Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Annulment Resource

Aug 6th 2013 new
The topic of annulments comes up frequently in the forums (co-ed and the women's room.... I can't speak for the men's room!). I found an excellant resource that I read about a year before my annulment process began. It was a great help, got me familiar with much of the canon legalise "jargon" and was something that I could refer back to. It is written in a Q&A format and is easy to read. It is "Annulments and the Catholic Church: Straight Answers to Tough Questions," wrtitten by Edward Peters, JD, JCD. Ascension Press, ISBN 1-932645-00-4.
Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: The topic of annulments comes up frequently in the forums (co-ed and the women's room.... I can't speak for the men's room!). I found an excellant resource that I read about a year before my annulment process began. It was a great help, got me familiar with much of the canon legalise "jargon" and was something that I could refer back to. It is written in a Q&A format and is easy to read. It is "Annulments and the Catholic Church: Straight Answers to Tough Questions," wrtitten by Edward Peters, JD, JCD. Ascension Press, ISBN 1-932645-00-4.
Can't recommend Dr. Peters' books (not only this one, but he is an amazing and orthodox resource for questions regarding the 'legalities' of how the Church governs itself. Can NOT go wrong with his advice and insight.

As a side note, please pray for his son, Thomas, a well known blogger (The American Papist), who suffered a C5 fracture a couple weeks ago, is currently moderately paralyzed, and is facing a long and strenuous recovery with his newlywed wife and friends praying for his recovery. tpetersrecovery.blogspot.com

Aug 7th 2013 new
I have seen prayer requests for his son cross my FB page, but didn't put them together. Thanks for making the connection for me.
Aug 8th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: I have seen prayer requests for his son cross my FB page, but didn't put them together. Thanks for making the connection for me.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but info on young Thomas also crosses Fr. Z's blog (http://www.wdtprs.com) regularly, so, if you're a faithful (ie not cafeteria) Catholic, this site should be in your browser bookmark file...;)

Posts 1 - 4 of 4