Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Aug 11th 2013 new
Sadly, it seems that we live in a sex-addicted culture.
May I share with "Forum" readers, that something that has enriched my faith is having carefully read the encyclical, Humanae Vitae. ((Did I spell that correctly??)) I find it remarkable what our Holy Father Paul VI accurately predicted way-back-when.
Aug 16th 2013 new
Anyone of the more knowledgeable people out there want to share as to the "why" behind the teaching.
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Anyone of the more knowledgeable people out there want to share as to the "why" behind the teaching.
Cheryl,
The Catholic church teaches that in order for a marriage to be a sacrament both of the parties have to be open to "life". Practicing contraception is not being open to life. Humanae Vitae explains it very well; another good source is the Theology of the Body.
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-684265 said: Sadly, it seems that we live in a sex-addicted culture.
May I share with "Forum" readers, that something that has enriched my faith is having carefully read the encyclical, Humanae Vitae. ((Did I spell that correctly??)) I find it remarkable what our Holy Father Paul VI accurately predicted way-back-when.
You are not kidding there. i was so amazed to learn when beginning training in the counseling field that AA has many more extensions of their 12-Step program that are active but the most active and numerous are the SA groups (Sex Addicts). What kind of a society has ours become?
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Agreed. In fact if bc of any kind is wanted/ required by one side or the other, it's time to end the relationship if this position is not abandoned. Violating Gods Natural law right from the start is not a good basis for a new marriage.
Tim, I have always felt this way but no where in scripture was I able to find a basis for "divorce" being one spouse who was no longer open to "life". My former husband had a vasectomy when I was 9 weeks pregnant with my 6th pregnancy in 6 years. Our youngest daughter was born 5.5 weeks early, but as healthy as could be expected. I never felt the same about sexual relations with him after that and even considered separating from him because of his decision. His decision to "prevent life" took aware my desire for sexual intimacy. As time has gone on I have met other women who are now my age and verbalizing the same experience; husband gets a vasectomy, wife loses desire for sexual intimacy. Of course the majority of these women are now divorced because God never intended for a marriage relationship to persist in which one partner determines the ability for the other to procreate. Of the women who are still married, they are all in an "unhappy" relationship with their spouse. Contraception is selfish and a marriage relatiionship cannot thrive when one or both partners are selfish.
Aug 17th 2013 new
My above statement was more about a growing relationship before a marriage.
Marriage itself is a unique relationship. Two "strangers" are bound to each other closer than siblings, in fact become one flesh. This relationship has contractural rights associated with it. Mainly those rights associated with the generation of children. If that is completely cut off, well......

At that point I think a discussion with a priest is in order. Just don't shop for one. Find a good solid priest and stick with his advice.
Aug 19th 2013 new
I just finished Dr. Greg Popcak's book Holy Sex, and he makes an interesting and very important point about contraception (one that I had heard from Vicki Thorn in her Biology of the Theology of the Body talk but had forgotten.) Couples often feel used when barrier methods of contraception and vasectomies are employed, and one of the reasons is that during sex there is an exchange of hormones and other substances between the couple. These substances change the body chemistry of the couple, increasing bonding and desire for each other. By greatly muting this exchange the barrier severely reduces the bonding between the couple.
Aug 19th 2013 new
You are right Tim. There is no need to break the Lord's Commandments. We also need to remember that the only birth control accepted and/or recommended by the Catholic Church is the Natural Method

Enough said.

Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just think it is time to address this again as it is a hot issue, but I also wanted to take it one step further and address what a difference having this belief makes to dating.

Ok, go...

I'm not sure how you are linking contraception to dating: in terms of use while dating or finding those with similar beliefs to date?

Aug 21st 2013 new
"The Having it All" are Easy to Manage,
By the Destroyer Who Brought Them Carnage:

"Sometimes Our Masters are Hardly Tight-Lipped
And Openly Boast They Created the Script
Called Reality, Altered for Each Generation,
Bringing Hedonism, Pursuit of Erotic Sensation,
With Everyone Divided, Each Seeking Pleasure,
There's No Serious Thoughts Exchanged in Leisure,
Thus No Threat to He Who Rules,
Chuckling at People Turned into Fools,
Mimicking Fiction into Daily Antic,