Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: M notes it is hotter up here duNord than it is in FLA today, or than it will be this weekend when I visit the lil' vacation home. M also thanks St Anthony for prayers answered... after searching all evening for M's wallet, including going back to work twice, M was about to give up for the night, take a shower and go to bed... and lo and behold, what should be innocently laying in the top dresser drawer amidst the "whites" that M took out of the dryer upon returning home

Yay for finding your wallet! Hi Michael. Have a great trip to your "little summer home."
Aug 28th 2013 new
Sam enjoys reading along with everyone's lives.

Sam gets her first night off in 2 weeks tonight- woo hoo! 2 whole hours child free is nothing at which to sneeze. She will either go for a bike ride or collapse in a heap with a glass of wine, she hasn't decided. If she plans well, perhaps she can do both. Sam is also grateful for the heat. The poor grass is so shocked it does not require mowing, but her tomatoes are ripening nicely.

Sam is concerned about this fall's schedule. Both kids have soccer, which means 2 practices and 2 games a week, and the workload at school is increasing. She also has her two nephews every Tuesday night, since their mom is taking a night class. A teleportation device would be helpful. Sam is glad Labor Day and yet another day off are right around the corner.

Have a happy day, all!
Aug 31st 2013 new
Hi all! Such exciting things for everyone! Well, I have Friday thru Monday off woo hoo a mini vacation! SO, I spent Friday with my sisters and some extended family, my brothers had to work :-(, and today we are going to hang out and partially help at a garage sale for a family that has become homeless~ but my oldest sister has graciously offered her bottom level of her home to them! They have two little girls and are renting their home till he gets a job again. She's a saint!
Then tomorrow my sisters and I are going to GreenBay, WI to visit The Shrine at Our Lady of Good Help! Cannot wait! One of my cousins and her family lives there and she volunteers at the Parish, we will stay over night and come back Monday. I am so excited I feel nervous to be going to this Shrine, Holy land right in front of our eyes! In 1859 Adel Brise from Belgian said Our Lady appeared to her and it has been approved! YAY The First American approved Shrine. Hope everyone has a Blessed and safe Labor Day weekend. Praying theheart hug wave
Aug 31st 2013 new
Anne's children are still slumbering while she readies for Mass,a nice easy morning.After Anne's family attend Mass ,she and her children will visit her father for lunch,celebrating Father's day theheart
Anne is so glad Spring and warmer weather have arrived, and was amazed to see many butterflies on the lavender bushes yesterday.She has begun in earnest to whip her garden into shape,taming those biting berries
and feeding them compost when they obliged to stay put in circular position to bear fruit mischievous
Margo reminded Anne of the movie she watched recently "The Grapes Of Wrath",a film that moved her.
Anne needs to catch up on sleep,and not say her Rosary Novena too late at night as she starts to fall asleep!
She has really enjoyed catching up and reading every ones posts biggrin Praying
Aug 31st 2013 new
Hi Everyone!
Margo just returned from Saturday night Mass and now is watching her 3rd science fiction movie on Netflix. She found the first 2 movies unsatisfactory, so stopped watching them. But that's OK; the 3rd movie looks better than the first 2.
M went to the Farmers Market this morning and bought 4 bags of spinach because it will soon be out of season, cucumbers, green beans, 3 green peppers, 2 types of honey, apples from a local orchard and cinnamon rolls that she has already consumed. M was happy with all of her good buys! Farmers market food is so cheap and nutritious. It is so lovely to be able to go to the freezer in the winter and get tasty, frozen veggies for soup or a dish and remember that farmers market.
Also at the market, the man who is going to fix her 2 matching stained glass pieces and frame them said it will cost more than expected, but M doesn't mind. She thinks they will be worth the expense.
Anne, do you know about cheese curds? They are like the curds in cottage cheese only without the milky extra. Fresh cheese curds are squeaky and taste yummy. M sampled one today at the market.

Margo is again without children in Wisconsin. Her youngest should be somewhere in Europe as of this moment for his year of study abroad. A friend is to meet him at the airport.

Aug 31st 2013 new
Brian is happy.Labor Day Weekend is here.
Aug 31st 2013 new
Rachel is enjoying a glass of chocolate wine and watching a movie with her girls. She is celebrating the (hopefully) end of a mild but bothersome 3 day migraine.
Aug 31st 2013 new
(quote) Brian-252799 said: Brian is happy.Labor Day Weekend is here.
Margo loves Brian's cryptic comments abt the weekend, esp after M goes on & on & on abt Farmers Market vegetables. embarassed laughing cool
Aug 31st 2013 new
M is sitting in his back yard watching Venus setting between the two palm trees, and the reflections on the little pond. No gator right now, though. Lots of mosquitoes ... M could just as we'll be back home in MN if he wanted to be bitten the way he is right now rolling eyes
Aug 31st 2013 new
I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories and hearing about your busy schedules. I am retired now but I also led a hectic life years ago. The 1960s: 1961 graduated from high school; 1962 married; 1964 (twins John & Carolyn born); 1967 Kathleen born; 1969(twins Paul & Gina born).
I was also working full time at the Justice Dept. in DC but was able to take the summers off to
be with the children and give my Mom relief. After the divorce their father disappeared and we never heard from him again. (no child support) With God's help and my mother's help the children (5 teenagers at one time) grew up and are responsible adults. My shining star, Paul, died 5 yrs. ago of a massive heart attack at age 38. I can type that sentence but it is so very hard for me to read it without tearing up which is what I am doing now. Enjoy the children -- time goes sooo fast. I know if I didn't have my faith I would not have survived or I would be in a mental hospital today. I believe the Holy Spirit guided me through all those years and took me under her wings.
Posts 51 - 60 of 200