Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Nov 3rd 2013 new
Johnny did some laundry today, vegged out, had some leftovers for lunch, and treated himself to a movie. Johnny went to go see "Last Vegas". Pretty funny movie. :-)
Nov 6th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said:  Then I went to the public library (my usual Sat afternoon retreat) and sat in a chair that overlooks the lake with the sunshine on my neck, it was lovely. I was reading a book by Barbara Kingsover that you may like called "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle." It's abt how she and her family went on a mostly local food diet for a year. She even talked of visiting their local Farmers Market!

Ahh..Anne would be interested in the said book.She had read many times John Seymore's" Fat of The Land"
and always feels a new burst of inspiration with gardening,poultry and preserving...!Probably time to read it again.... boggledAnne enjoyed very much walking yesterday evening,with the scent of hay in the air,the farmer near her family was raking hay for pressing into bales today ,his tractor working late into the dark.
Yay! She managed to get the garden pump working ,after taking off the foot valve,filling the pipe with water and getting the airlock out.Much priming later the pump suction finally worked. smileAnne's thirsty garden has had a good drink.Anne and children are enjoying good tee-shirt weather,yesterday reached 30o !
She is allowing herself to become excited (now the 'to do' list is being knocked down,) as her trip to visit her gent in the States approaches ! scratchchin
Nov 6th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: She is allowing herself to become excited (now the 'to do' list is being knocked down,) as her trip to visit her gent in the States approaches !
How cool is that!
Nov 6th 2013 new
Brian is happy.Whitey Bulger will be sentenced on Nov 13.
Nov 8th 2013 new
Happy weekend, everyone! Margo has had an atypical Friday, but one that is good. She met with the future owner of where she works, and we talked abt future plans. Margo got some promising news abt long-awaited, much-needed changes. Then after that meeting and lunch, Margo visited with a colleague in the same profession who is getting laid off. We talked abt her future, incl. a job interview next week where M works.

Margo did a few errands, then spent the rest of today recharging, faint which included taking a long nap. She needs to do that on Fridays, so she can function as highly as she does the rest of the week. Dinner was locally grown squash and potatoes covered with good old Wisconsin-made butter and kosher salt, topped off by excellent coffee.

Nov 9th 2013 new
Anne is sitting up in bed on her laptop trying to curb a wicked sense of humor,and bite her tongue..she thinks it's due to having a sore throat mischievous scratchchin eyebrow
On a more sane note, Anne enjoyed a day out with her two boys (big and small) that included cappuccino and ice-cream,good music and more rain . smile

Nov 9th 2013 new
Whitey Bulger is going to be sentenced Nov 13.Brian is happy.
Nov 10th 2013 new
Sherrill-Anne has been battling a cold with fever today.Hope I can make through the day tomorrow.

Nov 12th 2013 new
M returns today from where it was 79 yesterday afternoon at the pool to where it is presently 12 degrees penguin . Sigh sad
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Sherrill-Anne has been battling a cold with fever today.Hope I can make through the day tomorrow.

Hope you are feeling better Sherill-Anne hug rose
Anne is flying away tomorrow (going back in time? scratchchin) to meet up with her gentleman friend met on CM and then Australia .She hopes the weather won't be tooo cold in Missouri.She will be allowed to be excited
once she is on the plane,not before 'else she wouldn't sleep!Anne woke to the sound of heavy rain in the night
and was happy to think of the garden staying green while she is away. biggrin

Posts 181 - 190 of 200