Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 20th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: The "J" man <----- Celebrated his daughter's 18th birthday yesterday. Her mom and one of her BFFFFF joined us for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Had some good dinner and good conversation. An employee gave my daughter a little dessert in a small wine type glass, ice cream and whip cream. They sang "Happy Birthday", along with us of course. I then asked my daughter if I could have a taste. I did and then....SHOVED her nose in it!!! AND YES...I took a picture!!!
Johnny, Welcome to the Status Thread. Post early and often. Congrats to you for being a good dad -- just by being there with your daughter and her other loved ones. And for being playful. Glad that wasn't me getting dessert cake in the face, though.

Sam, we have the Polka Mass every year. The Lima Polka Choir has a booklet of songs; it is just fun and peppy. We even serve beer at the food tent at our fall festival.

Status Update: Margo is annulled and looking for love in all the right places. Even though she tries to eat healthy, little meat and lots of veggies, she admits to still liking to eat Whopper cheeseburgers. embarassed Margo is certainly glad that her weekend has finally arrived. For the last 2 consecutive Fridays, she has attended training conferences. The one today was on Brain-Based Parenting -- very good. Margo has rented World War Z, had pizza and a beer already, and intends to soon get back to her movie.

Sep 21st 2013 new
Awakened at 4a.m. by her roosters( that think the just- past- being- fullmoon is good enough to replace the sun)
crowing wide eyed ...Anne is already having trouble sleeping as she awaits her "very good friends" arrival in Australia on Sunday morning. smile faint
Sep 21st 2013 new
Johnny took a trip down to his previous church to review some annulment paperwork. Johnny is going to stay in town and go to reconciliation and attend mass. Johnny might go see a movie.
Sep 21st 2013 new
Rachel spent the morning and early afternoon out in the pouring rain and mud cheering on her daughter Susy and the rest of her cross country team as they raced 3.1 miles, gathering mud every step of the way. Many racers lost shoes, fell and slid down hills, and the washing of shoes, blackened socks, and uniforms is a daunting task! Then R and her daughters spent the afternoon warming up and resting up, baking and making soup to take the chill off, then Susy went off to cheer the soccer team, Julia and Theresa enjoyed a movie, and Rachel went to Mass with her Franciscan friends. R will go to Mass again tomorrow morning with her daughters, after teaching the first day of Rel Ed for the school year.
Sep 22nd 2013 new
Rachel enjoyed the first day of Religious Education this morning :) She is teaching the kindergarten class this year. She skyped with her oldest daughter after Mass, visited with her parents, took the kids out for pizza, baked bread, made apple crisp, and is waiting for the water bath to finish for the huge batch of applesauce she made and canned. She is not looking forward to all the kitchen clean-up she will be doing for the next hour while the cans cool and seal -- R is tired! Blessings on you all as the new week begins. Happy Autumn!
Sep 22nd 2013 new
Johnny went to church early to get a head start. Johnny started putting together his daughter's NEW bed. Johnny actually followed the directions, I cant' even believe that, and got a little frustrated because it was NOT matching up. So, I tipped back a cold brewski to calm down. JUST kidding. Johnny figured it out, of course.

Johnny went to go pick up his daughter from her mom's house and drove her to her Driving Academy Class.

Johnny is typing right now and watching the Emmy's. Autumn IS here in the NW!
Sep 23rd 2013 new
Rachel, Sam made apple crisp, too. Operative part is 'made,' because her kids told the neighbor's grandkids and it is all gone!

The big news is Sam lost her mind and bought a pool table at an estate sale. (She still hasn't purchased a washer!) Couldn't beat the price or condition of the table and the sellers threw in cues and all accessories, but now Sam has to hire someone to move it. The backstory is that Sam grew up with a pool table in her house and LOVES to play. (She used to play for beer money in college. shhh ) She has always wanted her own table. Sam's plan is to have a game room in her basement, just like her parents did. We had fun things to do, a great stereo, music and snacks. Because kids were always welcome, our house was always the place to be. Consequently, my parents always knew where their children were. Sam plans to do the same thing with her own kids. biggrin

Happy Fall, everyone! Enjoy the week! BTW, Margo, Sam loves your status updates and how they always end with your 'single' status. She can only conclude that the men in your demographic aren't paying attention. You are a catch! wink

Sep 23rd 2013 new
Why, thank you, Sam, for your endorsement! Yes, Margo hasn't had a date for quite some time. Her lips are starting to pucker from age, not pucker up for a peck on the cheek! embarassed laughing

Sam, Margo had an open door policy for kids at her house when her offspring were at home, too, and it really paid off. Kids want to hang around houses where parents are paying attention. Whether or not they admit it, they want adults to pay attention and care abt their well being.

Margo enjoyed World War Z. She admits to looking away much of the time (during the violence.) M thinks the movie is important because it is an indicator of our underlying worry abt our planet and global warming. The last time zombie movies peaked in popularity, we were worried abt the annihilation from the atom bomb. M was pretty amazed at how much money/how many resources were spent on WWZ. It had exotic locales that rivaled the Bourne movies.

Sep 24th 2013 new
Rachel is trying to get back on track after a day and a half of migraine that kept her from doing much on her long 'to do' list. R has laundry caught up and drying in the welcome sun, bills paid and paperwork sorted and dealt with, the Garmin gps (surprise gift from her second son) charging and ready to help her find her directionally challenged way around!
Rachel is sad about the diagnosis from the tree expert that her beautiful maple shade tree will have to be taken all the way down rather than just trimmed. It's just too diseased and getting large cracks that will probably split the tree and cause it to fall on both my home and my dear neighbor's tree if it isn't cut down now. R has babied and treated her tree for the last 17 years but now will have to say goodbye. She is keeping the wood to enjoy many future backyard fires with her kids, but even her boys living far away are sad to lose their old climbing tree.
Rachel is waiting for her techy friend to come over to try to fix one of her computers and then she and her younger girls will head off to cheer her daughter running cross country -- R's old team, same uniforms even! R's girls think it's amazing to see their mom's picture still hanging in the high school trophy case beside her team's dusty trophies! R thinks is great to see her trophies by her kid's trophies in the school case!
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Awakened at 4a.m. by her roosters( that think the just- past- being- fullmoon is good enough to replace the sun)
crowing ...Anne is already having trouble sleeping as she awaits her "very good friends" arrival in Australia on Sunday morning.
Anne, prayers ascending! hyper
Posts 101 - 110 of 200