Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Thomas-984554 said: There is a book called, "Would you date you?"

It makes for a very good read and gives good insight.

For me, I can see all sides of the frustration from people. First, if I was divorced, I would never be on a dating site and claim to be a practicing Catholic.

This is just one example (maybe not at your age) but of the older age ranges on the system. It's ok to be friends, but you must admit, it's a little deceiving to be on a "dating" site and have the goal of being "just friends."

My understanding, is Catholic Match, (hence match) implies a marriage minded expectation in meeting people.

I mean, I don't see advertisements on the system depicting "friends who met" holding hands. Of course not, you see pics and advertisements of married couples with themes of, "Finding the right person", or "Find a fresh chance at love."

Persistence is key. In my area, there are just NO single catholics my age. Plenty of divorced, non practicing, for many reasons, but no one I would call a match due to varied reasons.

I will Aly, that you find God's will, peace, Thomas.
This is the post I am referring to. " First, if I was divorced, I would never be on a dating site and claim to be a practicing Catholic ??? " A very offensive comment if you ask me. Who are you to judge the divorced and to imply because one is divorced one is not a practicing Catholic ???? I get tired of these types of comments about the divorced on CM. Your comment suggests if you are divorced you are not a practicing Catholic if you are on this site.
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: This is the post I am referring to. " First, if I was divorced, I would never be on a dating site and claim to be a practicing Catholic ??? " A very offensive comment if you ask me. Who are you to judge the divorced and to imply because one is divorced one is not a practicing Catholic ???? I get tired of these types of comments about the divorced on CM. Your comment suggests if you are divorced you are not a practicing Catholic if you are on this site.
Please note Brian's comment that the topic will be locked if the discussion about divorce continues.

Posts 101 - 102 of 102