Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 20th 2013 new
Just send an emote smile, if you had a change of heart, after all you looked first!
Sep 23rd 2013 new
Really how much does it take to start a conversion if you are interested or a simple sorry not interested , if your not interested. Just treat people how you want to be treated. If someone asked you a question in person would you just walk away or answer? Just saying!
Sep 30th 2013 new
This is my second time around on this site. I am optimistic because I'd like a Catholic spouse and as I've had my divorce annulled, I can actually marry in the church. I've had a lot of views, and since many haven't messaged, I have to accept the fact that there's something in my profile that doesn't mesh with them. I can't look at it as a negative, because really they're just saving us both time, right! LOL
I do worry that I'm possibly wasting my time because my profile is completely honest (as they all should be), one can see that I disagree with 2 of the churches teachings. So I guess I'm at risk of not being accepted for those reasons. But I'm not going to change my belief on these two items, I guess I'll see if it's a unilateral deal breaker. But I can't be the only non conservative Catholic, can I?
As far as it being rude to not respond, I do find myself responding to everyone on this site, just to be polite. But if I'm not interested, I kindly let that ne known through communication not non-response.
Sep 30th 2013 new
(quote) Danielle-933127 said:
I do worry that I'm possibly wasting my time because my profile is completely honest (as they all should be), one can see that I disagree with 2 of the churches teachings. So I guess I'm at risk of not being accepted for those reasons. But I'm not going to change my belief on these two items, I guess I'll see if it's a unilateral deal breaker. But I can't be the only non conservative Catholic, can I?

Danielle................these are probably a biggy. I do see a lot of 7/7 but see as little as 3/7.
Jan 14th 2014 new
The rudest ones are those who don't view your profile in the first place.
They don't even have the courtesy to let you know that they're not
viewing your profile.
Jan 14th 2014 new

I have also had men send me a smile and I send one back to be polite or a short note thanking them and then nothing. Have had one person send me smiles 2 times and have responded with a short note and then nothing. Confused!!! Don't know how to take that.

Jan 14th 2014 new

I figure that a browse is little more than making eye contact with someone on the sidewalk as your bus moves away. Maybe they look away, maybe they smile, maybe they leap onto the bus at the last second.

Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I figure that a browse is little more than making eye contact with someone on the sidewalk as your bus moves away. Maybe they look away, maybe they smile, maybe they leap onto the bus at the last second.

I agree, Marge. You can't read too much into a view of your profile. Furthermore, even exchanging remotes is not significant. If there is no meaningful conversation, then you should consider that significant interest is lacking on the part of the other party. Of course you still have the option of continuing a dialogue of emotes...
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Mariane-997902 said: I agree. I paid for a one month membership because someone indicated that they liked me and they were looking for the same thing I was. As soon as I became a paying member, they disappeared. This happened on Match.com as well and I ended up getting my money back because it was clearly a bait and switch scheme. I thought that Catholic Match would be different from other online dating services, but it turns out they are just the same-- they only want to trick you out of your money.
I paid money in a real life dating service that turned out to be a scam. They were using ringers - ladies who were being paid on the side to appear as single available ladies when in fact they were not the least bit interested in a relationship. There are scammers everywhere; we just have to always be on guard, whether it is the Internet or face to face.
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-624621 said: I paid money in a real life dating service that turned out to be a scam. They were using ringers - ladies who were being paid on the side to appear as single available ladies when in fact they were not the least bit interested in a relationship. There are scammers everywhere; we just have to always be on guard, whether it is the Internet or face to face.
Jim, so sorry you had such a terrible experience. ... and your right there are scammers and dishonest people everywhere. I have been the victim of two scam attempts. Makes one a little gun shy.

Marge I agree with you on the viewing. I think sometime we want or expect a response from a view, but should not.
Posts 41 - 50 of 103