Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 1st 2013 new
Beauty is only skin deep.Their loss! sometimes they don't see the inner beautyMaybe a little boldness would helps long with a prayer
Aug 1st 2013 new
Yes, I'm becoming discouraged after about 3 months. I've only met one man F2F and it was not a good match plus there are 2 "pen pal" type relationships. I welcome these friendships but that's not what a person joins a dating site to find. I agree with Fran. Their loss.
Aug 1st 2013 new
In the first month I was discouraged,being new to dating- having few replies to my exploratory messages and being viewed without acknowledgment.
During that time though I began to make friends in the forums,and have fun..lighten the mood :smile
The second month was easier settling into letter writing with friends, having chats,and being in the forums.
Now I am chatting and messaging with a very nice man,taking things as they come.
Perhaps for most people the first month is the busiest and the hardest?
Aug 1st 2013 new
Yes, I am discouraged. My subscription runs out in a couple of weeks and I will not be renewing. I have been on and off for a couple of years. I have only had one f2f which did not work out. I knew he was divorced, but turned out he had been divorced twice and was living with a third woman which was supposed to be a platonic situation, but who knows. This time I was blocked immediately after responding to someone which was quite a shock. ( I take blocking to be for inappropriate behavior, not sending a smiley face!)
I have prayed diligently and I think God is telling me no. That is hard to accept, but will work on doing just that. Widowhood is a lonely, lonely life; wish it could be different.
Aug 1st 2013 new
Aly:

Thank you for your post. I know it can be discouraging, especially when a person you're interested in doesn't respond in kind. I tell myself that timing is everything. It may seem unproductive right now, but every note that you send out and every response that you receive is preparing you for that special person.

I think it takes great courage to send this type of post, and it takes much faith. It takes faith because you're remaining on a site that, although has not yet yielded dividends on a potential relationship, it's keeping you connected to your faith and to God.

Continue to put yourself out there and know that your post inspires others who could be experiencing the same thing that you are to stay the course. I know that someone very special - in God's time - will see your gifts and uniqueness.

Bless you.
Nicholas
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Throw a stone here, you'll hit a discouraged person. wink It's a very common sentiment.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
I have been on this site for almost a year and the caliber of potential mates is horrible. Half the men on this site are divorced and really are not interested in "marriage." They are strictly "window" shopping and are only interested in pursuing you if you are sexually attractive. Inner beauty is a thing of the past. I hope they realize that one day their looks will fade.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
I agree K. I always have questions- why are they divorced& what do they expect in a relationship.If it just sexual ;they are not contemplating a lasting relatioship
Aug 2nd 2013 new
I am just starting my third month on CM. I am having a great time so far and have met many wonderful folks and have established some tremendous relationships - all blessings. I think the experience on here has a lot to do with how we approach it. I see it as a fun way to meet like minded people - so I have fun. I know nobody is perfect including me so my expectations are level set and realistic - so I am never disappointed because I appreciate the fact that I may not appeal to everyone. I am in no rush to love since I believe that special relationship comes in God's time not mine and even then has to be nurtured in order to sustain itself and grow - so I do not put pressure on myself or others to run to a commitment that will only lead to emotional drama. So I just relax, be who I am, and enjoy the overall experience. I think when you do that you are happier overall and that is what attracts all the good stuff being here can provide.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Hi Ally!

This is at least my 3rd time on the site, and I'm only on here now because someone paid for my subscription. And I do find it discouraging when I search profiles, and they are the same people who were on before with just a few exceptions. Just keep praying, and God will show you the way!!

Posts 21 - 30 of 102