Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 25th 2013 new
M's car was broken into last night... perpetrators saw a briefcase full of orientation-training materials in there, and must have been interested in what it would be like to have a real job rolling eyes
Sep 25th 2013 new
Michael -- Rachel LOVES the way your sense of humor shows through and puts a new, interesting, positive spin on all that happens in your life! I hope nothing was damaged and that you always are the awesome guy you are! My prayers are for the perpetrators and for you, that God blesses you with all good always.
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: M's car was broken into last night... perpetrators saw a briefcase full of orientation-training materials in there, and must have been interested in what it would be like to have a real job
Oh Michael, I embarassed roared laughing when I read that. I'm so sorry that those perps damaged your vehicle and your sense of safety. hug hug Hope that your insurance company serves you well. I hope the perps are inspired to follow in your footsteps, educate themselves, work in Human Resources and learn how rewarding and difficult functioning in the real world can be.

Blessings to you, duNord
Sep 25th 2013 new
Reading this part of the thread all I could think of was the song "Johnny be good"
"
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Reading this part of the thread all I could think of was the song "Johnny be good"
"
I am good.... biggrin laughing biggrin ...most of the time! laughing
Sep 25th 2013 new
Good day turned not good...

Johnny received an update of a co-worker that she has passed away due to cancer. I posted a new thread called "Today: Loss of a friend". sad
Sep 28th 2013 new
Rachel spent part of this gorgeous day enjoying the sun and warm temperatures by hanging out a few loads of laundry, fixing the clothes line when it broke, washing the house's siding and the front porch, walking a load of recycling to the bins at the township building, picking up sticks from our diseased tree that will soon be cut down, and loving up her cat Skunkalicious, and will now enjoy washing the van before getting ready for confession and Mass. Rachel hopes your day is fun, enjoyable, and as productive as you wish!
Sep 28th 2013 new
Margo got up early this morning, prepped for her food co-op board meeting, walked there, then facilitated the meeting. Margo loves devoting her spare time to the idea of healthy food supply w/many local sources. Cooperatives are a thoughtful, profitable business model that encourage social justice. Margo recently toured a quite impressive therapy cooperative in Viroqua, WI.

After her walk back from the food co-op, M stopped at home, switched bags and walked to the farmers market where she bought locally grown raspberries, apples, grapes, red&green peppers, and freshly baked honey wheat bread. She didn't spend much money at all.

Then she toottled on home, made a tuna salad that includes hard-boiled eggs, shredded cheese & mayo, put it on the honey wheat bread with spinach. It was very yummy.

Blessings to all.
Sep 28th 2013 new
Sounds like a fun, productive day, Margo!
Rachel finished off her day heading to the K of C for a 50-60's dance with her friends -- lots of good talk, good food, a little hard lemonade, and then fun dancing! R thinks she'll finish prepping for Rel Ed class in the morning (yawn)
Sep 29th 2013 new
Rachel, glad to hear you had some fun to go with all that work.

Sam took a page out of Rachel's playbook. She started at 6:30 and cleaned the house top to bottom. Sam loves it when her house is clean and she can sit down guilt free! We had a perfect fall day of 69 degrees and sunny so there was kite flying and rollerblade/rollerskate driveway hockey with the neighbor's grandkids. Sam's daughter absolutely does not get it that you run into the wind to give the kite lift. She just throws it up and runs like heck, laughing the whole time. Her brother tried to explain a bit about lift and air currents, then wisely gave up. It was hysterical! Then Sam shooed her kids out the door with their dad and made red curry thai noodles with chicken and veggies. She was content to cook something spicy and creative, listen to music and sip her beer. Woulda been better with a Tsingtao, but Sam got over it.

Today is another clear, sparkling fall day. Sam and her big dog are headed to the Humane Society for a walk and fundraiser. The Pancake Man's gonna be there- betcha Boji, (lab/bullmastiff mutt), charms him out of breakfast.
Posts 111 - 120 of 200