Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just think it is time to address this again as it is a hot issue, but I also wanted to take it one step further and address what a difference having this belief makes to dating.

Ok, go...

For me this VERY simple. The use of contraceptives is a mortal sin. If my eventual wife thinks that contraceptive use is ok then I would have to be an active participant in the use of contraceptives, or she would have to conceal(lie) to me(her husband) the fact that she was using contraceptives, or I would have to convince her that contraceptive use was a mortal sin. This would likely result in one, or both of use being guilty of mortal sin and in great peril of damnation. Furthermore, I would also be exposing our future children to a false moral teaching(that contraceptives are ok) which could influence them and lead to great risk of their damnation.

The first priority for any christian/Catholic marriage should be to help each other attain heaven, and to guide/help any children toward attaining heaven. I would never consider a woman who thought contraceptive use was ok because I think I owe it to my children to choose a mother who(along with me) would give them the best chance of attaining heaven.
Dec 6th 2013 new
Leaving aside the chemical explanation (which I personally think is over-emphasized), it has always seemed to me that any sort of contraception:
- must be very much like kissing through Saran Wrap or shaking hands with gloves on: an incomplete experience;
- must necessarily convey the message "I love you...only up to a point"
Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-720860 said: ...I would never consider a woman who thought contraceptive use was ok ....
In the spirit of charity, please re-think that statement, paying attention to the use of the word "thought".

You might be a teacher to someone who has been misled.

I was to my husband. I shared the reasoning behind the Church's position, gave him some books/articles to read, and ended with, "I can't live any other way". He was convinced.

Now...if you did that and the person insisted it was ok...then move on.
Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: Many years ago, as a Protestant, I bought into this lie. As a converted Catholic, I now believe that birth control and the "sexual revolution" are at the core of many of societies' problems today.
I have recently been reading about Our Lady of Good Success where quite accurate predictions of the breakdown of values in our times were prophesized over 300 years ago. There are many lies that are being bought into play these days. Here is a short summary about Our Lady of Good Success:

www.michaeljournal.org

Our Lady of Good Success pray for us.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: In the spirit of charity, please re-think that statement, paying attention to the use of the word "thought".

You might be a teacher to someone who has been misled.

I was to my husband. I shared the reasoning behind the Church's position, gave him some books/articles to read, and ended with, "I can't live any other way". He was convinced.

Now...if you did that and the person insisted it was ok...then move on.
I have and certainly will continue to do this with anyone I meet, but I have learned never to expect to change anyone's mind. I try to be God's instrument the best that I can, and let him work on them. I have no problem making friends with people who disagree with me, but I won't enter a serious relationship with a woman who thinks that contraceptive use is ok, and i would certainly not allow myself to marry such a person.
Posts 21 - 25 of 25