Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This program was on 60 Minutes recently and I was able to share it with my Art students.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: This program was on 60 Minutes recently and I was able to share it with my Art students.
www.cbsnews.com The new format does not allow a person to post everything we want to post in the first post. This video is amazing and SHOULD LIFT ALL OF OUR SPIRITS note heartbeat It does lift mine when I watch it!!!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50142539n The new format does not allow a person to post everything we want to post in the first post. This video is amazing and SHOULD LIFT ALL OF OUR SPIRITS It does lift mine when I watch it!!!
Thank you for posting this, Marian. I knew very little of Gaudi's magnificent vision which will soon become reality. The Buddhist sculptor who converted to Catholicism and the backpacker from New Zealand both found their calling there- how inspiring is that? What a story~ I'd like to see it some day.

Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Thank you for posting this, Marian. I knew very little of Gaudi's magnificent vision which will soon become reality. The Buddhist sculptor who converted to Catholicism and the backpacker from New Zealand both found their calling there- how inspiring is that? What a story~ I'd like to see it some day.

When I was studying Art, the teachers never paid him any mind- would show the pifcture of some wavy shaped apartment building and gloss over the picture of this church, and made him even appear eccentric in an unimportant way. When I saw this segment of 60 minutes I felt so graced with a saintly artists vision, and would LOVE to go there as well. It gave me hope fo the future in a deep way. We really do need more uplifting posts for us all don't we? The fact that Antonio Gaudi pressed on even beyond his own death and that others picked up the vision and others have been converted is just breathtaking! ...... not to mention the beauty of this building itself! THIS has made me want to go to Spain. This is in Barcelona and I have a fun foreign movie on Barcelona about some artists. But I had no idea it was so huge and so many things about it. God is smiling on him and on us!
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: This program was on 60 Minutes recently and I was able to share it with my Art students.
Yes, Marian, I went to the Church of the Familia in Spain. They really
had a magnificent Mass there with the Pope. Who would have thought
that the Pope would someday occupy that space for the Most Holy
Sacrifice of the Mass.

Thank you for posting this.

Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Thank you for posting this, Marian. I knew very little of Gaudi's magnificent vision which will soon become reality. The Buddhist sculptor who converted to Catholicism and the backpacker from New Zealand both found their calling there- how inspiring is that? What a story~ I'd like to see it some day.

After you go see this church in Barcelona, then you can go to Madrid and see
the two towers that I posted in another thread, if they are still standing.

Did you see the post I did about those two buildings in Madrid?
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: When I was studying Art, the teachers never paid him any mind- would show the pifcture of some wavy shaped apartment building and gloss over the picture of this church, and made him even appear eccentric in an unimportant way. When I saw this segment of 60 minutes I felt so graced with a saintly artists vision, and would LOVE to go there as well. It gave me hope fo the future in a deep way. We really do need more uplifting posts for us all don't we? The fact that Antonio Gaudi pressed on even beyond his own death and that others picked up the vision and others have been converted is just breathtaking! ...... not to mention the beauty of this building itself! THIS has made me want to go to Spain. This is in Barcelona and I have a fun foreign movie on Barcelona about some artists. But I had no idea it was so huge and so many things about it. God is smiling on him and on us!
Marian:

Spain is a wonderful country to visit. There are so many important places to
visit like Toledo. Then Madrid, the capital, has such spectacular architecture.
It is as pretty as any old European city, with its grand buildings and beautiful
fountains.

After you go to Barcelona, If you go toward the Basque country, it borders
a very very small country called Andorra, a small nation in Europe From
there you can cross to the mountains where Lourdes, France is located.
That is what I did.

en.wikipedia.org
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: After you go see this church in Barcelona, then you can go to Madrid and see

I did indeed and hadn't heard of them before. Hope I get to see these things while I'm still on the green side of the grass! Praying
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I did indeed and hadn't heard of them before. Hope I get to see these things while I'm still on the green side of the grass!
Save a little money each month and then you may get to go.

That is how I travelled.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: After you go see this church in Barcelona, then you can go to Madrid and see

I saw your post and decided I had better share this with people here since this is pertinent to us as Catholics living in this time in the world. I realized that this would be greatly uplifting in contrast to a lot of what is posted in this room. Your post reminded me of the wonderful segment of 60 minutes. I have been to Lourdes years ago with my mother and sister and God willing I will go to France or Spain again someday. I went across the mountains into Spain for a day but we did not go far into Spain. We saw some monastery ruins and held mass their outside and went into a small village or town for a light lunch.
Posts 1 - 10 of 12