Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Oct 13th 2013 new
Margo is visiting her daughter in Sidney, Montana, which is about 800 miles west and north of Menomonie, Wis., where Margo lives. She is having a wonderful time and returning back home tomorrow. Then work on Tuesday. More later. cool

Oct 14th 2013 new
Johnny had a good day today. Johnny got to spend some time with his son today. Does not happen to often, due to his lack of effort. Had a really big breakfast that he treated me to. :-)
Oct 15th 2013 new
biggrin biggrin biggrin Plesaed to see Captain Steven Gerrard's goal.
Oct 18th 2013 new
duNord braces himself for the first snow of the season, coming this weekend snowman ... and wonders if not-from-Fargo cool ran into any snow on her trek back from Montana.

While MdN drags out the snowshovels, he will be thinking about FL, where it will be 88 degrees all weekend sad
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: duNord braces himself for the first snow of the season, coming this weekend ... and wonders if not-from-Fargo ran into any snow on her trek back from Montana.

While MdN drags out the snowshovels, he will be thinking about FL, where it will be 88 degrees all weekend
Actually, Michael duNord from DuLuth, Margo did see some snow in a ditch in western North Dakota last Friday, left over from a snowstorm. Margo and her daughter's long-term bf drove through hours and hours of rain, coming and going. Rain is better than snow, though.

Today, I stocked up big time at the Farmers Market. I won't make it to next Sat's market (the last outdoor market this year) due to a food co-op board of directors commitment. Today at the farmers market for about $25, I bought homemade apple strudel (yum), caraway rye bread, a bag of apples from a local orchard, several green peppers, baby red potatoes, carrots, lettuce (yes! lettuce at this time of year), spinach, and best of all, 2 pints of fresh raspberries. I am so very spoiled and thank God for the good food and farmers who grow it. And the baker, of course.

Margo wishes everyone had access to such good, healthy food. Tomorrow she'll finish preparing chili that she'll take to work and also carrot-raisin muffins.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Johnny had a good day today. Johnny got to spend some time with his son today. Does not happen to often, due to his lack of effort. Had a really big breakfast that he treated me to. :-)
I don't mean to be too focused on food, but it is such a natural way to bring people together. We can talk, laugh and eat. Not so easy to fight when eating, either. wink laughing
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: I don't mean to be too focused on food, but it is such a natural way to bring people together. We can talk, laugh and eat. Not so easy to fight when eating, either.
Yes! Anne loves to hear what Margo buys fresh and healthy at the markets and is encouraged to try different healthy natural foods too .Anne was happy to read that her beloved asparagus is high in folate and enjoys it with
butter and lemon juice each day from the garden.Her children can't stand it!She has a pumpkin from April that her son wants to carve a head out of ,so will make pumpkin soup.
Anne plans to go out in the garden weeding this warm day,and later going to afternoon Mass with her family
an hours drive east at a Cathedral.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Mass at a cathedral sounds just lovely, Anne. And Margo brought her daughter who lives almost 800 miles away in a small Montana town (think of it as America's Outback) a jar of canned asparagus, as well as food items imported from many countries. M wishes she liked to garden; she just likes raising flowrs and mowing her lawn.

Interesting how people the world over have the same interests, isn't it!
Oct 21st 2013 new
Johnny had a good laid back weekend. Biggest job was laundry. Johnny let his son borrow the truck from the previous weekend we had breakfast. He returned it washed and with more fuel than it had when he borrowed it. Johnny's son is finally learning.

No BIG breakfast this time, Margo!
Oct 22nd 2013 new
duNord sits in a hotel room in Grand Rapids, MN, after the classic Minnesota dinner: walleye, wild rice, and salad. Yummm. biggrin
Posts 151 - 160 of 200