Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

The cross of Christ may have been found in Turkey this week. They are examining the contents of a box that had something in it and was marked by crosses on the outside. Here is the article. www.today.com
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: The cross of Christ may have been found in Turkey this week. They are examining the contents of a box that had something in it and was marked by crosses on the outside. Here is the article. http://www.today.com/video/today/52651272#52651272
It appeared to be the broken corner of what may have been a stone box at one time. It doesn't look like they found a complete box. I may be missing something though.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
St Helen, the mother of the Emperor Constantine, reportedly found Christ's cross way back when. Tiny slivers from it have been distributed as relics of the true cross for the better part of 2000 years.

The Church has accepted and venerated it as the true cross.

So any new discoveries claiming to be the Cross of Christ have to be taken with a large dose skepticism.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: The cross of Christ may have been found in Turkey this week. They are examining the contents of a box that had something in it and was marked by crosses on the outside. Here is the article. http://www.today.com/video/today/52651272#52651272
I enjoyed that video about the excavations in Turkey. That church was supposed
to be from the 600's. That is really old.

One thing I think is that video takes liberty. I know when the video refers to
a boat that might have been Jesus boat, I went to the museum where
that boat was displayed, and they make no claim that it was that.

They only suggest that it is a boat from around the time that Jesus sailed on
the waters.
Aug 4th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: St Helen, the mother of the Emperor Constantine, reportedly found Christ's cross way back when. Tiny slivers from it have been distributed as relics of the true cross for the better part of 2000 years.

The Church has accepted and venerated it as the true cross.

So any new discoveries claiming to be the Cross of Christ have to be taken with a large dose skepticism.
I don't think the church gives enough respect to either Charlemagne or
St. Helen for putting our great church back on its track.

Many Catholics do not even know the place that Charlemagne had
in Catholicism or what he did for us.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5