Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 5th 2013 new
lol Dave!! You'll be so buff you'll burst your shirt with all that work!
(that actually happens to me -- with all my swimming, I have short-sleeve blouses I've had to move the buttons on the sleeves to accommodate the increased muscles to allow me to wear them! lol)

Rachel is relaxing with music while eating lunch after a busy morning. She washed more laundry and hung it out to dry, dusted all the main floor rooms, gave attention where needed in her Mary garden, especially deadheading the spent blooms, picked a load of tomatoes from her garden and started another batch of sauce simmering on the stove, rescued her sunflowers and peppers from a beautiful and very fast growing vine that has invaded her garden, taken a half bushel of peaches and gotten them prepped and ready to freeze for use in baking over the winter, and taken 6 more peaches and made them into a pie that is now filling the house with a delicious aroma that has taken over the mild sauce smell of the tomatoes. She will fold and put away 4 loads of laundry while the pie finishes, then bike the mile to her dentist to pay the bill from her cleaning, then prepare herself for confession since tomorrow is First Friday. After confession, Rachel will take her daughter Susy to counseling for her continuing recovery from the eating disorder, then cut the backyard's grass. Sometime today she will finish going through a load of the tools and mess her ex left and take some to the recycling center along with the aluminum cans she collects on her walks -- maybe enough of a load to pay for a treat for her kids, like eating at the Chinese restaurant soon. Rachel wishes all a beautiful and blessed day!
Sep 6th 2013 new
Wendy is just a wee bit in a "wow" mindset today. She's thinking....the big 5-0. Really? She's thinking "How'd I get here?"

Wendy gets to celebrate by attending double meetings at work, leaving no time for lesson planning (for next week's lessons), so she'll work through lunch (what she calls a "chew and do"), so she has all her lesson plans done for next week before she leaves for the day today.

Have a great Friday everyone! hug
Sep 6th 2013 new
Dave hopes Wendy has a wonderful birthday, even though she has to work through it. Dave was fortunate to have gotten the truck load of books to the library last night so not double load thankfully. Dave is now off to help with Habitat for Humanity for the day. Dave is hoping everyone has a great Friday - and that Wendy's is the BEST. Happy Birthday! biggrin
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Wendy is just a wee bit in a "wow" mindset today. She's thinking....the big 5-0. Really? She's thinking "How'd I get here?"

Wendy got there by being her beautiful, accomplished and fabulous self. Sam looks forward to being like Wendy in a few short years.

All is well in Sam's world. She has absolutely no desire to go to work today, but is optimistic that another cup of coffee will adjust her attitude. Sam is looking forward to dinner with her kids and then shooing them off with their dad so she can enjoy a night off. Sam plans to take the kids camping Saturday night so she needs to do the weekend's chores tonight. She is looking forward to sleeping under the stars with her mutt curled by her side.
Sep 6th 2013 new
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone! Margo's weekend has started. She is in quite a sunny mood, cool which is fun. Margo wants to announce that she is single, annulled, the kids are all launched and she is available for a date. Her status is: Looking for Love in All the Right Places. wave

Sep 7th 2013 new
Hmm..Anne is sitting up too late reading forums,satisfied that Tony Abbot is the new Prime minister of Australia and ready to fall asleep after a long, good day.She went for a walk in the dark earlier with her youngest ,and showed her discovery of tiny glow worms in the damp grass,behind the house in a big paddock.
angel faint
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Hmm..Anne is sitting up too late reading forums,satisfied that Tony Abbot is the new Prime minister of Australia and ready to fall asleep after a long, good day.She went for a walk in the dark earlier with her youngest ,and showed her discovery of tiny glow worms in the damp grass,behind the house in a big paddock.
I read the same article and wondered how the people Down Under were feeling about their new government? After feeling envious of the Australians I'm out for a walk.
Sep 8th 2013 new
Wendy thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Her big day was wonderful, with it ending with time spent w/her kids, and then receiving an unanticipated email from a former student who wanted to let W. know how much she appreciated all that W. did to push her to be a strong student. For those of you who are teachers or know someone who is, receiving an email like that is priceless.

On Saturday, W. had planned on dropping her youngest off at church since the youth group was volunteering to cook/serve at a local church's soup kitchen. When no other adult was present at the 2:00 drop off time, W. knew something was amiss. Volunteer #1 (Mrs. E.) arrived shortly after 2:00, but learned soon after that volunteer #2 wasn't planning on attending....which meant they would be short cars to drive the youth group to the soup kitchen. Since W. didn't really have too much to do, she stayed and helped drive the youth kids. Upon arriving at the soup kitchen church, W. decided to stay after seeing the panic in Mrs. E when she learned she'd be having the youth group prepare ham, potatoes and vegi's for about 80 patrons. Mrs. E had never been a part of a soup kitchen experience before, nor had she cooked for more than 4 people.

The high school youth, combined with some fun ingenuity on Mrs. E and W.'s part, helped us to pull it all together for a mighty fine meal for the 70 patrons who arrived for dinner.

After clean up, and carting the youth back to our church, W. was able to return home with her daughter....to reflect on the fact that serving others really is a calling for her. What a wonderful feeling it is to take a bunch of donated food and spices, cook it up to make a meal, knowing all the while that someone will be fed by it....someone who may not have had a real, hot meal since the last time they visited a soup kitchen. heart

Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said:

W. was able to return home with her daughter....to reflect on the fact that serving others really is a calling for her. What a wonderful feeling it is to take a bunch of donated food and spices, cook it up to make a meal, knowing all the while that someone will be fed by it....someone who may not have had a real, hot meal since the last time they visited a soup kitchen.

Yay, Wendy! Sam agrees that service is a calling. Today one of her students asked if teaching makes her happy. She said, "Yes! If it didn't, I would do something else." Students seem to enjoy knowing that just being with them makes Sam happy.

Campout was awesome- great fire, a cold beer and zillions of stars shining down. Getting back to reality is less so. Looks like another too-busy week with 3 nights out of the house. Ugh. Time to help her son with his homework. Blessings to all!
Sep 10th 2013 new
Leyden is catching up on CM and having an amazing lunch of Spicy Tuna Volcano Roll sushi.

She is getting ready to meet her favorite person in a bit and just enjoying her last day of vacation. She is back from an 8-day Ignatian retreat feeling blessed and grace-filled.

She is sorry to have missed Wendy's b-day!! Let me be the 500th person to wish you happy! (She also cannot understand how Dave could have parted with so many books which to her would be like "Sophie's Choice"!

Posts 81 - 90 of 200