Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: These days, the United States is just as, if not more, in need of conversion than Russia.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Lord Help us.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: That is correct, which is why it is reported that popes receive confession at least weekly. That was reported, I think, in the case of Pope John Paul II.

They are most aware of their position of service.
So, Stephen, you are saying that the popes are like, like, like... walking saints :)
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: So, Stephen, you are saying that the popes are like, like, like... walking saints :)
No, I'm saying they're human and that, due to the heaviness of their calling, they need as much of God's grace and the aid of the sacraments as possible. The Pope is the Servant of the Servants of God, and they weren't kidding about that title.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: No, I'm saying they're human and that, due to the heaviness of their calling, they need as much of God's grace and the aid of the sacraments as possible. The Pope is the Servant of the Servants of God, and they weren't kidding about that title.
But of course Steven! Yet walking saints are humans too. Do you not agree? and none were/are without sin. But I am talking about the person of the pope who you point out likely examines their conscience and expiates personal sin at least weekly (likely daily) to a personal confessor; what an awesome thing! This has been a practice of the popes for quite some time...

As a side note, JPII is up for sainthood next year. What do you think about that?
Posts 131 - 134 of 134