Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: How awesome! The third pope in a row to do so. I sense a trend...
A correction of an unintended error, that frankly I am surprised no one chose to point out specifically, although indirectly Paul did...

The statement above should have just simply read as thus:

How Awesome! The third pope to do so. I sense a trend...

Having some idea of how the Holy Office works I could surmise that Pope Benedict XVI may have intended to renew the consecration of the WORLD to the Immaculate Heart of Mary himself, as the agenda for such things is planned months and sometimes years in advance.
Aug 21st 2013 new
This entire thread is representative of why I no longer post in the forums. I cannot help but imagine that there are MANY others who also feel this way, and CM would be a much different and better place if the forums were a happy place to chat. Such bickering and telling people that they are wrong and using ridicule is so childish. I have no intention of renewing Catholic Match ever again because of all the arrogance and narcissism filling these posts. Catholic Match would otherwise be a perfectly good system, but it gets ruined by the few.
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jim-624621 said: This entire thread is representative of why I no longer post in the forums. I cannot help but imagine that there are MANY others who also feel this way, and CM would be a much different and better place if the forums were a happy place to chat. Such bickering and telling people that they are wrong and using ridicule is so childish. I have no intention of renewing Catholic Match ever again because of all the arrogance and narcissism filling these posts. Catholic Match would otherwise be a perfectly good system, but it gets ruined by the few.
Hmm, well it would seem that you do post, Jim.

And, in what light should your judgment be taken? Do you believe that we all should always just agree with one another in every instance? I would submit to you, generally speaking, that what you express above does not encompass a clear grasp of the realities that we face in this life.
Aug 21st 2013 new
Why hasn't the pope consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart?

Full Question

When the Virgin Mary appeared at Fatima, she stated emphatically that there would not be world peace unless the pope consecrated Russia to her Immaculate Heart. Why won't the pope do this?

Answer

The consecration took place on March 25, 1984 when Pope John Paul II, in union with the bishops of the world, consecrated the world and...

"in a special way . . . those individuals and nations which particularly need to be thus entrusted and consecrated"

to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Russia was named indirectly, probably for political and ecumenical reasons, but Sr. Lucia dos Santos, the last surviving Fatima seer, assured the papal nuncio to Portugal that our Ladys request for the consecration had been fulfilled. A timeline of the consecration and related events can be found at EWTN..

Answered by: Michelle Arnold
http://www.catholic.org
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jim-624621 said: This entire thread is representative of why I no longer post in the forums. I cannot help but imagine that there are MANY others who also feel this way, and CM would be a much different and better place if the forums were a happy place to chat. Such bickering and telling people that they are wrong and using ridicule is so childish. I have no intention of renewing Catholic Match ever again because of all the arrogance and narcissism filling these posts. Catholic Match would otherwise be a perfectly good system, but it gets ruined by the few.
It might help if there is a forum for controversial topics. This topic and one in Current Events clearly belong in there.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
Jim, we hate to see you go, for just a few opinionated, stubborn, few on here. The way I view it, is like the 12-step slogan: "Take what you like & leave the rest." I mean this only in regards to the CM forums, though & not our Roman Catholic faith. I, too have felt offended by a few, but know in the future I just ignore any topics they start or skip past most all they have to say as I see them as "foolish" & not worth my time, anyway.
...Maybe, just give some forums a break for awhile (for what it's worth!). Many blessings on your future...
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: John, what a hilarious "analogy" of the only 2 CM ladies even "entering" y'all discussion! I think I was even cracking up thinking about this "image" of "ladies in waiting" while you guys stab at each other (& maybe even taking off a body part) while we just watch. Hah hah! It probably kept me "awake" as I had to drive & from my home to Atlanta for my class this evening. I had to do something to keep my mind occupied. (Also, I had to get my mind off the "near-tragedy" at the poor elementary school in Atlanta where the young gunman charged in & held 2 school employees hostage.) I needed some "comedy relief" from real life events of the day!
....So, as Tracy & I say---you guys try & "get along" & "play fair" & don't fight too much, pllleeze! :-)
Oops! Monica commented earlier in the thread...

Anne, you have an very active imagination.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
I also agree. Our Lady specifically said Russia when appearing to the Fatima children.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Adrienne-1000694 said: I also agree. Our Lady specifically said Russia when appearing to the Fatima children.
That is quite the statement for a first time CM post. Wecome to the CM forums!

Adrienne, Mary's request was satisfied.

Have you read the entire thread, or did you just read the first few and went on to comment? Just a question...
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Adrienne-1000694 said: I also agree. Our Lady specifically said Russia when appearing to the Fatima children.
Welcome to CM Forums Adrienne wave
Posts 81 - 90 of 134