Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

Bingo.
I am with you guys on this. God bless all of us.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: AMEN, Anne!!!

Let's stop arguing with each other and start praying with and for each other!!!
Thanks Tracy! And yes, Amen to what you just said, too! We just have to keep on to: Pray Pray Pray!

--Thanks John for your response. I'm just standing by & listening to "both sides" now & not "daring" to take either side of the camp. I would like to wait & see what else the Vatican has to say about this issue (& not a web site that does not have the "nihil obstat" verification--as printed Catholic material does) Peace to you "brothers in Christ" on CM!
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: Thanks Tracy! And yes, Amen to what you just said, too! We just have to keep on to: Pray Pray Pray!

--Thanks John for your response. I'm just standing by & listening to "both sides" now & not "daring" to take either side of the camp. I would like to wait & see what else the Vatican has to say about this issue (& not a web site that does not have the "nihil obstat" verification--as printed Catholic material does) Peace to you "brothers in Christ" on CM!
Anne,

Don't you and Tracy be bringing a lady's charm into a thread where the guys are seriously sparring, someone may unintentionally get hut or worse yet, we may have to become nice to one another. Gosh darn dating site! laughing
Aug 20th 2013 new
or worse yet... hurt...
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Anne,

Don't you and Tracy be bringing a lady's charm into a thread where the guys are seriously sparring, someone may unintentionally get hut or worse yet, we may have to become nice to one another. Gosh darn dating site!
John, who says that only cavemen can spar on issues?! Don't forget that there were plenty of cavewomen around working just as hard!

This IS a dating/friendship site. I must say that I am stunned by the tone and hostility I've been seeing. That's not very appealing to me, as I do not want to date or marry someone who would be in perpetual arguments with me the rest of my life!

I am no expert and I admit I have been mistaken on issues over the years, but I humbly and charitably point out that the Lord gives wisdom, knowledge, insight and other spiritual gifts to women, as well as to men. St. Catherine of Sienna was advisor to the Holy Father and had to chastise him a few times!

I'm no St. Catherine, by any means. I just pray, read, pray, discuss, pray, reflect, pray...and then pray some more to try and figure out 'what in the world' is happening in the world and what God's Will is for my life.

Charming? I try.

Mom always said a smile and kind words make one beautiful from the inside. That is more attractive and appealing than any stick-thin super-model in my book! At Medjugorje, when the visionaries commented in awe on how beautiful the Gospa was, Our Lady said, "I am beautiful because I love much." Life's too short to go around frowning, grumpy and arguing. Let's all just be grateful that Pope Francis will once again consecrate the world to Mary's Immaculate Heart...we ALL need that desperately!

p.s. When asked her thoughts about the Pope's world consecration, Sr. Lucy replied, "My heart is grieved" that is was not done as Our Lady requested, by not mentioning Russia...just sayin'...
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said:

p.s. When asked her thoughts about the Pope's world consecration, Sr. Lucy replied, "My heart is grieved" that is was not done as Our Lady requested, by not mentioning Russia...just sayin'...
And still, she informed Pope JPII's emissary and in two other letters that, in fact, heaven told her the Consecration was what was requested and was accepted.

And the best that the nay sayers can do is claim that the letters are forgeries and the Pope's emissary brow beat her. With no real proof to back up their claims.

Another critic backs up his claim by telling us Mother Angelica scoffed at the claim. But he stops the clock at that statement totally ignoring her later statement admitting that she was wrong and that Sr. Lucia had confirmed.

Its as bad as all the spurious claims about the 3rd secret not being fully disclosed. Over the years all sorts of wild scenarios were created about what the secret might contain.Those ruminations ran from the sublime to the ridiculous. But when JPII did release the contents of the 3rd secret in toto, they insist he didn't because it did not match their flights of fancy.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said:

Its as bad as all the spurious claims about the 3rd secret not being fully disclosed. Over the years all sorts of wild scenarios were created about what the secret might contain.Those ruminations ran from the sublime to the ridiculous. But when JPII did release the contents of the 3rd secret in toto, they insist he didn't because it did not match their flights of fancy.
OK, you opened the proverbial can of worms!

The 3rd Fatima Secret has NOT been fully disclosed.

And I take offense at how you dismiss others' opinions that don't match your own, but call them 'flights of fancy' and ridiculous.

My mother raised me to not be reduced to name-calling nor be dismissive or patronizing of others when debating a point. Therefore, I will be more than happy to discuss this issue elsewhere with polite Catholics concerned about the truth. I can swing a club with the best of you cavemen, but I'd rather pray and speak with you rationally instead.

Ave Maria!
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: OK, you opened the proverbial can of worms!

The 3rd Fatima Secret has NOT been fully disclosed.

And I take offense at how you dismiss others' opinions that don't match your own, but call them 'flights of fancy' and ridiculous.

My mother raised me to not be reduced to name-calling nor be dismissive or patronizing of others when debating a point. Therefore, I will be more than happy to discuss this issue elsewhere with polite Catholics concerned about the truth. I can swing a club with the best of you cavemen, but I'd rather pray and speak with you rationally instead.

Ave Maria!
Here are two documents to read.

The first is a discussion of the third secret as well as a reproduction of the original texts with translations of all three secrets.It includes interpretations.

www.ewtn.com

The second addresses each of the main objections made by those who insist it has not been completely revealed.

www.ignatiusinsight.com

It is beyond my understanding how anyone can insist that the third secret was not revealed when Sr. Lucia herself stated that it was and the documents released by the Vatican were in fact hers. But then I can't understand why people keep insisting that the Consecration has not been performed when Sr. Lucia herself said otherwise. and the only response from the unbelievers is to cry fraud where no proof of any value is presented to support the claim of fraud.

I dismiss those who disagree with me on these issues not because they disagree with me but because they have no basis in fact or reality for their disagreement and their disagreement flies in the face of concrete evidence from the best possible source, Sr. Lucia herself, who says they are wrong.

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Anne,

Don't you and Tracy be bringing a lady's charm into a thread where the guys are seriously sparring, someone may unintentionally get hut or worse yet, we may have to become nice to one another. Gosh darn dating site!
John, what a hilarious "analogy" of the only 2 CM ladies even "entering" y'all discussion! laughing rolling eyes I think I was even cracking up thinking about this "image" of "ladies in waiting" while you guys stab at each other (& maybe even taking off a body part) while we just watch. Hah hah! It probably kept me "awake" as I had to drive & from my home to Atlanta for my class this evening. I had to do something to keep my mind occupied. (Also, I had to get my mind off the "near-tragedy" at the poor elementary school in Atlanta where the young gunman charged in & held 2 school employees hostage.) I needed some "comedy relief" from real life events of the day!
....So, as Tracy & I say---you guys try & "get along" & "play fair" & don't fight too much, pllleeze! :-)
Aug 21st 2013 new
Sacro Vergente Anno (1952-07-07)
Consecration all the peoples of Russia to Immaculate Heart

On July 7, on the occasion of the feast of Saints Cyril and Methodius, apostles of the Slavic peoples, Pope Pius XII published the Apostolic Letter addressed to the peoples of Russia:

<>

And we, so that our fervent prayers and yours may more easily be heard, and to give you a special testimony of our particular benevolence, just as a few years ago we consecrated the entire human race to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so today we consecrate and in a most special manner we entrust all the peoples of Russia to this Immaculate Heart, with the firm hope that soon, thanks to the all-powerful patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the wishes which we form with all of you and all good men may be happily fulfilled, for a true peace, fraternal concord and the liberty due to all, and in the first place to the Church. Thus by our prayer, united to your own and that of the whole Christian people, the Kingdom of the Saviour Jesus Christ will be firmly established over all the earth: A Kingdom of truth and life, a Kingdom of holiness and grace, a Kingdom of justice, love and peace.

Pope Pius XII

Apostolic Letter Sacro Vergente Anno, July 7, 1952
Posts 71 - 80 of 134