Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

eponymousflower.blogspot.com.Edit: this just in which we found on Messa in Latino regarding the Franciscan Friars if the Immaculata. Here's a slight google translation with some editing. You can go to the main site and send an e-mail using Corispondenza Roma. Thanks. Please let us know in the comments if you've signed it. Hopefully it will embolden others to do so.

In support of the Franciscans of the Immaculate and the traditional Mass

Dear friend,

on July 11, the Congregation for Religious has "police" the institution of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, forcing them to abandon the traditional Mass, which they celebrate freely, according to a universal law of the Church, never repealed and confirmed by the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum of Pope Benedict XVI on 7 July 2007.

In the canon 212 of the Code of Canon Law currently in force states that the faithful "...have the right, indeed at times the duty, in keeping with their knowledge, competence and position, to manifest to the sacred Pastors their views on matters which concern the good of the Church. They have the right also to make their views known to others of Christ's faithful, but in doing so they must always respect the integrity of faith and morals, show due reverence to the Pastors and take into account both the common good and the dignity of individuals." In the light of this canon, and what forces the sensus fidei of every baptized person, I feel obliged to send an open letter to His Eminence Cardinal Joo Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life. If you share my concerns, I thank you if you will join this initiative, addressing the message shown in the window below.

Pressing the button below you will be able to send its message directly to the Prefect of the Congregation [in Italian] and, for information, to the Secretary of the Congregation, Archbishop Jos Rodriguez Carballo, the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Mller, Vice President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, Archbishop Augustine Di Noia and the appointed Commissioner, Father Fidenzio Volpi, OFM Cap.

Do not forget to sign the letter with your name, with your e-mail address.

Thank you to join this initiative, promoted for the greater good of the Church and of souls.

With esteem and friendship,

Roberto de Mattei

Link to the petition which you can send already in Italian to the concerned Prelates in authority, here.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Signed the Petition! Praying
Aug 2nd 2013 new
I will not sign the petition as it appears that Pope Francis made the decision for a good reason, as he is the Supreme Pontiff after Jesus Christ we fellow his lead and do not endlessly question-perhaps he is demonstrating corrective love?
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013/08/petition-to-support-franciscans-of.html?showComment=1375...Edit: this just in which we found on Messa in Latino regarding the Franciscan Friars if the Immaculata. Here's a slight google translation with some editing. You can go to the main site and send an e-mail using Corispondenza Roma. Thanks. Please let us know in the comments if you've signed it. Hopefully it will embolden others to do so.

In support of the Franciscans of the Immaculate and the traditional Mass

Dear friend,

on July 11, the Congregation for Religious has "police" the institution of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, forcing them to abandon the traditional Mass, which they celebrate freely, according to a universal law of the Church, never repealed and confirmed by the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum of Pope Benedict XVI on 7 July 2007.

In the canon 212 of the Code of Canon Law currently in force states that the faithful "...have the right, indeed at times the duty, in keeping with their knowledge, competence and position, to manifest to the sacred Pastors their views on matters which concern the good of the Church. They have the right also to make their views known to others of Christ's faithful, but in doing so they must always respect the integrity of faith and morals, show due reverence to the Pastors and take into account both the common good and the dignity of individuals." In the light of this canon, and what forces the sensus fidei of every baptized person, I feel obliged to send an open letter to His Eminence Cardinal Joo Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life. If you share my concerns, I thank you if you will join this initiative, addressing the message shown in the window below.

Pressing the button below you will be able to send its message directly to the Prefect of the Congregation [in Italian] and, for information, to the Secretary of the Congregation, Archbishop Jos Rodriguez Carballo, the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Mller, Vice President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, Archbishop Augustine Di Noia and the appointed Commissioner, Father Fidenzio Volpi, OFM Cap.

Do not forget to sign the letter with your name, with your e-mail address.

Thank you to join this initiative, promoted for the greater good of the Church and of souls.

With esteem and friendship,

Roberto de Mattei

Link to the petition which you can send already in Italian to the concerned Prelates in authority, here.
Quoting a former Prefect in Rome during the pontificate of John Paul II:

When I get a letter from a bishop, I read it. When I get a letter from a priest, I file it. When I get a letter from a layman, I throw it away.

Card. Braz de Aviz will most likely not read it. He has a staff and unless you have a canon lawyer willing to call his office unceasingly asking for a response, they will ignore it.

You would be better using your time and energy having Card. Burke at the Signatura try to make something happen. He has much better chances than we do.

Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I will not sign the petition as it appears that Pope Francis made the decision for a good reason, as he is the Supreme Pontiff after Jesus Christ we fellow his lead and do not endlessly question-perhaps he is demonstrating corrective love?
I agree with Kristen.

Organizing people to pray, fast, and offer Masses will be far more effective at achieving God's will than a petition. Of course, the possibility that the current status IS God's will must be considered.

Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I agree with Kristen.

Organizing people to pray, fast, and offer Masses will be far more effective at achieving God's will than a petition. Of course, the possibility that the current status IS God's will must be considered.

That doesn't mean there is anything wrong in asking.Yes,ultimately God's will be done.The Pope has the final say.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
I agree with Kristin. I suspect that there is some very good reason why this action is being taken. Without complete details from both sides, I think that Catholics should trust the Catholic hierarchy to do the job to which God has entrusted each of them. I feel the same way as it pertains to certain disciplinary actions being taken concerning groups of Catholic religious sisters that act as if they know better than the hierarchy in certain matters (e.g. health care, abortion, contraception, homosexual marriage, etc.).

Just my thoughts.

Ed
Aug 8th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: That doesn't mean there is anything wrong in asking.Yes,ultimately God's will be done.The Pope has the final say.
Asking? No problem.

Organizing a public petition? Probably a problem, especially one that presumes to interpret a papal letter and canon law against the actions of the Vatican.

I have a hard time seeing how this doesn't create or perpetuate a scandal, something that should be avoided.
Scandal: CCC 2284-2287

I'm with Kristin. I'll pass.

The friars have requested that no such petitions be submitted regarding this situation:

the Religious Institute of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate REAFFIRMS its obedience to the dispositions of the Holy Father, [. . .] APPEALS TO ALL to maintain SILENCE, RESPECT AND PRAYER regarding the matter, in order to allow the competent authorities to carry out their task in peace for the good of the Church and of the Institute.

immacolata.com

Aug 9th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: The friars have requested that no such petitions be submitted regarding this situation:

the Religious Institute of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate REAFFIRMS its obedience to the dispositions of the Holy Father, [. . .] APPEALS TO ALL to maintain SILENCE, RESPECT AND PRAYER regarding the matter, in order to allow the competent authorities to carry out their task in peace for the good of the Church and of the Institute.

http://immacolata.com/index.php/en/35-apostolato/fi-news/227-declaration-about-some-recent-facts

Too late. eyebrow
Posts 1 - 10 of 46