Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 23rd 2013 new
I think it is super important for all of us to remember that "electronic communication" is NOT really communication at all. It is data transfer. I say this because there are so many reasons why it can fail. Some of those reasons have been listed in this thread already:
1. The person looking at a profile is not a paying member, so they canNOT send messages.
2. They are just looking around.

There are MANY other possible reasons:

1. They MAY be rude, but...
2. They may be SHY.
3. They may get busy and not check their messages for months.
4. They may become ill or injured or get a new job or get a new grandchild or.....
5. They may not know HOW to send messages back to you.
6. Their subscription may run out, and that's why their profile is unavailable. Is that "rude?" I don't think so.

What I mean is: I hope you (we!) won't get discouraged by WHAT IS NOT, but rather rejoice in all the good things and good people we find here. :)
Aug 24th 2013 new
I gotta say all Lauras are pretty awesome, funny, & wonderful! Everyone should add one to their life!

**This message is not endorsed by my ex laughing**
Aug 24th 2013 new
This is a common complaint from new posters. Prefer instead to look at it as God protecting you from someone who is not meant for you.

God saved me from some men who were not right for me for 22 years and finally led me to a man who is perfect for me.

Just keep trying!!! hug
Aug 24th 2013 new
They have to open your profile to get any information.. They might see something in there that keeps them from sending a note..

We also tend to inject our own self defeating projection and maybe fear that it might just work. I sent Larry an emote after he browsed me. He said he would not have written me first even though he was attracted.. He assumed that I would tell him he was too far away.. It was about a 2 hour drive.
Aug 24th 2013 new
I don't understand when you send a birthday emote to someone having a birthday, and they look at your profile and don't respnd. In real life, if you said that to someone they would of course say "thank you". I think social media creates a very rude world.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Really? How?
Don't get any ideas!!
Aug 25th 2013 new
thanks for the encouragement
Aug 26th 2013 new
A browse is just taking a look. If they browse me I browse them if halfway interested. If not I ignore it. I don't feel obligated to browse someone just because they browsed me. If they return my browse after having browsed me first then I think there may be some interest there. What I find rude if is I reply to a message and then they never respond. I wonder why they bothered in the first place but move on.
Aug 26th 2013 new
I agree. I paid for a one month membership because someone indicated that they liked me and they were looking for the same thing I was. As soon as I became a paying member, they disappeared. This happened on Match.com as well and I ended up getting my money back because it was clearly a bait and switch scheme. I thought that Catholic Match would be different from other online dating services, but it turns out they are just the same-- they only want to trick you out of your money.
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Mariane-997902 said: I agree. I paid for a one month membership because someone indicated that they liked me and they were looking for the same thing I was. As soon as I became a paying member, they disappeared. This happened on Match.com as well and I ended up getting my money back because it was clearly a bait and switch scheme. I thought that Catholic Match would be different from other online dating services, but it turns out they are just the same-- they only want to trick you out of your money.
A word to the wise: if one of us get mail that appears to be a scammer, we can immediately notify CM. Often, when that happens, the "sender" becomes "Unavailable". Some of us can tell pretty quick by the note sent. We tell CM. CM checks out the activity of the 'sender' and if it appears inappropriate, or is not verifiable, the person becomes "Unavailable". That is a good thing! Saves me from garage mail from a garbage male! Chemistry, Match, and several others do the same.
Posts 21 - 30 of 103