly cheaper option with everything since bulk always saves in everything. hersheyskiss

i.e. If a workout place is paid for a 3 year membership, it may cost $750 upfront but this actually comes to $15 per month rather than the normal $35-$60 month membership fees and then also will normally convert to $100 per year after the 3 years are up, as mine did. That would be even greater for those of us who have had memberships, how about some kind of a long-timer discount? wink

All three options (as if anyone ever has thought it could take us more than a year's membership to find "the one," (what a laugh that was on us, eh? laughing ), i'm guessing some kind of longer term membership could actually get more business, but i thought there was a really great 1 year one at one point in time ($75?). laughing

Posts 31 - 40 of 42