Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 1st 2013 new
(quote) Mary-950062 said: I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories and hearing about your busy schedules. I am retired now but I also led a hectic life years ago. The 1960s: 1961 graduated from high school; 1962 married; 1964 (twins John & Carolyn born); 1967 Kathleen born; 1969(twins Paul & Gina born).
I was also working full time at the Justice Dept. in DC but was able to take the summers off to
be with the children and give my Mom relief. After the divorce their father disappeared and we never heard from him again. (no child support) With God's help and my mother's help the children (5 teenagers at one time) grew up and are responsible adults. My shining star, Paul, died 5 yrs. ago of a massive heart attack at age 38. I can type that sentence but it is so very hard for me to read it without tearing up which is what I am doing now. Enjoy the children -- time goes sooo fast. I know if I didn't have my faith I would not have survived or I would be in a mental hospital today. I believe the Holy Spirit guided me through all those years and took me under her wings.
Welcome, Mary, to the Status Thread. We all love to share our lives and faith and compare notes. I'm glad that you're here.
Sep 1st 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: M is sitting in his back yard watching Venus setting between the two palm trees, and the reflections on the little pond. No gator right now, though. Lots of mosquitoes ... M could just as we'll be back home in MN if he wanted to be bitten the way he is right now
Margo is enjoying the thought of Michael looking at palm trees in the summer when she knows that he has spent virtually his whole life in frigid Duluth, MN, which can be so cold that Margo was told stories abt the Duluth cold when she was living in North Dakota, which has its cold moments...er, months.
Sep 1st 2013 new
Dave is getting ready to head back to church today for the second time, but this time will be to help set up for the parish's labor day festival tomorrow. Earlier in the day during the first trip to church Dave was able to have a nice chat with one of the two priests at his Parish prior to mass. This seems to have become a regular thing that Dave has begun to enjoy as a reflection period along a path between the chapel and the main church. Dave is looking forward to a day in the hot sun here, helping wherever it is needed to make tomorrows festival a success smile
Sep 1st 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Dave is getting ready to head back to church today for the second time, but this time will be to help set up for the parish's labor day festival tomorrow. Earlier in the day during the first trip to church Dave was able to have a nice chat with one of the two priests at his Parish prior to mass. This seems to have become a regular thing that Dave has begun to enjoy as a reflection period along a path between the chapel and the main church. Dave is looking forward to a day in the hot sun here, helping wherever it is needed to make tomorrows festival a success
Hope you'll enjoy the festivities put together by your parish.

Sherrill-Anne is steaming in the heat here.It's rainy season and I would love to get some rain.It often feels like this when a hurricane is forming nearby .Sherrrill-Anne hopes that doesn't happen.
Sep 1st 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Margo is enjoying the thought of Michael looking at palm trees in the summer when she knows that he has spent virtually his whole life in frigid Duluth, MN, which can be so cold that Margo was told stories abt the Duluth cold when she was living in North Dakota, which has its cold moments...er, months.
It won't be long , eh. snowman ... in Duluth, that is wink
Sep 2nd 2013 new
Wow! Sam is behind again. Welcome Mary! What a pleasure to meet you.
Jane, Sam hopes you are enjoying your visit to the shrine. Sam has a couple she likes.
Anne, so glad you are here to remind me that spring is coming someplace. Cicadas announce fall's approach here in Nebraska.
Brian, Margo and Rachel, Sam hopes you are enjoying your Labor Day.
Michael, the mosquitos love Sam, too. Lucky us. Like Margo, she has some trouble imagining you and palm trees in the same space.
Dave, Sam hopes the festival is a success and thanks you for helping with it.
Sherrill-Anne, Sam hopes for rain, too. The farmers need a little more to ensure a good harvest.

Sam has had two days and two nights off for the first time since last March. She slept a lot, did chores, errands and housework and went on two nice bike rides. Unfortunately, on the last one her derailleur attempted to shift into the spokes, rather than into her third chain ring, so it pretty much blew itself apart. Guess Sam is visiting the bike store tomorrow after work. Sam's kids came back noon yesterday, which made her happy. Today Sam has barbecue ribs in the crock pot, fresh green beans cleaned and snapped, ready to cook and bread rising on the counter. Sam is looking forward to lazing around with her kiddos and eating too much tonight. Happy Labor Day, all!
Sep 2nd 2013 new
Anne is happy now she has caught up on others lives here.Her heart goes out to Mary,and is glad she is joining the thread,wishes her well .
Sam,Anne is in a dream like state,wandering around a blossoming garden loaded with insects,and listening to the frogs constant babble night and day.She heard it is meant to be a good wet Spring(hopefully no frosts) so plans to purchase vegetable seeds and seedlings to go in.Anne has seen a squashed snake on the road and an echidna that had gotten too adventurous.
Margo-Anne wants curds!Her big sister made goatsmilk cheese once that was squeaky and curd like.
Anne is relived to have her laptop mended (pup got tangled in the charger cord!) and is enjoying the larger screen after using the iPad.
Anne hopes all had a good long weekend.
Sep 3rd 2013 new
Beverly has been absent for awhile because of the Rim Fire, and appreciates all the prayers from her CM friends. hug

Bev is still a temporary resident of Motel 6, along with her parents. Would someone PLEASE tell Tom Bodette to turn off the porch light tonight?
Sep 3rd 2013 new
Hi Beverly! Sorry to hear you are still being affected by the fire. I hope that Oakdale is being good to you. I've spoken to Tom. He asked if he should stop brewing the coffee, as well?!?! Chelle is feeling unsure today. Her mother is sick. She had a fever all weekend and wouldn't hardly eat or drink a thing. Chelle doesn't know if this is a phase or the beginning of the end. Chelle called the 24-hour nurse line yesterday and was given some comfort measures that seem to be working. She will call the paliative nurse today. Chelle is trying to stay positive, until it is necessary to think otherwise.... Although Chelle is still very grateful for her job, she hates the idea of having to leave her mother - even for a few hours....
Sep 3rd 2013 new
MdN returns to MN tomorrow after a brief vacation in FL. Siri told M that this morning's temperatures there were in the low 40's. MdN hope that Boots hellokitty did well alone and will be happy to see him again, and that she did no thinking outside the box this time rolling eyes
Posts 61 - 70 of 200